IGNORED

City Linked With Earnie

One Team

I've not seen this elsewhere on the forum so apologies if it is:

This mornings Daily Mirror reports that we'll be signing Rob Earnshaw IF we get promotion to the Premier League.

Apparantly Palace are currently interested now Derby are down but we've been in contact and Earnie will move to us if we go up.

Thoughts?

One Team

I would rather have Freddy Eastwood. He isn't getting a game at Wolves as they buy more strikers than the Royal Mail, I think he could hold his own in the Premier League.

Earnie is on his way out & why would we want to buy relegated players with a relegation club's attitude??

Earnshaw would be a very good signing IMO.

Stats in the Championship - league only:

Club - Appearances(subs) goals

Norwich - 41 (4) 27

Cardiff - 48(2) 22

Goals per start - 0.55

In the Prem:

Derby - 6(13) 0

West Brom - 22 (21) 12

Goals per start: 0.42

Seems to indicate he's a top goalscorer at any level, particularly when he has a run in the side.

The guy works his ass off and scores goals... In either league he'd be an excellent buy. You could certainly make arguments about him being a player with something to prove and the ability to prove it. That's a "Johnson player" for me.

Nugent..well lets be honest, look at his championship record, it's not great... Can see him being Jeffers mkII

Doesn't he get relegated with every Premier League team he plays for?

For norwich he scored 17 goals, which shows he can score goals, and he's hardly been given a chance to play for derby - only 6 appearances!

I'd like to see us go for David Healy as Fulham are clearly coming back down!

I know he hasn't done much for them in the Premier League this season, but this is a man who has proved it at the highest level, on the international stage, and is clearly one of the top British strikers around at the moment.

The bloke is an absolute quality finisher with fantastic pace, and maybe the Ivan link-up might help him sign...?!

It's strange that he hasn't done it at Fulham this season, but they've been consistently bad and haven't created much, plus he hasn't had a significant run-out, because Sanchez, then Hodgson, have kept on changing it.

I'd like to see us go for David Healy as Fulham are clearly coming back down!

I know he hasn't done much for them in the Premier League this season, but this is a man who has proved it at the highest level, on the international stage, and is clearly one of the top British strikers around at the moment.

The bloke is an absolute quality finisher with fantastic pace, and maybe the Ivan link-up might help him sign...?!

It's strange that he hasn't done it at Fulham this season, but they've been consistently bad and haven't created much, plus he hasn't had a significant run-out, because Sanchez, then Hodgson, have kept on changing it.

I agree, he would be quality, but i think he was asked about joining City (posted in another thread), and he just laughed - although IF we got promoted his attitude might change.

You've got to be joking about Healy. He's good when he plays for his country, but at club level he's never really produced the goods consistently.

No, he hasn't at the top level - yet. But he's only had one season in the Premier League and I believe if he was given a chance to play consistently in a good team, that was creating chances and playing to his strengths, unlike Fulham, I think he'd do well. Far better than Earnshaw, anyway, who's had several years at the top now and never produced anything.

Mind you, if Healy laughed at the prospect of joining us, he can just **** off! :tongue:

What about James Beattie?

Proven goal scorer in the prem. Wouldn't imagine he would be cheap though. (Or fancy coming to us)

Never did it at Everton, though, did he? And I can't see him leaving Sheffield United, either.

I'd still like to see us sign a striker with pace, someone good in the box, a poacher - someone like Leroy Lita. But without the attitude.

Michael Owen, anyone?!

Is he Somalian? Certainly looks it!

Not for me thanks regardless of what league we're in.

The poor mans Ronaldo/Ronaldino, I've heard they all share the same dentist. I also heard he will be off to Forest if they get promoted and they're welcome to him. No ex-bluebirds thanks.

Archived