IGNORED

Trunds, Alone & Looking Very Dejected -

kmpowell

Trundle played about 12 games back to back towards the beginning of the season yielding that double against Swansea, he sat on the bench for a bit before scoring against Norwich in that 3-1 win, then in between starts and sub appearances he only managed one more goal (losing penalty against Plymouth after coming on as a sub). He has had a chance to prove himself but i agree recently he has been in and out of the team.

What your suggesting is 4-4-2 which as much as i would love to see it we don't have the midfield strength to be effective with that formation, against Stoke it worked in the 2nd half but we were away from home , stoke were already 2-0 up and we had nothing to lose ...and really could have conceded another goal (McCalistar incidenct) on the break.

SOmebody previously said name a better striker than Trundle at the club...well SHowumni has played less games and got more goals, Byfield has probably played less games and got double the amount of goals, Brooker has played about 4 matches (sub and starting combined and got one goal, Adebola has played less games and got more goals!

I feel as though I'm having a pop at Trundle which i really aint trying to do, I'm just tryin to stick up for the other strikers more than anything!

Byfield better the trundle? Not for me fellow, i don't care if he's scored twice the amount he's had chances and he just doesn't do anythin, ie that cross by adebola.... Byfield is a "fox in the box" type of player apprantley then why didn't he get on the end of a decent ball by Big Dele?

We have different types of strikers at this club but trundle got a run at the start i know, but was that next to a target man?? You can't go from scoring 20+ a season to not scoring at all, you need to play to strikers strengths which we are not doing with Trunds, who done well AGAIN vs stoke.

I was on a stag do in Liverpool this weekend, and bumped in to Trunds in a club up there - whoever suggested he might have been heading back up there after the game was spot on.

He was surrounded by quite incredible looking women - all bleached blonde hair and fake tan. I loved it! Had a quick chat with him and just by me mentioning the game he got very very angry. Apologised to me personally for the team losing. Came across as someone who cares as much as I do, which is all I think any fan can ask for. Nice chap i think.

I think its only due to our poor recent form that people are so keen to see Trundle in the team. However , it must be remmebered he has played in this bad run.

Byfield i agree isnt immense, but scored twice as many goals.

Trundle puts in 100% and continues to do so.

AS for someone stating he could score the winning play off goal, i said about 10 games ago "i think Trundle can produce some magic in last ten games" stil waiting for it

He looked dangerous when he came on.

More so than Sproule recently.

I'd stick him somewhere, even on the wing for the final 2 games because you never know what he can create.

Not a bad shout, with the right side of midfield being poor lately, and a play-off place pretty much certain, maybe we can afford to experiment. Can't do any harm and he has to be better than Sproule...

I was on a stag do in Liverpool this weekend, and bumped in to Trunds in a club up there - whoever suggested he might have been heading back up there after the game was spot on.

He was surrounded by quite incredible looking women - all bleached blonde hair and fake tan. I loved it! Had a quick chat with him and just by me mentioning the game he got very very angry. Apologised to me personally for the team losing. Came across as someone who cares as much as I do, which is all I think any fan can ask for. Nice chap i think.

Well said, he is a nice guy, went and watched the reserves last week and after the game lee had all the time in the world for the kids, no edge, i really hope he can get it together on the pitch, he,s got my vote

Potentially, the most exciting player at AG since Dziekanowski - I hope we keep him and use him

Absolutely spot on Hamski, I love the bloke, in my opinion I really don't think the guy has had a REAL chance to settle, yeah he played the first 12 games, but tell me who he had playing alongside him, surely when you pay that kind of money for a player, you know what makes him tick, after the first 12 or so games he has either been sub, or dropped, then brought back in again, how is the guy going to feel happy playing his football, if he thinks that is going to happen every time, we really should be utilising his skills and talents, we all know what he can do.

I really hope GJ plays him for the next two league games, and keeps him in the side for the playoffs and the Final :fingerscrossed:

Name a better striker at the club.... Adebola-more goals, less games, better all round game, big, storng, does simple things correctly, puts 100% in (same as Trundle to be fair).

One thing i will say about Trundle is that he always puts in 100% , i will always support him, all I'm saying is that he hasnt justified his price tag

Dele has done his job, granted, but to be honest, I think his signing is actually what has scuppered our auto promotion hopes. Since he came to the club we stopped playing football and started resorting to the "we've got a big man up front, so we'd better lump it up to him" mentality. Not his fault, I know, but there's a part of me that wishes he'd never come to the club for that reason. Or maybe rather, i wish we hadn't altered our style in the belief that we were accommodating him.

Which again must be hard on Trunds. We don't adapt our game to play to his strengths, but we do as soon as Dele arrives.

As I said, Dele has done his job, but I honestly believe that this is where we missed out on auto...well...that combined with the loss of LJ.

Hes a confidence player and when on form probably our best striker, need to play him every game becuase in a play off final he will score - hes that type of player, but like i say he need a goal or an arm around him.

I'm not convinced that at this level he is "that type of player"

Two games against cardiff would have been perfect stage for him. Cup games he hasnt scored in.

His goals have come against 2nd from bottom Scunny, lowly Norwich and a pen against Plymouth.

What possible evidence do u have to back up your opinion that he is the type of player who will score in a play off final or "Big game" at this level.

I really don't understand why fans don't appreciate Dele more, for me he is one of our better players! One of the few through this bad run of late that continues to do things right, simply lacks support around him (fair enuf Trundle lacks the same support) but Dele still causes an immense amount of problems, My guess is tht if Trundle starts this weekend he wont score. However i will be delighted to be proved wrong

I really don't understand why fans don't appreciate Dele more, for me he is one of our better players! One of the few through this bad run of late that continues to do things right, simply lacks support around him (fair enuf Trundle lacks the same support) but Dele still causes an immense amount of problems, My guess is tht if Trundle starts this weekend he wont score. However i will be delighted to be proved wrong

the problem with dele is that he is your typical lower league player, with the ball at his feet he barely does anything but hold the ball up and lay it off, he doesn't create anything and the vast majority of his goals come from his head,

one of the reason dele has done well is because we have played to his strengths, most people have said that since we signed him we have plated alot more long ball football.

the fact is in Trundle's time here, started ONCE alongside a natrual targetman at cardiff and then both were promptly dropped for the next game.

at the start of the season, EVERYONE expected the front line to be Brooker and Trundle.......we still haven't seen it and I still feel it's our could be our partnership IF WE ACTUALLY PLAY IT

Funny cos hes played on the wing in the reserves lately. Perhaps it may be worth sticking him on the right? cant be any worse than what we are doing now?

If I were Gary Johnson I'd gamble on playing Lee Trundle on the right wing for the last two games. Lee Trundle is not fast but he can beat players with his ball skills.

the problem with dele is that he is your typical lower league player, with the ball at his feet he barely does anything but hold the ball up and lay it off, he doesn't create anything and the vast majority of his goals come from his head,

one of the reason dele has done well is because we have played to his strengths, most people have said that since we signed him we have plated alot more long ball football.

the fact is in Trundle's time here, started ONCE alongside a natrual targetman at cardiff and then both were promptly dropped for the next game.

at the start of the season, EVERYONE expected the front line to be Brooker and Trundle.......we still haven't seen it and I still feel it's our could be our partnership IF WE ACTUALLY PLAY IT

By that logic shouldnt Adebola and Trundle make a very good partnership?

Typical lower league player is a little harsh on Dele, he never going to be the best striker in the CHampionship at his age but he would make mincemeat of defences in league one.

Way i see it Adebola is stronger, fitter, quicker and has scored more goals than Trundle(a very important stat considering how little Adebola has played compared to Trundle), and does the simpler things better than Trundle.

Trundle is more skillful then Adebola

As for their touch Trundles can be absolutly out of this world, but then often it isnt tht amazing at all. To be fair Adebolas touch is ok but nowt special

Looking at it simply like that, as things are CURRENTLY i find it hard to see anyone being a better striker than Dele in our team

By that logic shouldnt Adebola and Trundle make a very good partnership?

Typical lower league player is a little harsh on Dele, he never going to be the best striker in the CHampionship at his age but he would make mincemeat of defences in league one.

Way i see it Adebola is stronger, fitter, quicker and has scored more goals than Trundle(a very important stat considering how little Adebola has played compared to Trundle), and does the simpler things better than Trundle.

Trundle is more skillful then Adebola

As for their touch Trundles can be absolutly out of this world, but then often it isnt tht amazing at all. To be fair Adebolas touch is ok but nowt special

Looking at it simply like that, as things are CURRENTLY i find it hard to see anyone being a better striker than Dele in our team

totally agree, Trundle and Adebola should be equally as good partnership, but would go for Trundle with Brooker, as personally speaking, I feel Brooker is a much better player than Adebola, nothing against Dele, but Brooker is as good as Dele in the air, but has the ability with the ball at his feet.

the simple difference with Trundle and Adebola and why one has been a success and the other hasn't is that we have played to one of thems strength, but not the other.

Trundle and Byfield and Trundle and Enoch was never going to work as a partnership.

Trundle with Dele or SB - Will

equally I'd say given time (which we don't have) I'd also say Brooker and Byfield would work and it didn't look too bad against Wolves

I don't see Trundle as a striker in the traditional role, I just tink he gets bullied and bogged down by strong big centre backs.

Why not start him on the right wing and give him the freedom to roam for the ball. Surely has to be the best way to free him up and get more good ball to his feet which is when he at his best.

With Sproule looking distinctly average at the moment now is the perfect time to play Trundle in his postion.

Archived