IGNORED

Very Proud !

LoyalRed

ok,we lost but just look how far we have come in such a short space of time. Gary j is the best manager we have ever had in my time as a supporter and the whole team did well tonight. Let's hope we can perform like we did in the 2nd half in the playoffs. Those Stoke fans were worried.

ok,we lost but just look how far we have come in such a short space of time. Gary j is the best manager we have ever had in my time as a supporter and the whole team did well tonight. Let's hope we can perform like we did in the 2nd half in the playoffs. Those Stoke fans were worried.

:chant6ez: sense at last.

I agree with what you say except to say that GJ got it wrong first half tonight in his team selection. I will probably get criticised for saying so but GJ is not beyond constructive criticism and I personally felt his initial team selection was negative and handed the game to Stoke on a silver plate.

I agree with what you say except to say that GJ got it wrong first half tonight in his team selection. I will probably get criticised for saying so but GJ is not beyond constructive criticism and I personally felt his initial team selection was negative and handed the game to Stoke on a silver plate.

We played much better with a more attack minded side. We were bloody awful in the first half and lucky it was only 2 - 0 at half time.. First half we let Stoke attack us, 2nd half we went at them and almost got something out of the game..

And the game that you were watchig was?

Sad to say that the whole team didn't do well at all, and espicially in the first half. It's a tough mind set at the moment, on the one hand gutted that we wont be going up without play-offs and then maybe not. But on the other hand "what a season". I would have been happy to stay up! Adebola, I thought was outstanding but had to do far too much of the mid-field work. Hate to say it because I hate Stoke but they played much better than us. I now hope that we can pull a win out of our last two games, anything less could mean that the dream is over!

I just think his options are limited.

Carle, Sproule, Wilson and even Macindoe have gone off form at the wrong time, Byfield seems to have lost it too, (I would hazard thats his last chance this season.)at the time of the loan window more players were playing OK, and GJ probably felt there was no need to have people making up the numbers, but the lads are looking a little jaded (understandably since we've performed absolutely wonderfully for 90% of the season) and there's not a lot available to Gary.

who else is there? Murray isn't the answer although he'd have posed more threat than Wilson today.

Noble is only good in fits and starts, lacks consistency and boy have we missed Lee Johnson. and for all his magic Trundle is too fancy when he needs to be going for goal much more. Brooker looked good in the recent games, lets hope he and Lee J come back fully fit in time for the end of things.

it still isn't over yet, although we need points whatever.

oh FFS. I remember saying to my mate on the phone after the Sheffield Wednesday away game that i would happily take losing in the play off final as it will mean we have more than established ourselfs as a Championship outfit and i stand by that. So what, we wont go up automatic, like i give a ###### After spending 9 years in league 1 i couldnt care if we spent 100Years in the Championship. Anyone who thinks different needs a wake up call. Yes we have thrown it away a bit but i really couldnt care less.

oh FFS. I remember saying to my mate on the phone after the Sheffield Wednesday away game that i would happily take losing in the play off final as it will mean we have more than established ourselfs as a Championship outfit and i stand by that. So what, we wont go up automatic, like i give a ###### After spending 9 years in league 1 i couldnt care if we spent 100Years in the Championship. Anyone who thinks different needs a wake up call. Yes we have thrown it away a bit but i really couldnt care less.

I don't think many people are complaining really although there is an unfortunate reality hitting home that teams appear to have sussed us out at present. We cannot afford to START next season like we have finished this one otherwise we are in for a tough ride. I just hope that we reinforce the squad significantly next season even if we do end up in the Championship as I believe the current squad would not repeat the achievements of this season.

We were poor, deserved to lose and if I were a Stoke fan wouldn't have been too worried by the two chances we created against ?? Also against?? many.Have to say that if we're going to moan about Stoke and their route one football we've gotta be a little careful of our hypocrisy here. Appears over achievement will be the summation of our season.

i would happily take losing in the play off final

Seriously ? You can't mean that. We are not positioned where we are by accident, our recent form isn't so good but we are still here because we have had a good overall season, so why not want better? Yes we will consolidate in this league and if we don't gp up then that will be good for next season. But, if honest I think that most City fans will be a bit dissapointed tonight. Hopes turned into dreams for a while.

Dare we still "believe"???

I would agree...... the 2nd division will be far better we might win more & do better..... but have we had a better chance in all those years to get back to the 1st Division & make some serious money (even if it turned out to be straight back down with for us a massive chute payment)

It can't be taken away...... we really have had an amazing season....... way beyond what we might have considered

Never the less we always expect so much more we are BRISTOL CITY FC!

UP THE CITY!

Seriously ? You can't mean that. We are not positioned where we are by accident, our recent form isn't so good but we are still here because we have had a good overall season, so why not want better? Yes we will consolidate in this league and if we don't gp up then that will be good for next season. But, if honest I think that most City fans will be a bit dissapointed tonight. Hopes turned into dreams for a while.

Dare we still "believe"???

Well just let's hope we don't consolidate quite as well as Colchester have. Take it when it's offered to you, may only happen once.

i'm as gutted as the next person that we lost tonight but in the summer i would have taken 52 points and safetey. The trick is to see the season from last summer's perspective and i am. Yes i am gutted that we wont go up in the top two but at the same time i am happy that i will not be watching league 1 football next season and no i don't want to lose in the play off final but back in September i would have bitten your game off for it, which is how i am looking at the season ( from an summer respective).

i'm as gutted as the next person that we lost tonight but in the summer i would have taken 52 points and safetey. The trick is to see the season from last summer's perspective and i am. Yes i am gutted that we wont go up in the top two but at the same time i am happy that i will not be watching league 1 football next season and no i don't want to lose in the play off final but back in September i would have bitten your game off for it, which is how i am looking at the season ( from an summer respective).

Well now I agree with you. going to drink a shed load more cider now :(

At the end of the season I will feel the same - whatever happens we can be proud of everybody connected with our club both on and off the pitch but today we had the chance to go second with two games to go. We have won 1 in 9 (last seconds winner against Norwich) so this evening it's fair to be hacked off. I would be horrified if GJ and the players were saying "we lost 2-1 but six months ago we would have settled for the Play-Offs".

The second half performance has given us a bit of hope.

No I disagree........... if we had played both halves like we did the second then.......

And I do not believe that we will go up via the pray-offs...... sadly

then.....what ifs..........play offs it may well be...then who knows ,maybe, maybe not; no-one knows; no-one knew we would be in this position a year ago; and no-one knows where we will be this time next season.

We have played some decent ex prem teams recently and have no god given right to beat them all; we made a fight of it in the second half today but it wasnt enough; move on shall we or shall we remember the play off defeat by Brighton or humilation at Swansea etc;

We played much better with a more attack minded side. We were bloody awful in the first half and lucky it was only 2 - 0 at half time.. First half we let Stoke attack us, 2nd half we went at them and almost got something out of the game..

why were we lucky to be only 2 down , we were poor yes but don't make things sound worse than they were , u tell me any other chances stoke had in the first half NONE they had 2 scored 2 i know we were shite first half but like i said don't make things sound worse than they were

I don't think many people are complaining really although there is an unfortunate reality hitting home that teams appear to have sussed us out at present. We cannot afford to START next season like we have finished this one otherwise we are in for a tough ride. I just hope that we reinforce the squad significantly next season even if we do end up in the Championship as I believe the current squad would not repeat the achievements of this season.

I agree with that and we must at all costs get rid of the deadwood ( and that includes some fan favs) and bring in real Championship level quality players.

Archived