IGNORED

Another Major Celeb Pledges Alegiance To Bcfc...

Mad Cyril

No i don't want our ground not being full and realise that for the club to improve and compete with bigger clubs, we have to grow ourselves. Now having read the interview, it does give the impression of only going next season because of our success, which is what myself and some others have pointed out and while that maybe unfair on him, that is the impression the interview gives.

I'm obviously reading a different interview than you

I may be, but I'm happy and don't need an anger management course. I was having a bit of fun, because of post #16, where you go all high & mighty about posts with insults in. Mind you, you did let your argument down a bit with the last paragraph. You just need to chill a bit.
Ok. I thought you were having a go and not having laugh, so i apologise for my heated response. I'm a little stressed today trying to get tickets for Saturday.

Ok. I thought you were having a go and not having laugh, so i apologise for my heated response. I'm a little stressed today trying to get tickets for Saturday.

No probs.

Shouldn't be an issue with the tickets if you are a ST holder. My son rang up at lunch time & got them fine.

Hey you two - that's enough - less of the luvvy duvvy stuff - this is the OTIB forum - we have standards to maintain!!

He does not have a season ticket because he can only make a few games, so whats is the point in him getting one?

This season it has been fairly easy to get a ticket short notice for the majority of games but next season (if we were to go up) it would be near enough impossible to get to a game without a season ticket. Hence why he would want a ST if we were in the prem and not in the championship?

Or am i miles off :tumbleweed:

You are probably right. A friend of mine said the same earlier on after reading this thread.

I know Geoff Barrow and can tell you that he used to go and watch City as a kid, but sadly, switched to Rovers at some point in (I think) the late 80's :angry: Not sure about Adrian though.

I am genuinely gutted by that, if true.

I knew he liked football and so had presumed he was City.

It does explain why their music is often labelled 'depressing' I suppose.

Actually, is there really that much wrong with glory hunting?

I would be delighted with 30,000 fans (and their lovely cash) every week at the new stadium, even though clearly 50% of those fans would not qualify under any loyalty card bonus scheme.

I was thrilled to see 40,000+ 'part time' City fans backing the team at the Millennium stadium, and would sooner we took big numbers than turned up without using our full allocation, as Carlisle did.

I always think of that 'massive' team Newcastle Utd, who's gates were little bigger than ours at the point the first Keegan revolution began with a win over a certain team called Bristol City.

Crikey, there has been enough comments over the years on here about kids around Bristol sporting Premier League kits rather than Bristol colours - do we really want to back track now?

No i don't want our ground not being full and realise that for the club to improve and compete with bigger clubs, we have to grow ourselves. Now having read the interview, it does give the impression of only going next season because of our success, which is what myself and some others have pointed out and while that maybe unfair on him, that is the impression the interview gives.

Well if you want the ground to be full then you better start to accept that new fans or 'glory hunters' as you call them will be coming to visit Ashton Gate and watch the action. Otherwise it'll be the same 10,000 of us who used to turn up on a cold tuesday to watch Peterborough.

Be careful what you wish for and all that!

And?

He is a City fan who admits to not watching us much at the moment BUT will if we get in the Prem.

So he will make an effort if we are succesful but not if we are not.

Top bloke.

He is as it goes. went to Hyde Park a coupla years back to see The Foo Fighters and Motorhead, and me n Mrs Bucks met him then, had a good chat n all. first thing Mrs Bucks said (Oh and by the way like me she aint Bristolian either) City or sags, he said City of course. Now we aint got the average Bristolian accent or wearing any City gear. now why would he say City of course, if he wasnt a die hard Cider Red. I only got an ST for the first time this coming season, cos I'm ****ed off with glory hunters, and cant pay on the day. I suppose that makes us "celebrity " fans does it?.

join the real world sometime.

He is as it goes. went to Hyde Park a coupla years back to see The Foo Fighters and Motorhead, and me n Mrs Bucks met him then, had a good chat n all. first thing Mrs Bucks said (Oh and by the way like me she aint Bristolian either) City or sags, he said City of course. Now we aint got the average Bristolian accent or wearing any City gear. now why would he say City of course, if he wasnt a die hard Cider Red. I only got an ST for the first time this coming season, cos I'm ****ed off with glory hunters, and cant pay on the day. I suppose that makes us "celebrity " fans does it?.

join the real world sometime.

You have just contridicted yourself.

Anyway, i don't want to keep argueing about this with everyone who thinks different to me.

He may be the biggest City fan in the world (and for all i know he is), i was just commenting on the article in the paper which gave the impression that if we were in the Prem he would come but not if we were not.

Also, like some one else in the thread said. Maybe i misinterpreted (sp) the comments. It could simply be that he meant that without a season ticket, there would be no chance of seeing City play next season as there would be no POTD tickets available.

At the end of the day as long as i get tickets to see City play, i couldnt care who else does. I don't mean that to sound nasty, its just a fact of life.

Well if you want the ground to be full then you better start to accept that new fans or 'glory hunters' as you call them will be coming to visit Ashton Gate and watch the action. Otherwise it'll be the same 10,000 of us who used to turn up on a cold tuesday to watch Peterborough.

Be careful what you wish for and all that!

I know what you are saying and you are right.

For the club to grow and compete, we must attract a new generation of fans and i would incourage that but at the same time, there have been countless threads on this board over the years about how we all know people that can only be bothered to turn up for the big games and cant be arsed any other time.

Now maybe i didnt explain myself very well but thats what i am talking about.

Archived