IGNORED

Does Gj Know His Best Team?

worthy

Does anyone else think that johnson has hit the same problem as last year, that he just doesnt know his best XI?

Full credit to where he has got us but there is no real consistansy in the teams starting line up. (apart from the back 4, which has remained solid throughout this season, which even the defence has hit problems as who to play in the centre back spots).

:goingup:

as you said can't fault johnson as a manager, would love him to stay for years to come, but at the moment we are struggling to get the balance between defence and attck in midfield, due to players out of form etc, we have immensely missed johnson since hes been injured has showed in that time what a vital component he is to our team

i think if all players were in top form he'd know his team but quite a few have dipped the last month and others given a chance haven't exactly set the world alight except brooker, was our main and maybe only threat against wolves, shame adebola wasnt brought on earlier

There is no 'best 11'.

Much depends on the form of any individual player and any one point.All players dip in and out of form.Thats why players who have a reputation for being consistant are sought after.

Take Trundle - he's shown a couple of times what he can do.Two great goals against Scunny and a fantastic display for 45 mins at Plymouth but apart from that he's struggled to impress.Thats why he can't get a start recently.But a fully flowing and consistant Trundle would be the first on the team sheet.Sadly he and other players find it impossible to do it every week.

Elliots' much the same.Before xmas he was great every game.Then his form dipped and eventually he was given a break.Yesterday he looked to be back to his old self.

There is no 'best 11'.

Much depends on the form of any individual player and any one point.All players dip in and out of form.Thats why players who have a reputation for being consistant are sought after.

Take Trundle - he's shown a couple of times what he can do.Two great goals against Scunny and a fantastic display for 45 mins at Plymouth but apart from that he's struggled to impress.Thats why he can't get a start recently.But a fully flowing and consistant Trundle would be the first on the team sheet.Sadly he and other players find it impossible to do it every week.

Elliots' much the same.Before xmas he was great every game.Then his form dipped and eventually he was given a break.Yesterday he looked to be back to his old self.

This could be the first time I have ever agreed with you. Yesterday Elliott looked refreshed from his mini break and it was good to see him play like that again.

I think in generally, he knows his best team, give or take 1/2 players....however it's the forward line that is causing the most problems, though looking at the last few games, Brooker + 1 looks to obvious best forward line, just a case of who is the other.......personally I believe most of the team to almost pick itself when fully fit.

Basso

McAllister

McCombe or Fontiane - depending on who we are playing and the sort of team they are.

Carey

Orr (though personally speaking prefer Wilson)

McIndoe

Elliott

Lee Johnson

Sproule

Brooker

1 of Byfield/Adebola/Trundle......depending on who we are playing and form.

apart from the 2 positions, I think most of the players when fully fit almost pick themselves, though as said I personally prefer Wilson to Orr.

I think in generally, he knows his best team, give or take 1/2 players....however it's the forward line that is causing the most problems, though looking at the last few games, Brooker + 1 looks to obvious best forward line, just a case of who is the other.......personally I believe most of the team to almost pick itself when fully fit.

Basso

McAllister

McCombe or Fontiane - depending on who we are playing and the sort of team they are.

Carey

Orr (though personally speaking prefer Wilson)

McIndoe

Elliott

Lee Johnson

Sproule

Brooker

1 of Byfield/Adebola/Trundle......depending on who we are playing and form.

apart from the 2 positions, I think most of the players when fully fit almost pick themselves, though as said I personally prefer Wilson to Orr.

What No Carle?????

What No Carle?????

I do like Carle alot and he has shown glimpses of his ability, but firmly believe we won't see the best of him till next season with a summer to settle into the country and a good pre-season behind him.

His best position is without doubt in central midfield, however understandably when fit, LJ is first choice at the moment.

however I have a sneaky feeling that LJ being out of contract, might be off in the summer.

Does anyone else think that johnson has hit the same problem as last year, that he just doesnt know his best XI?

Full credit to where he has got us but there is no real consistansy in the teams starting line up. (apart from the back 4, which has remained solid throughout this season, which even the defence has hit problems as who to play in the centre back spots).

Possibly been the problem in defence for a long while and up front most of the season . Injuries determined Careys absence at the back where some inconsistancy that was'nt capitalised on and poor finishing by opposing strikers has possibly helped us at times .

Where do we go on Saturday ??

Is it two up front and look to be attacking or do we keep it tight and hope not to concede early doors .

Stoke will possibly look to take the game to us from the start and hope to win it in the first half as I don't think they will be to worried about our striking prowess on our recent form .

Can we do a Sheff . Wednesday and sneak a goal and hold on for dear life ??

Could be now or never as a win for either will nearly seal the Premier League place if other results go for us again this week .

Come on City lets pull out another Watford away performance . :goingup:

Gary Johnson's best team selection starts with his son in midfield. No coincidence that since Lee Johnson has been injured we're slipping up.

Archived