IGNORED

Arsenal Away

myol'man

thought that might grab your attention!

For those of us over 40 this brings back memories of our trip to

Highbury, stood on the Clock end, watching Merrick, Cheesely, Whitehead etc

take on Supermac and the rest of the Gunners. We had no chance !

1-0 to City, thank you very much!

For the rest of you not old enough to remember that great day,

Arsenal away would get you dreaming of a trip to the Emirates Stadium.

Well, with 6 games to go this is not a dream, this is for real,

we are that close. So now is the time for EVERONE connected

to Bristol City, fans, players, management, staff, forum posters, local media,

to give it one more push, and make it happen. :englandsmile4wf:

:Believe: :Believe: :Believe:

COME ON YOU REDS

i went to the arsenal away game nice sunny day then watched the highlights next day on the big match with brian moore bought the dvd when city released it :englandflag:

I was there as well, happy days ..... and the following tuesday, first home game against Stoke when Shilton clattered Cheesley ... his last game ... that incident defined our destiny for a good generation or so after that i reckon....

Well you'd hope theyd offer more than 3000!

Don't bank on it....

If the dream does become reality then I expect we will be shocked at how low numbers of tickets some prem clubs will give us

Plus not all home prem tickets are handled by the home club - I think a certain amount have to be made available to official Premier League ticket sites so neutrals can attend (for neutrals read corporate)

The Premier League really is a different world to the Football league

For example....BCFC have received a letter (although I understand it is more like a dossier) that goes to all clubs involved in promotion to the prem explaining the minimum requirements for premier clubs...this includes such gems as...

Minimum of 250 media stations - all wired up and ready to go so journo just has to plug in (this will mean removing seats in Williams) I think AG has something like 10 at the moment

Permanent camera positions around the ground (at least 6 I think) as cameras are at every prem game so they don't put them up & take em down like we do at present

(This will mean removing seats in all four stands)

What concerns me is just the two above will mean reducing capacity

add to that the tickets for ticket sites etc and you can see that there wont be many available for the Bristol public unless you have a ST

Don't bank on it....

If the dream does become reality then I expect we will be shocked at how low numbers of tickets some prem clubs will give us

Plus not all home prem tickets are handled by the home club - I think a certain amount have to be made available to official Premier League ticket sites so neutrals can attend (for neutrals read corporate)

The Premier League really is a different world to the Football league

For example....BCFC have received a letter (although I understand it is more like a dossier) that goes to all clubs involved in promotion to the prem explaining the minimum requirements for premier clubs...this includes such gems as...

Minimum of 250 media stations - all wired up and ready to go so journo just has to plug in (this will mean removing seats in Williams) I think AG has something like 10 at the moment

Permanent camera positions around the ground (at least 6 I think) as cameras are at every prem game so they don't put them up & take em down like we do at present

(This will mean removing seats in all four stands)

What concerns me is just the two above will mean reducing capacity

add to that the tickets for ticket sites etc and you can see that there wont be many available for the Bristol public unless you have a ST

Well, lets not bother then, miserable git !

I was there as well, happy days ..... and the following tuesday, first home game against Stoke when Shilton clattered Cheesley ... his last game ... that incident defined our destiny for a good generation or so after that i reckon....

I was sitting in the stand near the end of PC's GOOOAAAALLLL

I can remember being 13 and me and my old man taking a lot of abuse from a family sitting behind us. When the goal went in I will always remember turning to them clenching my fists screaming goallllll....Does everyone remember the what a waste of money chants at MacDonald. I was at the Stoke game too Donnie Gillies getting on the end of a backpass.

Enough said about Shilton...And I agree with the comment about our destiny...Still new generation now and a long time coming it was!!

Good Luck to our boys on Saturday...I will be willing them on in my Chicago living room along with the rest of the expat gang on World & live chat.

thought that might grab your attention!

For those of us over 40 this brings back memories of our trip to

Highbury, stood on the Clock end, watching Merrick, Cheesely, Whitehead etc

take on Supermac and the rest of the Gunners. We had no chance !

1-0 to City, thank you very much!

For the rest of you not old enough to remember that great day,

Arsenal away would get you dreaming of a trip to the Emirates Stadium.

Well, with 6 games to go this is not a dream, this is for real,

we are that close. So now is the time for EVERONE connected

to Bristol City, fans, players, management, staff, forum posters, local media,

to give it one more push, and make it happen. :englandsmile4wf:

:Believe: :Believe: :Believe:

COME ON YOU REDS

I was there, great day, correct me if i am wrong but i think it was Mcdonalds first game for the gooners,bought a evening standard on the way out of london and the headline was SUFFERING SUPERMACS priceless :laugh:

no he wants to get there as much as any of us do hes just facing the bare facts stumped mate

i to have come to this conclusion,if we are to get to the promised land then i doubt very much that i will ever see a live game in person ,,cant do season tickets ,mortgage, kids etc,but i would not swap our great position for the world.

Archived