IGNORED

Please Can You Settle An Argument

lincolnreds

For just one moment forget football and think about that thing they play in the summer. you know 6 and out over the neighbours garden,and all that when your in your out and when your out your in, anyway GLOUCESTERSHIRE CCCs headquaters are in the county and city of Bristol, NOT AVON NOT GLOUCESTERSHIRE WORK THAT ONE OUT? :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Not sure, but wasn't the River Avon used as a boundary at some stage? To the South, Somerset; God's very own garden, whilst to the North lay the barren inhospitable terrains of the Gas Lands, Or Lower Birmingham, as the locals prefer it to be known

Again not sure, but didn't they film one of the Mad Max movies "Thunderdome" in the Northern outbacks?

Massive Game tomorrow. Absolutely M A S S I V E

Come on BIG RED MACHINE

Gloucestershire used to be a bigger county and Bristol used to be within the boundaries.

Bristol as the city and county was not in the county of gloucestershire,for it to be (in) that county it would need to be surrounded by it ,the southern part of the city and county of Bristol was and still is bounded by part of somerset.

How historically are you going here, back to 1373 when we were given county status? On form where it says city and county i put- City and County Of Bristol

O.K. Its very name ASHTON GATE would appear to signify that the ground is situated in close proximity to one of the gates of the medieval city. close by the river. Therefore, It might even depend on where you are actually standing !

Please can you resolve a debate that I am having with my boss

Is Ashton Gate in the county of Gloucestershire?

Since Bristol has been a City and County in its own right, and has been for several hundred years - except when it was swallowed by the doomed Avon County - then it's safe to say that Ashton Gate has NEVER been in Gloucestershire, but always in Bristol (the county), except for a few years when it was in Avon.

Besides, the traditional common border between Somerset and Gloucestershire is the River Avon, and since the Gate is south of the river, it is closer to Somerset than Gloucestershire.

Bristol as the city and county was not in the county of gloucestershire,for it to be (in) that county it would need to be surrounded by it ,the southern part of the city and county of Bristol was and still is bounded by part of somerset.

Okay - thank for the information.

I just thought when I was a kid and looking at my dad's old maps of the county of Gloucestershire that Bristol was within it's boundaries.

Archived