IGNORED

City Linked With Earnie

One Team

Never did it at Everton, though, did he? And I can't see him leaving Sheffield United, either.

I'd still like to see us sign a striker with pace, someone good in the box, a poacher - someone like Leroy Lita. But without the attitude.

Michael Owen, anyone?!

I though Beattie did quite well for Everton. Particularly in 05/06

What about James Beattie?

Proven goal scorer in the prem. Wouldn't imagine he would be cheap though. (Or fancy coming to us)

Good shout i was thinking that. look at the form he is in, i think he knows this will be the chance hes llooking for to get back to the prem. If he sorted his problems out he would be my best bet on his day he is top quality.

As for rob enrshaw this is the second time hes been at Prem club first with WBA where he couldnt get a game under BR and now Derby where he also struggles to get a game. Why??? I think he would be able to cut it at that level based on what he did at Norwich and that other place. So you have to ask is there an underlying attitude problem or doesnt like training.

Either way GJ is well known for talking to team mates and former team mates about background including private life. GJ does his research so if he say hes the right man for him you would have to say that he must be confident in him.

Buying players is a statement of intent and buying the likes of Healy and or Earnshaw would scream out "we're here to make up the numbers we aren't staying!!", should we reach the Premier League.

Buying a bloke who couldn't make the 1st team in the side with the worst record in Premier League history smacks of something stronger than desperation, imho.

As for Healy, he should consider a move to Argyle, as he only scores when wearing green!!

Guest MaloneFM

Here's an idea.

Earnshaw and Lita up front. Robbie Savage in midfield.

We'd go straight down buy by christ there'd be some tremendous rows. Would make Ike and Tina Turners marriage look like an episode of The Good Life.

Archived