IGNORED

Grand National 2008

tin

With the National approaching on Saturday, I was wondering who everyone was looking at backing?

For me, it's too early to tell but I've a hunch for Bewleys Berry.

And for those of us travelling to Southampton, don't worry. There's a Ladbrokes right opposite the Giddy Bridge pub.

Back in feb I think it was both cloudy lane and mr pointment ran at doncaster, mr pointment was some what disappointing and cloudy lane looked good all be it suspect at a few jumps.

Before that race I could have got cloudy lane at 12's, last time I looked he was 6's so abit annoying.

But for me it's Comply or Die, Chelsea Harbour, Brewleys Berry, Slim Pickings.

Also a nice little price is mckelvey.

Just hope I can get to the bookies before the odds tumble

Back in feb I think it was both cloudy lane and mr pointment ran at doncaster, mr pointment was some what disappointing and cloudy lane looked good all be it suspect at a few jumps.

Before that race I could have got cloudy lane at 12's, last time I looked he was 6's so abit annoying.

But for me it's Comply or Die, Chelsea Harbour, Brewleys Berry, Slim Pickings.

Also a nice little price is mckelvey.

Just hope I can get to the bookies before the odds tumble

A lot of people are talking about Mr Pointment and Chelsea Harbour. So may have some on the nose for those. McKelvey is a good horse that I've backed in the past, may even have backed him in last years National.

A lot of people are talking about Mr Pointment and Chelsea Harbour. So may have some on the nose for those. McKelvey is a good horse that I've backed in the past, may even have backed him in last years National.

One tip tin don't take a tip of chris!!

Thats the thing that has got me. Before that race mr pointent was 15/2 (I believe), and cloudy lane at 12's. Mr Pointment ran off the front the whole way round and didnt last the pace BUT did the trainer use that race as a trial (i.e seeing if that tactic would work, how he ran at high pace etc) because he must have been favourite back then for a reason.

Still I will also be looking out for kauto star running on thursday.

One tip tin don't take a tip of chris!!

Thats the thing that has got me. Before that race mr pointent was 15/2 (I believe), and cloudy lane at 12's. Mr Pointment ran off the front the whole way round and didnt last the pace BUT did the trainer use that race as a trial (i.e seeing if that tactic would work, how he ran at high pace etc) because he must have been favourite back then for a reason.

Still I will also be looking out for kauto star running on thursday.

Haha, I don't take tips off of him. He's usually the one begging me for tips after my £400 windfall on Gold Cup day a few weeks ago! No doubt he'll be sniffing around again! :D

For those of you reading this thread with no idea who Chris is, he's Taunton City. So don't back anything he says folks! You have been warned!

hahaha!!

Adam i have always admited to knowing F all about horse racing!!!

Ha ha. Ok your mate then.

Just put my 40 on. Although I went against my gut instinct and done mr pointment instead of mckevley as my outsider (ok 16/1 isnt much of an outsider!)

£400- who did you have?

I was abit p'ed off on the thursday of cheltenham looked at mcgoldrick but decided against it and he ended up a 66/1 winner!!!!

Last few years (4 i believe) the national has been won by a faller from the previous year, so my money this year is on simon who fell after looking good last year 14-1 shout worth putting a fiver on, the biggest concern would be the form of Cloudy Lane and the stamina of Comply or Die. Each way shouts that could intrest a few Tumbling Dice at 80-1, Joaaci priced at 66-1 trained at the Pipe yard, Baily Breeze at 66-1 and Dargent at 25-1.

Personally i'm going

£20 on Simon to win

£10 e/w on Joacci

Go on then someone tell me who to put my money on, give me 6 horses.

Will be doing E/W bets for most I should think.

Too early to tell yet Dolls as there's still two days racing ahead of the National. Get your money on a Kauto Star/Celestial Halo each way double tomorrow though if you fancy it. As nailed on as you'll get. :whistle2:

I shall reveal my tips for the National on here on Friday evening seeing as it's the only time I've got to study them before the trip to the South Coast...

Too early to tell yet Dolls as there's still two days racing ahead of the National. Get your money on a Kauto Star/Celestial Halo each way double tomorrow though if you fancy it. As nailed on as you'll get. :whistle2:

I shall reveal my tips for the National on here on Friday evening seeing as it's the only time I've got to study them before the trip to the South Coast...

Both to win????

I doubt I will have time to get to the bookies tomorrow as the child I look after is in hospital having an operation but I would very much appreciate any advice for the National.

I doubt I will have time to get to the bookies tomorrow as the child I look after is in hospital having an operation but I would very much appreciate any advice for the National.

Stick a pin in the race card 6 times and do 'em all each way. The national is a bit of a laugh race, the real racing was on at Cheltenham the other week, that's a proper festival

Stick a pin in the race card 6 times and do 'em all each way. The national is a bit of a laugh race, the real racing was on at Cheltenham the other week, that's a proper festival

Spot on. The National is notoriously hard to predict and many seasoned punters stay away from this one.

I know jack about nags mind, but it looks like the forecast will be dry for Sat in Liverpool.

There are some good horses running today:

Ingles Drever at 2.00

Franchoek at 4.55

Kauto Star hasn't got any competetion running against him-although at 9-1 our vic isnt a bad e/w shout.

Been hearing good things about Binocular who is running against celestial halo so that could push him.

Like the look of katarino in the 3.45 waley-cohen always rides well around aintree and the horse is a double winner of this race altough he is getting on in years now so maybe not a banker like it used to be.

As a side thought ede's running today at taunton is in good form, 4 wins in the last 4 runs.

The same with chestnut annie 5 wins in the last 5.

Kauto Star hasn't got any competetion running against him-although at 9-1 our vic isnt a bad e/w shout.

Trouble is he'll have to come 2nd due to the low number of runners, might get a third place on betfair or something, the odds wll shorten close to race time, as you said he really is the only other thing running that looks even half decent, as all the other e/w backer jump on him

Trouble is he'll have to come 2nd due to the low number of runners, might get a third place on betfair or something, the odds wll shorten close to race time, as you said he really is the only other thing running that looks even half decent, as all the other e/w backer jump on him

Yeah. He ran well in similar conditions at cheltenham and with the odds he is/was I'm thinking why not.

Also in the same race is monets garden who goes well around aintree but he was well beaten last time he and kauto raced in the same race.

Still as tin said has to be regarded as a cert for kauto star

There are some good horses running today:

Ingles Drever at 2.00

Franchoek at 4.55

Been hearing good things about Binocular who is running against celestial halo so that could push him.

Like the look of katarino in the 3.45 waley-cohen always rides well around aintree and the horse is a double winner of this race altough he is getting on in years now so maybe not a banker like it used to be.

As a side thought ede's running today at taunton is in good form, 4 wins in the last 4 runs.

The same with chestnut annie 5 wins in the last 5.

Good call Adam.....

Good call Adam.....

Very good call. Problem with Our Vic is that you don't know what sort of race he's ever going to run so best to stay away from him. Very incosistant at the best of times.

Kauto disappoints again but at least the e/w double on him and Celestial Halo gave me a small profit though.

Thisantother with Franchoek for me now in the next two with a e/w value bet on 'Where Now' in the next one, due off in 5mins. 9/1's a very good price for this one and he should place.

Get your money on Masterminded tomorrow. Top notch Nag.

I'm having an off day today and I'm just about even. Dunno whether to plumb for Franchoek in a single in the next race or cut my losses and go again tomorrow. When you see Kauto buckle in a field of five you should know it's not your day!

Archived