IGNORED

Its Here!

myoudale

Marvin Elliot's staying then as they don't tend to use players at risk of leaving...

Away shirt's nice, quite like the socks too O_o May well pick em up in a year on the cheap.

Have you got the template for them mate?

I can't watch world on my computer but can I my laptop, So I went to get my laptop and couldn't find it, I was in hysterics, This was like the biggest thing since the reveal of the korma kit and I couldn't watch it. I turned the house upside down in search of it. I had almost given up hope until I went to the fridge to get out the cider to drown my sorrows and there it was sat alongside the cider.

I then proceeded to turn it off, The battery is flat. Great wheres the f***** charger, I'm losing my patience at this point, I find it, In the dogs bed and turn it on, Bloody thing is taking ages to start up, I type in BCFC world and it asks for a password, Whats my password? after a million attempts I finally guess it and the music starts, But wait no picture just sound, Grrrr I'm really losing it at this point so I update media player and the problem is fixed. And there in all it's glory is our 2008/09 Premier League home and away shirts. Fantastic stuff.

I got to have these I thought, I want to be the first to have them, I want everyone I know to have one. But there not on sale yet, However I can pre order them and get Free Postage, Bargains. I can't wait to see the postie drag a bag full of my 100 shirts up the pathway. SO I type in quantity of 100 in various sizes and proceed to payment and it processes and the excitement levels are reaching new heights now. Up pops a message. Insufficient funds :ranting:

Thank you, first post on here that has made in laugh in ages!

I'm so sorry, I shouldn't laugh as i know this day means so much to you, hope I haven't ruined it!!!

:yahoo:

don't like the away kit, ....... i think i'll stick with this years black, and buy a few extra at £10 if there are any left

:englandsmile4wf:

Yep, I agree. The away kit is minging. Why revert back to white when we've never had much success playing in it?

This year's black one was the best kit we've had in years and we produced some good results/performances playing in it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it? :dunno:

Guest Eamer
can we not have a photo of the 3rd kit at least

Just take the picture of Louis, put it into an image editing programme and make it black and white.

Yep, I agree. The away kit is minging. Why revert back to white when we've never had much success playing in it?

This year's black one was the best kit we've had in years and we produced some good results/performances playing in it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it? :dunno:

Exactly Tin.

By opting for a predominantly white away kit City are fully aware that if we compete in next season's Championship their will be a colour clash against teams that wear red and white stripes: Stoke City (possibly), Sheffield United, Southampton and even Doncaster Rovers who sport red and white hooped shirts.

Additionally, if City have an agreement with their shirt manufacturer / sponsor that requires them to wear the white shirt at every away game, then the blue and white hoops of QPR and possibly Reading could necissitate a further change.

Lets face it, noone wears a black home strip, so why change our away kit for no other reason than commercial gain?

Even yellow would be better.

Exactly Tin.

By opting for a predominantly white away kit City are fully aware that if we compete in next season's Championship their will be a colour clash against teams that wear red and white stripes: Stoke City (possibly), Sheffield United, Southampton and even Doncaster Rovers who sport red and white hooped shirts.

Additionally, if City have an agreement with their shirt manufacturer / sponsor that requires them to wear the white shirt at every away game, then the blue and white hoops of QPR and possibly Reading could necissitate a further change.

Lets face it, noone wears a black home strip, so why change our away kit for no other reason than commercial gain?

How can this be 'commercial gain' if the third strip is not available for fans to buy? In fact won't maintaining three kits for next season actually cost the club more money?

I am impressed with the new kits and think they are the best we have had for a very long time.

However, I really like Puma but the last 3 kits we've had are very quite similar. I know there are limits of course but maybe some detail in the back ground i don't know? I mean if we didnt have a new sponsor the things thatv changed are the small white detail and the colar. I'd like to see some other details changed but still a really nice kit and i'll still be forking out the bucks!

But i don't know which one to get :(

How can this be 'commercial gain' if the third strip is not available for fans to buy? In fact won't maintaining three kits for next season actually cost the club more money?

I think he means because if you had a black kit/top the year before then you'd be more tempted to buy a white one than another similar black one.

We wore white against Doncaster last season and everyone seemed to cope.

Palace wore white shirts and red shorts against Stoke this season and their was no clash.

Why would they have that agreement? We've never had one before and I've never heard of a manufacturer insisting an away shirt is worn at every single away game.

The sponsor's the same on both kits, so they won't care which kit is worn.

We'd wear red against QPR or Reading, as we always do.

But that is why it's done. It's why all clubs change their kit so frequently.

It wouldn't sell as well as it would be horrible, just like all yellow kits.

Exactly Tin.

there was going to be a new kit anyway, so what does it matter what colour it is,

This season there has been a 3rd kit (last seasons white/grey) which has been worn for a few games due to clashes with the black kit, so it doesn't make much of a difference what colour it actually is.

We wore white against Doncaster last season and everyone seemed to cope.

We wore white with gun-metal grey panels, gun-metal grey shorts and socks

Palace wore white shirts and red shorts against Stoke this season and their was no clash.

Our new away kit features red panels on a white shirt, whilst Palace's away shirt this season is plain white. A few seasons ago City had a plain white collared shirt manufactured by Admiral that featured a tiny anmount of red piping, red shorts and white socks. They wore this for one half away at Stoke when the referee decided there was a colour clash and made them change tops again to their previous season's green with black panels.

Why would they have that agreement? We've never had one before and I've never heard of a manufacturer insisting an away shirt is worn at every single away game.

Do you know that for certain?

The sponsor's the same on both kits, so they won't care which kit is worn.

Fair enough.

We'd wear red against QPR or Reading, as we always do.

We didn't wear red against Cardiff or Ipswich this season when only a change of shorts was necessary.

But that is why it's done. It's why all clubs change their kit so frequently.

Because, 'it's just one of those things', doesn't make it right.

It wouldn't sell as well as it would be horrible, just like all yellow kits.

Ah, but that's just a question of personal taste.

Archived