IGNORED

Grand National 2008

tin

I'm having an off day today and I'm just about even. Dunno whether to plumb for Franchoek in a single in the next race or cut my losses and go again tomorrow. When you see Kauto buckle in a field of five you should know it's not your day!

I suppose he come under the same bracket as kauto and look what happened so you never know. I can only see a danger coming from either whiteoak or group captain out of the field so I guess it depends how highly you rate them.

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

EDIT-One thing I forgot to add was since Our Vic has had the blinkers on he has been far more consistent and better horse

That was alex's tip on sky sports news this morning for an E/W bet.

EDIT- Just noticed the results 25-1 stan won it.

Where did leslingtaylor come?

Not in the top four anyway! My SSN has been on the blink recently so didn't see her tip this morning. Picture keeps scattering and saying 'no signal received'. Anyway, I digress. If I did see her tip this nag then I'd have steered well clear of it.

Tin, masterminded is already 2-7 with most bookies one or 2 or still showing 1-3, unless you've got £100k I don't think I'll be backing that tomorrow, I'll have to find something else to do the double

Yeah I noticed that. Worth picking him in a double or treble though because he's as nailed on as can be. Maybe throw him in with Captain Cee Bee or Albertas Run.

Anyway, getting back on track, here's the field for the National with current odds supplied by Ladbrokes.

Cloudy Lane 9/2

Comply Or Die 10/1

Simon 10/1

Slim Pickings 11/1

Bewleys Berry 14/1

Chelsea Harbour 14/1

Butler's Cabin 16/1

Mr Pointment 16/1

Hedgehunter 20/1

Kings John Castle 20/1

Mckelvey 20/1

Snowy Morning 20/1

Dun Doire 25/1

Philson Run 25/1

Point Barrow 25/1

Turko 25/1

D'Argent 33/1

L'Ami 33/1

Mon Mome 33/1

Kelami 40/1

Vodka Bleu 40/1

Black Apalachi 50/1

Fundamentalist 50/1

Knowhere 50/1

The rest are deadwood. The selection's in bold are the one's I'm looking at at the moment. Some very good prices in there...

Yeah I noticed that. Worth picking him in a double or treble though because he's as nailed on as can be. Maybe throw him in with Captain Cee Bee or Albertas Run.

Anyway, getting back on track, here's the field for the National with current odds supplied by Ladbrokes.

Cloudy Lane 9/2

Comply Or Die 10/1

Simon 10/1

Slim Pickings 11/1

Bewleys Berry 14/1

Chelsea Harbour 14/1

Butler's Cabin 16/1

Mr Pointment 16/1

Hedgehunter 20/1

Kings John Castle 20/1

Mckelvey 20/1

Snowy Morning 20/1

Dun Doire 25/1

Philson Run 25/1

Point Barrow 25/1

Turko 25/1

D'Argent 33/1

L'Ami 33/1

Mon Mome 33/1

Kelami 40/1

Vodka Bleu 40/1

Black Apalachi 50/1

Fundamentalist 50/1

Knowhere 50/1

The rest are deadwood. The selection's in bold are the one's I'm looking at at the moment. Some very good prices in there...

I know bugger all about horse racing but usually put a few quid on the national, I am going to back my namesake Simon I think.. If I follow your tips Tin and lose, would you consider giving me your Preston ticket as a result of my financial hardship??

don't swear at me, you gotta try havent you!!! :pray:

I know bugger all about horse racing but usually put a few quid on the national, I am going to back my namesake Simon I think.. If I follow your tips Tin and lose, would you consider giving me your Preston ticket as a result of my financial hardship??

don't swear at me, you gotta try havent you!!! :pray:

Simon's a good horse and was unlucky last year. He's still good value so well worth a punt. There's no way in hell you'll be getting my PNE ticket if my tips fail mucker but nice try nonetheless. ;)

D'Argent looks a good outside bet but how much of a negative are blinkers? Also Comply or Die looks sure to give a good account but with the ground unlikely to be too testing will he have the necessary class?

I was reading on the Beeb that favourites have a pretty poor record in the race so i'll be swerving Cloudy Lane.

Simon's a good horse and was unlucky last year. He's still good value so well worth a punt. There's no way in hell you'll be getting my PNE ticket if my tips fail mucker but nice try nonetheless. ;)

Ah well, worth a try :innocent06: I will buy some tickets for the Preston section out of my winnings..

I got McElvey(sp?) in the sweepstake, looks like a loada shit...

What a waste of a pound!

:fastasleep:

Mckelvey ain't a bad horse. I'll trade you both my sweepstakes for him any day of the week! :noexpression:

Right ladies and gents, these aren't my final tips as I won't decide for sure til I read The Sun and the WDP on the train tomorrow but here's my 85% certain four horses. Bet each way on all of them with an extra little sundry on a tricast as you never know what may happen.

Simon 12/1

Bewleys Berry 14/1

D'Argent 25/1

Philson Run 33/1

I am not responsible for those of you who follow this but before last year I did have four National winners on the spin plus a 1,3,4 in 2005 so follow this at your peril folks...

Archived