IGNORED

Summer

leadman

based on current form you understand.

after all, if you cant score a goal you cant win a game.

trundle mm, shame but just aint cut it as he, 4 goals for 1.3 million is not a good return, swans might buy him back , still a decent loss of money though.

byfield, in and out the 16 like a yo yo, seems that gj aint too sure of him, hes gone aswell.

adebola, the only striker who might just might get you a goal, staying.

enoch, gone.

vasko, still got it to offer but any mistake hes binned for a few weeks, will go back but i hope he stays.

brooker, staying, still don't know yet but might just cut it.

sproule, can do it but realy has had some stinkers since xmas, will stay but must do better.

mcoombe, good one game awfull the next, but staying.

ones who could be poached.

orr, basso, elliott, mcindoe.

so i rekon, brooks and adebola will be up top, 2 strikers needed

right midfielder required

centre half required

but.

its city I'm talking about, expect the worst but never right em off.

we could have 30 million to spend(terrible statement when your current squad is pushing for promotion)

i wasnt expecting anything from the telly game at watford, I'm not expecting anything from stoke, but you never know.

at first it was a bit interesting to see what people think are going to stay yet now it's every other thread, when the season not even finished and I know it's forum all can say what we like etc.. but come lets get behind them even if you don't want them to stay.

I'd be looking at targeting the following personally:

Halmosi (Plymouth), Maynard (Crewe), Webber (Sheff Utd), Quashie (West Ham), Croft (Norwich) or Cotterill (Wigan), Davenport (West Ham)...

Just a few names to throw into the hat. Discuss.

For me you can put him in the poached list, we've heard murmurs a few times this year about teams eyeing him up.

I think you might be right there. Plus he gets the most stick from fans. Personally I think hes the one player weve missed these past few games, but thats another matter. Just hope he stays with us :)

bobby hassel at barnsley, theyv had a lot of coverage lately and from what iv seen he has a lot of talent, worth a gamble

NOT EARNSHAW

i think its more a case of keeping our best players like basso and marvin if we don't go up, but if we do then strengthening is clearly a must, we need group of guys like what weve got atm, not the best footballers in the division but the effort is always there, id love to see bullard in a city shirt though because he is a wonderful little player

What about Lisbie of Colchester?

Good Shout, I was also thinking he would be worth looking at. I read the other day that he wasnt looking for a move (even though Colchester have been relegated) but then again thats what most players say, i reckon he would jump at the chance to come here!

Halmosi (Plymouth), Maynard (Crewe), Webber (Sheff Utd), Quashie (West Ham), Croft (Norwich) or Cotterill (Wigan), Davenport (West Ham)...

Halmosi is Premier League bound I'd say.

Also I've heard Howard from Barnsley mentioned a few times, although he is probably also destined for the Premier League.

Sodje (Reading), Elliot (Burnley, Out of contract, fantastic winger), Lisbie (Colchester), Marcus Williams (S****horpe, out of contract), Earnshaw (Derby).

ones who could be poached.

orr, basso, Elliott, mcindoe.

Are you mental?

I've got all the respect in the world for him, he gives 100% every game, and I'd definitely would want him in the squad next year, but to be honest, he's just not very good. He's not quick, he's not agile, he's not particularly good in the air and he's not a good crosser of the ball either. But the main problem is that when he's 1v1 against his winger he gets beaten again and agian and again (as was particularly obvious on Saturday and against West Brom away). If we go up he'd be among the first people I would look to replace, as although he's very good at anticipating passes, in the Premier league he wouldn't get a chance and we would need a right back who can cope against some of the best players in the world. AKA Orr vs Ronaldo is a slight miss-math in my book.

If we go up We'll probably go for (in priority):

A quality right winger

A new right back

A striker with Premier League potential

A Central defender who is quick

Cover in centre midfield for Lee Johnson

That would probably take up £30 mil

If we stay down, I'd take a new attacking midfielder as well as a right winger and a right back who can both cross. Then we should do everything to keep hold of Marvin and both Johnsons but If a premier-league club comes in for any of our players, the money could be so great that we don't have a choice :(

It would be interesting to see what Cotterill is capable of these days. He is a talented player but he hasn't exactly set the world alight since leaving us.

Are you mental?

I've got all the respect in the world for him, he gives 100% every game, and I'd definitely would want him in the squad next year, but to be honest, he's just not very good. He's not quick, he's not agile, he's not particularly good in the air and he's not a good crosser of the ball either. But the main problem is that when he's 1v1 against his winger he gets beaten again and agian and again (as was particularly obvious on Saturday and against West Brom away). If we go up he'd be among the first people I would look to replace, as although he's very good at anticipating passes, in the Premier league he wouldn't get a chance and we would need a right back who can cope against some of the best players in the world. AKA Orr vs Ronaldo is a slight miss-math in my book.

A quality right winger

A new right back

That would probably take up £30 mil

If we stay down, I'd take a new attacking midfielder as well as a right winger and a right back who can both cross. Then we should do everything to keep hold of Marvin and both Johnsons but If a premier-league club comes in for any of our players, the money could be so great that we don't have a choice :(

Orr has being having a mare of a time since he came back from suspension (think it was about 10 games ago?) - but prior to that he was doing well wasn't he? Your comment about his performance against WB (which I didnt see) suggests you don't think so!

A quality right winger

A new right back

No!!

If we are to bring players in

They have to be better than what we all ready have

No point what so ever buying somebody for cover

It would be interesting to see what Cotterill is capable of these days. He is a talented player but he hasn't exactly set the world alight since leaving us.

Apparently, according to bbc ceefax, Cotterill has been told he is surplus to requirements at Wigan and will be signing permanently for Sheff U in the summer.

Archived