IGNORED

What Has Been The Highlight Of The Season?

jambodinho

Obviously been so many ups and downs this season but what in particular has stuck in your mind and made you think that it could'nt get any better than this?

For me watching Scotty Murray's wonder goal fly in on the opening day of the season to put us 2-1 up with minutes to go, the sun shinning down on a packed Ashton Gate all going mental to the sound of Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis has to be one highlight (although it only lasted for a couple of minutes!!)

Also on a number of occasions walking out of Ashton Gate after just beating our opponents and everybody is singing 'Drink up thy Zider' as the away section of fans are looking on in awe. It's times like that which made me feel proud to be a City fan.

Over to you.....

Obviously been so many ups and downs this season but what in particular has stuck in your mind and made you think that it could'nt get any better than this?

For me watching Scotty Murray's wonder goal fly in on the opening day of the season to put us 2-1 up with minutes to go, the sun shinning down on a packed Ashton Gate all going mental to the sound of Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis has to be one highlight (although it only lasted for a couple of minutes!!)

Also on a number of occasions walking out of Ashton Gate after just beating our opponents and everybody is singing 'Drink up thy Zider' as the away section of fans are looking on in awe. It's times like that which made me feel proud to be a City fan.

Over to you.....

1) - the whole performance against sheff u at home (on the telly) - played so well that day

2) - trundle's goals against scunny

3) - Watford away

4) - Boom booms 99th min leveller (ha) against mrs doubtfire's palarse

5) - Orr's last gasp efford against albion - a great game of football

Best moment is hopefuly still to come...

But if I must choose so far then it would be Hearing Southampton sing to our 3k away support

"where were you when you were sh#t"

Made me think how many times I had sung same to other clubs on their rise (reading / Wigan et al) and made me realise we had at last "arrived" in the higher echelons and were obtaining respect for it

As i was working overseas until the end of October. It would have to be from my first game of the season. Ivan Sproules wonder run against the Saints. Stood in the east end i couldnt beleive how good it was and as i was watching City for the first time in 2 years was loving not only the quality of players that we had brought in but the level at which we were now playing.

But as has been said above hopefully the best is yet to come.

U Reds!

The main highlight that will live with me for a long time was Charlton away on a Tuesday night. Nearly 2,000 Ziderhead's standing, singing, bouncing as one. Best atmosphere I think I've ever experienced following City. Superb stuff!

Hopefully the main dish is still to be served though... :fingerscrossed:

Another game that sticks in my memory was the 2-0 home win against Ipswich. I remember the first 25 minutes we were so in there faces, every one of our players chasing down every ball, harassing and not given them a chance to gain any rhythm. It made it all the more special as a few weeks previous we had been hammered by them.

The game at home to Ipswich. My Ipswich born brother-in-laws birthday, so i brought a ticket for him to see his team. He didn't stop going on about 'that' away game during the drive into town. Highlight of the season was his silence on the drive home. Priceless. :yahoo:

Has to be charlton for me, deicded to go at 4pm the afternoon before got the last coach ticket to go up with east end wurzel and his old man.

Then the best away atmosphere i have been too in my life, we didnt turn up for the first half but a different team in the 2nd half, we made it 1-1 then mcindoe hit the cross bar and i think everyone thought it was in. All that was missing from that night was a win but for some reason the 1-1 draw felt like a win and i thought we were going to g up auomatic, but the play offs will have to do.

Has to be charlton for me, deicded to go at 4pm the afternoon before got the last coach ticket to go up with east end wurzel and his old man.

Then the best away atmosphere i have been too in my life, we didnt turn up for the first half but a different team in the 2nd half, we made it 1-1 then mcindoe hit the cross bar and i think everyone thought it was in. All that was missing from that night was a win but for some reason the 1-1 draw felt like a win and i thought we were going to g up auomatic, but the play offs will have to do.

Agree 100% with that - absolutely fantastic standing all game and just singing our hearts out.

A mate of mine is a Charlton fan and he confirmed that BCFC fans were by far the best to visit the Valley this season.

Happy days, and lets hope they get even happier over the next few weeks!!

CTID

Guest MaloneFM

The milkman wandering on to the pitch after a win, applauding everybody in the stands, then going towards the Atyeo, and as he gets there....PUNCHING THE AIR!

Another one bites the dust

For me it has to be Norwich away (and the tractor :whistle2: )

And also Charlton away, best atmosphere i've experienced, felt like a win too...

Promotion at Wembley is going to be the icing on the cake though!!!!

coventry away was a fantastic day out

i couldnt really say tbh the whole season has been a quality year

losing my voice at qpr,and palace,watford etc

but i would say

the return of stevie brooker

as you say hopefully the best is to come

a cold night in Hull, battling with 10 men for a point (how valuable is that point now) ...

clapping the players off at the end, and looking over to see SL and other directors s standing to applaud the team off as well.

maybe not a glamorous memory, but one which summed up both the teams and the fans spirit and belief .

:englandsmile4wf:

Archived