IGNORED

Huge Week ....

The Chaplain

Stating the obvious i know, every week is now, but quite apart from what we do against Wolves, by next tuesday all the games in had of the other will have been played and we'll be on a level playing field for the first time in a while ...

Mon - Stoke v Palace

Tues - B/pol v wba

Weds - watford v barnsley

Sat - Coventry v Stoke, hull v QPR, wba v watford

Tue - barnsley v hull, wolves v wba

what price we'll be higher than 4th by the time we play sat? or in the top 2 after tuesday week?

Forget everybody else, in terms of Bristol city THE most important game of our season is Saturday....assuming the others win their home games then automatic promotion is lost.The last playoff place is occupied by Wolves if they win their game in hand they will have 64 points. If we lose Saturday then wolves will be 3 points behind and we will be fighting to stay in the playoff zone with stoke, and Sheff utd to play away! If we win then the playoffs are virtually guaranteed and we put pressure back on the top. Saturday is quite simply the most important game for 28 years.

Stating the obvious i know, every week is now, but quite apart from what we do against Wolves, by next tuesday all the games in had of the other will have been played and we'll be on a level playing field for the first time in a while ...

Mon - Stoke v Palace

Tues - B/pol v wba

Weds - watford v barnsley

Sat - Coventry v Stoke, hull v QPR, wba v watford

Tue - barnsley v hull, wolves v wba

what price we'll be higher than 4th by the time we play sat? or in the top 2 after tuesday week?

How about if everyone puts a tenner on Stoke, WBA, Watford, Stoke again, Hull x2 and WBA

Surely then in the WORST scenario we'd wipe the floor with the bookies?

How about a tenner on each game for Stoke WBA Hull or Watford to win each one

I think at best we can hope for is a draw tonight, think West Brom will beat Blackpool and also Watford will beat Barnsley.

Then we MUST win Saturday and hope Cov can beat Stoke and West brom and Watford draw.

Then can see Wolves beating west brom at there place!!

BUT even if all that happens for us, there is still HULL who i think will keep winning.......

I think at best we can hope for is a draw tonight, think West Brom will beat Blackpool and also Watford will beat Barnsley.

Then we MUST win Saturday and hope Cov can beat Stoke and West brom and Watford draw.

BUT even if all that happens for us, there is still HULL who i think will keep winning.......

If all of that happens, and it seems a fair enough shout though i reckon palace have a better chance of beating Stoke than Cov do, we'd be 3rd - trailing Hull and behind Stoke on gd, still a point ahead of watford and 2 clear of wba. I'd take that right now..

I also agree that ultimately we need to concentrate on ourselves, after all in reality thats all we can do, but, it is also true that it is the other results that have kept us in it at all over the last month ...

How about if everyone puts a tenner on Stoke, WBA, Watford, Stoke again, Hull x2 and WBA

I'm often tempted to d something similar, just to soften the blow if, as I'm always fearing, the worst comes to the worst, but, not being a betting man and all....

I cant, which is a shame for months ive been really really positive but saturday sucked it all out of me, every little drop.

Same as mate, really thought Saturday was going to be the day we would all look back on a say! "That was the day" ie Crewe/Donny last season....

I'm often tempted to d something similar, just to soften the blow if, as I'm always fearing, the worst comes to the worst, but, not being a betting man and all....

My way of thinking is, i very rarely win a bet, so if i bet on the results i don't want, there'll be even less chance of winning.

As i get paid just before the sheff utd match if were still up there I'm so tempted to put a lot on them to beat us, its worth losing the money to see city go up!

Remember doing it against Rotherham, £20 on them to win and £20 on the draw. Up to the prem is a lot more rewarding!!

But can you honestly hand on heart see you beating Wolves??? Because i cant :(

True enough, still less Sotke and Sheffield Utd ..... I've just watched GJ's interview though and that's cheered me up a bit, he referred back to the Gillingham and Millwall games last year. i was at both of them and we were terrible, but we still beat Carlisle and Rotherham to go up, he rightly says that performances can change massively on a game by game basis, esp at this time of year, so i still have hope......

But their manager has just had the dreaded manager of the month curse... :whistle2:

lost yr money already, heres to B/pool for making it a double ...

Archived