IGNORED

Johnson Hits Back At The Critics - And Also Re-appeals To The Early Leavers

kmpowell

It doesn't make it clear who these 'critics or 'people' are, and if GJ or the lads take any notice of anyone on here letting off steam after gaining points from some of the battling performances recently then I'd be disappointed.

I for one wouldn't come onto this or any other forum criticising the lads after the fantastic season we're having. No need for it at all.

Hope dezgimed reads this

But you've got to believe in what you're doing and get your crowd going like we did again at Ashton Gate - and make sure they don't leave until after the final whistle because they're going to miss goals otherwise.

Copy and paste, someone, please? No BBC at work :(

Bristol City boss Gary Johnson has hit out at critics who say the Championship leaders are not playing at their best.

Saturday's win over Norwich saw City replace Stoke at the top of the league.

"It's a bit disappointing. We're at the top of the table at the minute and really they should just be enjoying that," he told BBC Points West.

"We've got to look at the positives. We picked up three vital points and got ourselves on 70 before everybody else with five games to go."

"So we'll try and ignore those little comments - we're doing all right."

Johnson believes promotion to the Premier League will be secured by whichever teams keep their collective nerve.

It's a fantastic position to be in

Gary Johnson

"Watford have a had a long run without winning, Stoke have only won 1 in 8 or something, so everybody's having their little blips.

"Hull are having a great run, they're the team that coming out of the pack, always a team do that every year and they're the ones doing it.

"But you've got to believe in what you're doing and get your crowd going like we did again at Ashton Gate - and make sure they don't leave until after the final whistle because they're going to miss goals otherwise.

Steve Brooker

Brooker's winner against Norwich sent City top of the Championship (Getty)

"There's going to be some twists and turns, that's for sure, between now and the end of the season."

City are already focusing on their next game, against relegation-threatened Southampton at St Mary's.

"It's another big game in our history, every win now is absolutely massive," said Johnson. "I know that word keeps being used but it is.

"As we speak they could be in the bottom three so we know what the means to a club like Southampton to be in the bottom three and maybe relegation to League One.

"They're not going to want that, so we've got to be ready for another cup final and another team that's desperate to get out of trouble."

Maltareds

Johnson believes his team deserve to be top of the table.

"We pinch ourselves occasionally but we can believe we're here.

"Every now and again when we get knocked off the top spot, people don't stop believing but you don't get as much fuss made of you.

"Then you go top again and there's a lot more fuss - but with only five games to go you just have to deal with it and it's a fantastic position to be in."

Less face it City are top of the league despite not being at thier best for the last few games. I can't see why Johnson is going on about fans stating the truth. Did City play well against Norwich? No, they didn't but still got all the points.

Surely that has to be a positive.

Not playing well and winning is what the great Liverpool side of the 70's and 80's used to do. The amount of games they won with a late goal is remarkable. Whilst its not fair to compare City with Liverpool, there are similarities.

What will happen when City do hit top form? Someone will be in for a thrashing......Southampton maybe?

I think Gary should have a word with his non-playing players, these are always the first to leave their seats. Normally before the board has gone up.

This is what normally start the fans leaving the Williams, a bit like sheep once one has left others tend to follow.

:sleeping:

So what's ratted you off more....the fact that someone didn't bother to read your post before duplicating, or the fact that this thread has replies?!? Do you spend all your time looking to correct people? You should work in a prison...they need good correctional officers - you'd be great!!!

Anyway..... I gotta admit, the early leavers thing did strike me the other day two....they'd have missed all the euphoria that everyone left in the home end felt on Saturday...that's kinda sad.

But to anyone who says we're not playing great....you're right...we're not... but.....

:yahoo: We're top of the league, we're top of the leeeeeague....We're Bristol City...We're top of the league!! :yahoo:

Was in the Dolman B block on Sat and nearly the WHOLE ROW had left by the time Brooker had scored !!!!!!

I had to run 10 yards to find someone to celebrate with !!

WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is funny!!

I was in the williams on saturday so obviously sat opposite the Dolman, and the amount of people leaving was SHOCKING!!

It wasn't just one or two, it was almost the whole Bl**y stand!!

Normally sitting in the Atyeo and Dolman, I hadn't realised it was quite this bad, I even had to do a double-take to make sure that the match hadn't ended!!

Archived