IGNORED

Team I Would Like To See If We Stay In Championship

Hydey

Players who have stood out and impressed me...

Croft (Norwich)

Buzacky (QPR)

Dawson (Hull)

Lisbie (Colchester)

Elokobi(??) (Left back for Wolves - although they say he's usually shite)

Jarvis (Wolves)

Mancienne (QPR - From Chelsea)

Leigertwood (QPR)

Zengzhi (sp) (Charlton)

Koren (West Brom)

Probably a lot I've forgotten too.

Think we'd do well to see any of these at AG although I don't expect them to be targets.

Players who have stood out and impressed me...

Croft (Norwich)

Buzacky (QPR)

Dawson (Hull)

Lisbie (Colchester)

Elokobi(??) (Left back for Wolves - although they say he's usually shite)

Jarvis (Wolves)

Mancienne (QPR - From Chelsea)

Leigertwood (QPR)

Zengzhi (sp) (Charlton)

Koren (West Brom)

Probably a lot I've forgotten too.

Think we'd do well to see any of these at AG although I don't expect them to be targets.

Agree with all of the above, Elokobi(Sp too?) was awesome last Saturday.

But the problem with most of the above apart from perhaps Lisbie, would be that they would cost an AWFUL lot of pennies.

What about Hoolahan at Blackpool?

why's that ??

Because the problem is not just down to two positions.

Right i did not want to do this untill the end of the season but i'll do it now.

The reason why we have struggled of late is simply down to the fact that we have to many players that are of lower Championship or league 1 level.

Now at the start of the season the whole team played on the confidence of last season's promotion and a good start. You could call it " carrying forward momentum" and we had players playing at 110% ability.

Now the problem with this is that no player will play at the top of his game all season and will sooner or later revert back to his natural ability level which in some of our players case is a standard lower than we are playing (lower Championship or league 1).

So when you look at the team and players the easy way to assess if the player is good enough is to look at your rivals teams and see if your player would compete with there opposite player. Now in our case a lot wouldnt, how many of our team would get in Stoke's, Hull, Watford's, Wolves or Ipswich's teams?

Now i will give an example

Bradley Orr.....

I love him, he gives what all football fans ask of a player, 100% every time. However, In my opinion (please prove me wrong Bradley) Bradley is not a top Championship defender and lacks several keys skills to be one. Being able to tackle alone in the Championship is not enough and never will be, you have to have so much more to your game, like being able to pass the ball and that is where so many of our players struggle, they can do their basic job but then struggle to do the other things that a top player needs.

So ( i am not going to name players) what we have to do is a complete overhaul and bring in players who can compete with their counterparts ( in other words being able to get in our rivals teams) and get rid of the players who cant and in my opinion to compete at the top end of the Championship next season we will need a lot more than three new starting players and we have to get rid of this mentallity of bringing players in as cover for current players.

You should only ever sign a player if he is better than the player currently in his posistion and so he improves the team. Unless you are Man Utd or Chelsea and have the top players in the game already then there will always be better players available than what you currently have.

Archived