IGNORED

Sag Planning

bartolona

Approved 7-2.

Great news for us, it gives them less room to refuse our future application and it means there's a reasonable chance Rovers will move out of Bristol and be unable to afford to finish the development that allows them to come back.

Now begins the frantic hunt down the back of the couch for £30m, good luck with that Dunceford.

Think the threat of the cost of an appeal swung it. Agree it should help us in future plans.

Still think the Sags will make a pigs ear out of it.

Think the threat of the cost of an appeal swung it. Agree it should help us in future plans.

Still think the Sags will make a pigs ear out of it.

I agree, I think the cost of an appeal was far too much of a factor but it sounded like the law is on your side once you have any form of approval, must mean it's common tactics for any developer to get a palatable plan in then change it. We should take note cos I'm sure there will be one or two nimbys near where we're building.

They will make a pig's ear of it because they don't have the money, all this "self financing" and "debt free" talk is a load of old pap. It just means they hope to be able to borrow £30-40m and then after it's built pay the debt off by flogging or leasing the revenue generating facilities. It's a massive gamble in that respect and that's IF they can secure the finance on acceptable terms which in the markedly different economic climate to 3 years ago when they dreamed this up seems somewhat unlikely.

Spud Murphy for mayor!

The chairman is biased. 'If we vote no it may go to court and the poll tax will rise to pay for the lwyers, I don't know which way I will vote'.Really?

We need to remember to drop hints about a court appeal at our application meeting then. :innocent06:

the main differences between our plans and rovers is that we are moving to a new site so wont impact the residents where as rovers re development does impact the residents quite a bit.

Also another thing to note it in the meeting one of the counselors did mention about city moving to a more suitable enviorment for a stadium and he thought rovers should do the same and that theres plenty of suitable land around.

Look out for a councellor Martin Carey.

He is a postman in the Mead and claimed he was working late last time he had to vote and couldn't go. He's a postman for christ's sake. They NEVER work past 2:00 in the afternoon.

That WAS Billy Ocean (Saunders). Some one with a pink tie is now banging on about them being a 'family club'. Most of the family seem to go in the Cabot on saturdays. And thats why its shut.

Councellor Martin Carey

Lives in Bishopthorpe road Manor Farm w-o-t BS10

He is a sag but never goes

Drives a beige ford cortina 1600e with peeling vinyl roof

Works out of wesbury on trym royal mail office

All thank you letters should be Posted to above address

Which is a completely separate issue to a planning application.

Lets be honest, is there any REAL reason not to approve the plans apart from the fact that:

a) they were submitted by Bristol Rovers

b) the likelihood of it ever getting built is slight

Plenty of reasons. Have you not seen the pictures of the proposed development? The locals lives are going to be seriously affected and the prices of there houses will go down due to them having a eyesore in there back garden. Would you like this in your back garden? http://horfieldrose.org.uk/uploaded_images...nges-773619.jpg

The whole proposal is a shambles and should never have been given the go ahead in the first place. The site is unsuitable for a 18500 seater stadium that will be used every weekend. Ashton gate can be a nightmare when it' a sell out for traffic and parking. Imagine what it will be like there for parking and then you also have the busy Muller and Gloucester roads as well. How would you feel if you couldn't leave your house on a Saturday because when you get back there is no where to park?

None of this matters anyway because they will never build it and what will happen is they will move out knock the current stadium down and then say they are unable to fund the project and will be exiled in wherever will have them and houses will be built on the site and then they will beg us to either let them play at AG when we move out or share our new stadium with them.

I have to say, I live RIGHT next door to the ground and if I was a home-owner, as opposed to a cheap-skate renter, I'd be seriously ######ed off with the decision!

To those who've said it's only minor alterations, it isn't - there are considerable changes which mean the sags are getting a lot in through the back door, so to speak. They're cutting some of the more positive aspects which swung the decision in their favour last time, and adding more negatives, which the councillors have little choice but to vote for.

Personally, I'm not that bothered - I can't see the whole thing going ahead anyway. Besides, if it does, it'll mean I won't have to put up with seeing my road turn into something like the Michael Jackson 'Thriller' video every fortnight, with the living dead and their six-toed offspring meandering about looking for their next meal.

It does mean I won't be able to just pop over the fence in the middle of the night and lay dog turds all around Phillips' goalmouth.

What I can't understand is why, when everyone else is building new grounds on the outskirts of the city, surrounded by retail parks, with acres of parking and good access to the mottorway, trains, etc., they are renovating an old Victorian ground like the Memorial Stadium?!

There's no room, access is appalling, traffic is terrible on matchdays, the place is surrounded by residential housing and most of the people who live there are rugby or cricket fans - not sagheads.

But anyway, what the hell am I worrying for? It won't happen, we all know that...!

Archived