IGNORED

Ivan Sproule

BS3_RED

He didnt look interested 2nd half.

Countless opportunities to make runs for Brad or run with the ball himself and rarely did either.

Very poor.

I have to disagree with that, the man was a disgrace to the red shirt! He shirked, he hid, he put his hand up to come off - although not injured, at times he was walking...all what you need at this time of season. What about his long passes when he couln't be bothered to run? I have to blame GJ somewhat for not getting him off earlier..

What about playing Byfield on the RW. He's got pace and knows where the goal is and therefore adds more to the attack than either IS or BW. Ok his attempt at a cross today was more of a back pass to their goalie, but I don't remember Ivan even getting to the byline (and producing a cross or keeping the ball in). This would allow us to play SB (who was outstanding today) with either Dele or LT in the middle.

What about playing Byfield on the RW. He's got pace and knows where the goal is and therefore adds more to the attack than either IS or BW. Ok his attempt at a cross today was more of a back pass to their goalie, but I don't remember Ivan even getting to the byline (and producing a cross or keeping the ball in). This would allow us to play SB (who was outstanding today) with either Dele or LT in the middle.

or lee trundle cutting in from the left?

I kept thinking during the game that maybe the occasion had got to him? Today he didn't even look like a professional footballer - more like a headless chicken with no interest in getting into the game at all.

Quote of the day for me was a guy sat in near me in Dolman block A after Ivan yet again bottled a tackle from the (excellent) full-back:-

"Glen Humphries, Gerry Gow, Gary Shelton - if they saw that they'd be turning in their graves, if they were dead!"

Made me chuckle at least!

I have to disagree with that, the man was a disgrace to the red shirt! He shirked, he hid, he put his hand up to come off - although not injured, at times he was walking...all what you need at this time of season. What about his long passes when he couln't be bothered to run? I have to blame GJ somewhat for not getting him off earlier..

I have to agree. Sproule's performance today was the single worst City performance I have seen in a long long time. He was worse than Murray and Noble of late (and they were bad..) and just looked like he couldn't be bothered. He's not fit to wear the shirt on that showing today.

So you do agree?

:noexpression:

Correct.

Two goals & Two Assists in 40 games = SHOCKING and backing out of challenges wll shorten a City career quicker than anything else.Very disappointing and appears to have lost his confidence and his pace, not to mention stamina & trickery.

When did he ever have stamina? Marvin, Mcindoe, Skuse, Johnson have stamina, to class him with stamina is a dis-service to them..

I have to agree. Sproule's performance today was the single worst City performance I have seen in a long long time. He was worse than Murray and Noble of late (and they were bad..) and just looked like he couldn't be bothered. He's not fit to wear the shirt on that showing today.

I've heard of "over-reacting" but that is a plain stupid comment to make.

Noble against Norwich was far worse for starters, with pretty much anyone against Southampton not far behind.

Yes, Sproule had a poor game, but at times he did show some ability and good play.

Correct.

Two goals & Two Assists in 40 games = SHOCKING and backing out of challenges wll shorten a City career quicker than anything else.Very disappointing and appears to have lost his confidence and his pace, not to mention stamina & trickery.

Agree. And to a certain extent he has unfortunately lost the crowd too, we used to get excited when he had the ball and went on a run and held our breath waiting for the cross. Now more often than not he doesn't get that far. I not saying we have given up on him but what we were hoping for you get to expect that it isn't going to happen.

I'm not expecting a Ronaldo, but he should have contributed more goals and assists than he has. That goes for the rest of he midfield too, they (McIndoe, Elliott and Johnson) in the main have been more settled and had a longer run in the team than our strikers and should have helped out goalwise.

I don't really know what has unsettled Sproule but it appears to be getting worse. I think, like Wilkshire, he was maybe a better, more confident player, when he returned from International duty in the past? Last time he wasn't even called up was he?

I think he was a bit better in the 2nd half, seemed to be under instruction to get forward more and the ball seemed to be played to him. but as TomF said earlier Orr was getting more forward, and doing him for pace and stamina too.

And as far as Wilson goes, got to agree with another poster he had a damn good game for the reserves recently and it's very harsh that he finds himself not on the bench at least after being in for Orr.

I've heard of "over-reacting" but that is a plain stupid comment to make.

Noble against Norwich was far worse for starters, with pretty much anyone against Southampton not far behind.

Yes, Sproule had a poor game, but at times he did show some ability and good play.

[/quo

No, BH Red, he was far worse, he was a ***ing disgrace. How can you defend this man any more? His he an irish cousin?

h

I think he was a bit better in the 2nd half, seemed to be under instruction to get forward more and the ball seemed to be played to him. but as TomF said earlier Orr was getting more forward, and doing him for pace and stamina too.

Better in the second half? HTF do you make that out? That must have meant he played with a caravan on his back in the 1st half? How better? He is a fraud!

For what it's worth, I think Ivan has the potential to be a City great.

God knows how you work that out and we've tried him in a central role where he was even worse and got caught offside ten times a game because he's brainless with his runs.

He needs to play forward though and hang off the last defender. Just need balls knocked over the top for him to run on to.

And he can't finish either so he sounds ideal

And as far as Wilson goes, got to agree with another poster he had a damn good game for the reserves recently and it's very harsh that he finds himself not on the bench at least after being in for Orr.

If we had a half decent right winger I'd drop Orr & play Wilson at RB or if McAllister was fit, play 3-5-2 against Stoke-Sadly McAllisters injured and we don't have a decent right winger so I'd play the averages.We need players who can tackle at Stoke andthat excludes Sproule & Murray who don't want to know

Why noy bringback JMW? Gotta be better than the fraud sproule?

Could we play byfield on the right

surely he offers more than sproule and murray. He's quick, can he cross ?? - well we havent seen crosses from the right all season so lets be brave and give it a go....

plus a rb who can defend, bradley can't

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe Fontaine

Byfield elliott johnson micindoe

brooker adebola

would be my team if LJ is fit

subs

weale, skuse, carle, trundle, fontaine

??

this shouldn't be Orr... he again is full of effort, commitment etc... bit first and formost he is a poor defender and has cost us a fair few goals this year.

I don't usually comment on the players' individual performances, because I don't see enough games to be fair to player; however, I thought Orr - and it pains me to say it, as I have so much respect for him - looked a liability today. He was skinned countless times by his man.

Sprole had a very average game today, but so did most of the players on the pitch.

Does anyone else remember when wilson had a poor start against plymouth, GJ was giving him some managerial advise (wasn't happy at all during the first half), which wilson seemed he totally blank out. He was not out for the second half as a result!

IMOI city had the better of the game today, but both teams were poor, the ref first half was shocking!!

on his day he can be brilliant

2day he was far from it he looked tired. he couldnt be arsed

and showed no commitment to the team

wimped out of challenges

lacked the end product and made bradders do all the running

maybe he's having a fag with nobes :noexpression: :whistle:

I don't normally criticize our players but Ivan Sproule was awful today. Is he carrying an injury?? - because from being the fastest player in a BCFC shirt he was the slowest today.

On what I've seen of Sproule over the season as a whole I really don't understand why Wilson doesn't get a look in. He's a much better player.

Completely agree. Wilson must start ahead of Sproule, it gives us far more license to mix it up as the right is strong going forward and dropping back to cover. The same was not true yesterday if not for all Bradley Orr's running (my man of the match) to cover both duties.

Sproule had that one good goal at Ashton Gate against Southampton and one good assist against Sheffield United but has not been doing all season what he was bought for. Don't forget this was the 'fastest player in the Championship', he hasn't exactly being causing havoc.

Yesterday I felt he must be ill, was amazed he wasn't taken off earlier. He did none of the things he was bought for and you could see the confidence draining out of him. GJ is looking to pick a team with bottle, we can't afford to carry performances like that at this stage of the season.

Wilson is an honest player and ex-Stoke. He should replace Sproule without question.

Archived