IGNORED

The Come On Blackpool And Barnsley Thread (merged)

Guest zider_head

I smirked when I saw West Brom a goal down at half time... but I also expected them to come back with the 3 points by final whistle.

Having just seen they won 1-3, I felt a tinge of dissapointment but not hugely bothered.

Why? Realistically, I can not see us winning the championship. I think we are in a 4 way battle for second along with Stoke, Watford and Hull. So it was as nothing game for us.

Well almost nothing. The Baggies win may help us... should give them some confidence for there game vs Watford.

i cant see watford losing they havent lost at home for 6 games now barnsley have only won 1 away game this season so fot me its a watford win or a draw cant keep dropping to second might take the pressure away if we can get back on form and don't finish in the top to we have much of a chance of winning the play offs as the others

I smirked when I saw West Brom a goal down at half time... but I also expected them to come back with the 3 points by final whistle.

Having just seen they won 1-3, I felt a tinge of dissapointment but not hugely bothered.

Why? Realistically, I can not see us winning the championship. I think we are in a 4 way battle for second along with Stoke, Watford and Hull. So it was as nothing game for us.

Well almost nothing. The Baggies win may help us... should give them some confidence for there game vs Watford.

Let's just hope WBA go on to win all of their games, to take points away from the other teams. 7 points from last 4 should be enough to secure auto promotion.

We just have to win Saturday. That will put us back on top of the table (whatever the result tomorrow with Watford). It will mean that then if Watford and WBA draw we will have nosed ahead and if one of them draws we will be in second...with just three to go! With WBA facing Wolves away as their game in hand it will be big pressure for them. I personally think WBA have been the best team all season and will probably win the league....but don't bank on it...it is wide open.

Got to be hoping West Brom beat Watford on Saturday now I think...we'll have to settle for 2nd :fingerscrossed:

Looking like it now. Will definitely be cheering on West Brom on Saturday, especially if Barnsley take points off Watford tomorrow.

As awful as West Brom sounded tonight, they'll likely go on to win the league now.

Just seen the WBA highlights. It was never a pen. Disgraceful.

desperate time call for desperate measures..... i think they would have scored eventually with all that pressure and possession they had.

We need to concentrate on winning all the games we have now and if other teams around us drop points then that is a bonus as its to late to ask favors from other teams.

it was in our hands and we never performed when we needed to!!

Let's just hope WBA go on to win all of their games, to take points away from the other teams. 7 points from last 4 should be enough to secure auto promotion.

Don't think 7 points will be enough, at least 9 will be needed. I can see Hull winning there next 3 and at least a draw in their last 2 against Palace and Ipswich. I think the only way we will gain auto is to win ALL our remaining games! :noexpression:

Nevermind 3-1, still in our own hands.

Um....no.....we could win our last four games and still miss out...."In our own hands" is something that it most certainly isn't... well...automatic anyway... Can anyone seriously see us outscoring our opponents in the play-offs - whoever they may be?

Having said that though...who gives a shite....? What an unbelievable season... I was hoping we'd still have something to play for at this stage of the season back in July...though I was thinking it would be that we may still be in with a fighting chance of getting out of trouble at the foot of the table, not the other way round! :englandsmile4wf:

Would have been nice to see 3 anytime :noexpression:

In their last 2 games West Brom scored 2 in the last minute to beat Colchester and 3 in the last 9 minutes last night.

In our last 630 minutes of football we've managed to score as many as they managed in their last 91.

Um....no.....we could win our last four games and still miss out...."In our own hands" is something that it most certainly isn't... well...automatic anyway... Can anyone seriously see us outscoring our opponents in the play-offs - whoever they may be?

Having said that though...who gives a shite....? What an unbelievable season... I was hoping we'd still have something to play for at this stage of the season back in July...though I was thinking it would be that we may still be in with a fighting chance of getting out of trouble at the foot of the table, not the other way round! :englandsmile4wf:

Take heart!

You can win the playoffs by scoring just two goals over the three games (and if you score away, you can even concede a goal too as long as thats at their ground as well) :D

Archived