IGNORED

City Charged

bartolona

Nibor. In your good wisdom, what is the likely outcome should the club end up being the guilty party?

Heavy fine, points reduction etc etc.

I think if we're found guilty, which I doubt we will be because even if we are how can they prove we knew it was a sham, the most we'll get is fine the size of the fee we paid.

Just had a call from my Dad who works at Airbus. It's already started there with Gas heads telling him were going to be deducted 10 points. Where do they come up with this sh*t?

ziul

Yep, had that here from a Gashead at work when I came back from lunch. He was in my ear harping on about how we're cheats and match-fixers but I swiftly told him he's a 'fat, stinky, one-toothed liar' for saying we're having points deducted and he soon piped down.

From what I've read in to this, I can't see how we can be found guilty if we were negotiating with this supposedly legit agent five months before charges were brought against him?

knowing the FA though, it's been nearly 2 years since it happened and however long to charge us with any potential wrongdoings.

It's still going to be another few months or until it actually goes to court anyway.

the only thing they can do is fine us.

http://www.thisisbristol.com/displayNode.j...;pNodeId=144930

If found guilty, the club could face a substantial fine or even a transfer embargo. They will not face a points deduction.

Whilst I wouldnt say the same about some clubs, I don't think there is anyway SL would sanction a deal where he knew that there were significant rule breaches going on. I wonder how they could prove that City paid the agents fee and knew there was a back-hander going on. The only way that could be proved is presumably if City wrote 2 cheques, one to the agent, and one to A N other, or the agent who is dodgier than a 3 week old vindaloo testifying against us in court.

A transfer embargo wouldnt be a problem anyway, as we are giving the existing squad a chance of messing up the promotion push. It might stop getting rid of players, like Enoch though - OH MY GOD!

Si.

If there is no "smoking gun" that links us to knowing that this chap was unlicensed and paying Collymore with that knowledge then I can't see any problem.

And personally, I can't believe that SL would ever do anything that broke the rules. Or actually have anything in writing to that effect.

Something slightly shady happening in a transfer deal? You will be telling me they used to fix the attendance in the 80's next :whistle:

In all seriousness, I don't believe that SL or GJ for that matter would knowingly do something underhand, that might cause harm to the club in anyway.

You also have to think would either GJ or Sl put the club at risk for someone of Showumni's ability?

He isnt exactly Messi is he?

Hopefully the FA will take that into account ;)

Guest MaloneFM

Hang on...Enoch who?

Sheffield Wednesdays Enoch Showumni probably. Look have a gander around the dressing room at the Gate and if anyone answers to that name then its a fair cop.

If the BBC documentary is anything to go by, if anything has been amiss, then the Club have been duped, unknowingly.

There must nowadays be so much documentation involved all going through the FA, surely anything odd would have been picked up.

No way would SL/GJ/CS sanction anything untoward............especially with a Player of Showaddywaddy's ability.

If the BBC documentary is anything to go by, if anything has been amiss, then the Club have been duped, unknowingly.

There must nowadays be so much documentation involved all going through the FA, surely anything odd would have been picked up.

No way would SL/GJ/CS sanction anything untoward............especially with a Player of Showaddywaddy's ability.

Of course the FA will see that the club was duped. We were led to believe that what we were getting was a big, tall, strong, fast, striker who would put himself about using his hieght, weight strength and power and score goals regularly.

What we actually got was Enoch!

Andy Stockhausen's back page article 'CITY ROCKED BY FA CHARGE' in today's EP, thankfully features the following paragraph:

"If found guilty, the club could face a substantial fine or even a transfer embargo. They will not face a points deduction."

Andy Stockhausen's back page article 'CITY ROCKED BY FA CHARGE' in today's EP, thankfully features the following paragraph:

"If found guilty the club could face a substantial fine or a transfer embargo. They will not face a points deduction."

Would a transfer embargo mean that we couldn't then sell Enoch?

That would be poetic justice.

Is Collymore the guy who featured heavily in that documentary/expose on telly a while back??

Might have missed it but have any other clubs being charged in respect to the evidence from that programme?? Or are we just the first of a load more charges to be brought by FA?? In which case we may be made an example of or set a precedent for those to follow ....

Archived