IGNORED

Ian Hume

Ecko

IF leicester go down, and we stay down........hmmmmm, maybe, however I'd imagine we are more likely to go for Sam Vokes, as he's just kept scoring since the close of the Jan Window.

Personally, I'd love to see us try to go for Nicky Maynard

if we go up...........god knows! Forssell? Doyle?

IF leicester go down, and we stay down........hmmmmm, maybe, however I'd imagine we are more likely to go for Sam Vokes, as he's just kept scoring since the close of the Jan Window.

Personally, I'd love to see us try to go for Nicky Maynard

if we go up...........god knows! Forssell? Doyle?

Ye Maynard looks a real gem. A real handful at L1 level and still young.

Hume definitely doesn't and hasn't got a great record at this level.

The other two haven't had a chance in the championship so who knows, if we're to believe the reports in Vokes case or having seen him play half a dozen times in Maynard's yes.

Maynard's had a serious injury too in the last two years so considering that and Crewe not being great he's still hit 30 goals in 50 (+6) appearances in the league, that's a serious strike rate and definitely worthy of "someone" giving him a chance in the championship. It's not a risky signing looking at it.

It's Vokes first season and would be either very forward thinking or a big gamble depending on who takes him.

Not sure about Hume but I think Vokes and Maynard could make the step up, we would still need another established striker but these two would be more for future.

Vokes is only 18 but his record is very impressive for his age and the fact that Bournmouth are terrible 37 league starts, 16 league goals, he is 6ft plus and getting scouted by Prem clubs.

Maynard is 21 and his record again is an impressive 51 league starts and 32 goals in a pretty poor Crewe team, pacy goalscorer.

It's Vokes first season and would be either very forward thinking or a big gamble depending on who takes him.

GJ confirmed after the January window shut that Vokes is definitely someone they're interested in but "was more one for the future than for right now".

I think they'll go back for him in the summer since he's kept on going and Bournemouth's financial situation isn't good.

Maynard is going to be priced at well over £2m and I'm pretty sure he's not a target given that price and what our management team have said about him and Varney in the past.

Steve Howard is the epitome of the old fashioned centre forward, and can definitely score goals in this league, but because we've got Dele I think it's unlikely we'd sign him. Maynard is quality, but a lot of Prem teams have sent their scouts to Gresty rd to look at him and he'll probably cost too much.

Darren Huckerby? Always rated him. Would score goals an solve our right midfield problem.

This has been coverd though. I wouldn't mind some randomer that we have never heard of to be honest but if a well known player I would choose man City's Sturidge on a years loan. yes he has been in the first team but so had Kasper schmeical. I can see man city spending big again and if we go up will have a better chance of signing him.

GJ confirmed after the January window shut that Vokes is definitely someone they're interested in but "was more one for the future than for right now".

I think they'll go back for him in the summer since he's kept on going and Bournemouth's financial situation isn't good.

Maynard is going to be priced at well over £2m and I'm pretty sure he's not a target given that price and what our management team have said about him and Varney in the past.

Could you dig those quotes up for me, i can't seem to see them anywhere O_o cheers

The only comments i remember were about players moving early for inflated prices fairly obviously referring to Luke Varney's move. I don't remember any specific yes we were no we weren't stuff.

Having just looked up Maynards contract details it runs until 2010, and when it expires he's 23. Great thinking by the club there IMO. Considering he was the more complete player out of him and Varney too £2-£2.5 mill wouldn't be unfair, not exactly cheap.

Could you dig those quotes up for me, i can't seem to see them anywhere O_o cheers

The only comments i remember were about players moving early for inflated prices fairly obviously referring to Luke Varney's move. I don't remember any specific yes we were no we weren't stuff.

Remember the quote about Vokes, might have been an interview on world.

Having just looked up Maynards contract details it runs until 2010, and when it expires he's 23. Great thinking by the club there IMO. Considering he was the more complete player out of him and Varney too £2-£2.5 mill wouldn't be unfair, not exactly cheap.

The quotes on Vokes are in a World interview done around Feb 1st - you can probably find that if you look for it - dunno that they were ever repeated in a written article.

The one on Varney was in the summer again in a World interview and it was about them selling one player so they could hang onto the other - with the implication being that they valued Maynard more highly than the £2m Charlton paid for Varney.

Frankly there are better ways to spend £2m if you look overseas and I suspect that is what will happen.

The quotes on Vokes are in a World interview done around Feb 1st - you can probably find that if you look for it - dunno that they were ever repeated in a written article.

The one on Varney was in the summer again in a World interview and it was about them selling one player so they could hang onto the other - with the implication being that they valued Maynard more highly than the £2m Charlton paid for Varney.

Frankly there are better ways to spend £2m if you look overseas and I suspect that is what will happen.

Link?

Vokes is definately one that interests GJ but from what I've heard he's going to sign for Saints if they stay up. Otherwise he'll be sold to one of a number of Premier League clubs tracking him. Newcastle, Villa and Boro have all been mentioned. He's a Saints fan and a local boy so could see that happening.

Saying that though, I'd be delighted if we could get Maynard, Vokes, Huckerby and Wotton this summer. We'd definately be a stronger unit for it. Wotton's versitality alone makes him a decent signing for a year with the option of a second.

Vokes is definately one that interests GJ but from what I've heard he's going to sign for Saints if they stay up. Otherwise he'll be sold to one of a number of Premier League clubs tracking him. Newcastle, Villa and Boro have all been mentioned. He's a Saints fan and a local boy so could see that happening.

Saying that though, I'd be delighted if we could get Maynard, Vokes, Huckerby and Wotton this summer. We'd definately be a stronger unit for it. Wotton's versitality alone makes him a decent signing for a year with the option of a second.

If we don't go up I'd agree about Wotton, I'm a bit surprised he's been given a free. Huckerby is 32 now and will re-sign at Norwich imo.

If we don't go up I'd agree about Wotton, I'm a bit surprised he's been given a free. Huckerby is 32 now and will re-sign at Norwich imo.

Whatever he does, Huckerby won't be signing for another Championship team.

He's said he will never play against Norwich, should he leave.

Whatever he does, Huckerby won't be signing for another Championship team.

He's said he will never play against Norwich, should he leave.

Yep, and the rumour is that he'll be heading to the MLS in the summer. Shame cos he'd do a job for us but I'd rather raid Norwich for Lee Croft, seeing as he's on the fringes of their squad.

Yep, and the rumour is that he'll be heading to the MLS in the summer. Shame cos he'd do a job for us but I'd rather raid Norwich for Lee Croft, seeing as he's on the fringes of their squad.

A very good shout.

Good pedigree with Man City and now Norwich, and tore Jamie Mac to shreads infront of the Dolman. Bet we could get him cheap too...

I've asked several Norwich fans why Croft doesn't play more often and nobody seems to know.

The only possible reason someone came up with is, his scoring ratio isn't great.

From what I've seen Plymouth fans write they love Wotton but don't think he's up to this level any more.

I think we've got enough age in the squad myself and we signed 3 players over 30 this season, I'd prefer we looked at younger players.

People seem to forget that despite the huge success we've had this season we will run at over a £3m loss (unless we get to Wembley), so signing more players we will need to replace as they retire in 2 years is not really prudent IMO.

Vokes and Croft look like good and realistic options to me. I can't see us forking out the sort of fee Maynard will go for. Maybe we'll be back in for Garner from Carlisle? Otherwise I think we will have to look abroad for strikers, any English striker who gets 20 league goals will be stupid money.

I do wonder if we could prize Lewington away from MK Dons as well - he's always impressed me and we could do with real competition at left back.

add Lee Croft to that list

Archived