IGNORED

Robins Don't Soar, Wolves Don't Roar And It's A Bore

Blagdon red

A draw was a fair result yesterday, at Molineux we played superbly 1st half and you equalised against the run of play I thought, but overall that game a draw was fair too.

City have confounded most people by staying up there, credit to you.

Sorry about the few knobs like this one. overall there has been some good fair posts on mutual websites and I wish you well lads and lasses.

Pretty accurate, although a bit harsh on Brooker who did remarkably well considering the service. I have not seen the penalty claim on TV, but let's say I was pleased to see the referee wave 'Play on' at the time. However, Jarvis had gone to ground fairly easily on a couple of occasions previously, so that might well have counted against him.

I've just watched it on World and I would say that I'd have been a bit pi$$ed off if it was against us so I reckon it's about 80/20 in favour.

Also didn't realise that Brooker cleared one off the line so he can go up to 7!

Based on the highlights and how I felt after the game, I would say that Wolves shaded the game about about 55/45, but a draw was probably a fair result.

One thing's for sure, we can & have played much better than that.

With LJ & McAllister looking like missing out next week if not for the season, I'd like to see us do this:

..........BASSO..................

ORR.....CAREY.....MCCOMBE.........FONTAINE.............

WILSON............ELLIOTT...........SKUSE..............CARLE.........MCINDOE.........

........BROOKER................

SUBS

WEALE

VASKO

BYFIELD

TRUNDLE or SPROULE

ADEBOLA

In terms of Auto, it's a must win-In terms of the play offs we probably need another two or three points maximum, based on the fact that clubs like Ipswich & Wolves have to play each other.

We know how Stoke will play and having a few big 'uns in the side & on the bench will certainly help us handle Delap's throws.

Overall, keep the ball and play our best passing game.

McIndoe, Carle & Elliott to bomb on and support Brooks.

Everyone must be 100% commited & 100% on their game.

Key players to stop, Lawrence & Fuller.

Amazingly we still have a chance and let's hope the midweek results do us a favour again. :fingerscrossed:

Pretty accurate, although a bit harsh on Brooker who did remarkably well considering the service. I have not seen the penalty claim on TV, but let's say I was pleased to see the referee wave 'Play on' at the time. However, Jarvis had gone to ground fairly easily on a couple of occasions previously, so that might well have counted against him.

The other point I'd like to make was how effective Jarvis was compared to our two wide players.

As in, he set up all their goals? A bit of consistency wouldn't go amiss.

As in he went past his full back, nearly scored, got brought down for a pen & was involved more & more as the game went on.Contrast that to McIndoe who was annonymous & Sproule who was backing out of challenges and never got to the byeline or produced a decent cross-Not for the first time either.

As in he went past his full back, nearly scored, got brought down for a pen & was involved more & more as the game went on.Contrast that to McIndoe who was annonymous & Sproule who was backing out of challenges and never got to the byeline or produced a decent cross-Not for the first time either.

I completely agree with you. I thought Jarvis had a good game but in your review you state that Brooker didn't deserve MOM because he didn't score or provide any assists. You can't have it both ways. (It wasn't a penalty, of course).

What do you think has happened to Sproule? He's never been able to cross the ball but at least, before Xmas, he had blistering pace and looked to take on his fullback. After 60 minutes on Saturday he looked absolutely whacked.

I completely agree with you. I thought Jarvis had a good game but in your review you state that Brooker didn't deserve MOM because he didn't score or provide any assists. You can't have it both ways. (It wasn't a penalty, of course).

I beg to differ about the penalty and we'd have been screaming for it-Did Brooks have a shot on target?

What do you think has happened to Sproule? He's never been able to cross the ball but at least, before Xmas, he had blistering pace and looked to take on his fullback. After 60 minutes on Saturday he looked absolutely whacked.

Lost form.Played out of position after a late start to the season, didn't help.

Lost confidence and perhaps he's just not good enough or rather, good enough consistently, because he's scored two brilliant goals.What one might call a touch of the Lee Millers from another Scottish Prem Player?

As you say, he looked like he lacked fitness & stamina and it concerned me when he shirked challenges because that'll make fans turn on him.We've had players who couldn't kick it in the right direction over the years, but as long as they tried the fans had time for them and they were at least tolerated, if not rated.

Lost form.Played out of position after a late start to the season, didn't help.

Lost confidence and perhaps he's just not good enough or rather, good enough consistently, because he's scored two brilliant goals.What one might call a touch of the Lee Millers from another Scottish Prem Player?

As you say, he looked like he lacked fitness & stamina and it concerned me when he shirked challenges because that'll make fans turn on him.We've had players who couldn't kick it in the right direction over the years, but as long as they tried the fans had time for them and they were at least tolerated, if not rated.

I thought it was a penalty but it wasn't given so you can't claim Jarvis got a penalty. :)

I suspect we all forget that this is Johnson's first year in the Championship. I wonder if next year he might start a Benitez strategy and use some rotation. Murray or Wilson should have played 5 games just before Christmas so that Sproule could get a rest. The same for Elliot and Skuse.

Many of the players look now like they are running on empty.

Archived