IGNORED

Crystal Palace Away Tickets

MattWSM

You just about some this effing forum up, you have no idea whatsoever who the eff do you think you are? What if I can't make any cut backs cos I'm already living on the edge?

Well Mr money bags, maybe you can phone work for me and explain to them why I can no longer go, pay me that lost days wages plus my travelling expenses and the cost of the ticket? Then you can phone the other person, who's weekend off it is, and explain to him why he's been called into work.

You shouldnt have to justify yourself as your in the same boat as alot of city fans. I overspent going to all the games last month. Have to draw the line somewhere, especially if were going to Wembley. Wouldnt miss that one for the world!!

I AM going but i can see why alot of people arent, theres so much to pay out at the moment......... The thing is that the people who have the money to go and are saying "its only £60" are very ignorant and are obviously in a better financial position than you and I. FFS £60!! is alot of money!!

Can we try have one thread that doesn't resort to name calling! Why am I ignorant?

All I'm saying is money can be found if cut backs are made from other areas of a budget, naturally there are going to be cases where people are already running on the bare minimum, If thats the case fair enough. But I feel for many ST holders this just isn't the case, they just can't be bothered and trot out the same old excuses . only 1800 of 10,000 ST have purchased tickets, you not telling me their all skint?

I had a night lined up with the lads later this month and was also planned to be going to Alton Towers, I've now scrapped this to fund the Palace trip.

You just about some this effing forum up, you have no idea whatsoever who the eff do you think you are? What if I can't make any cut backs cos I'm already living on the edge?

Well Mr money bags, maybe you can phone work for me and explain to them why I can no longer go, pay me that lost days wages plus my travelling expenses and the cost of the ticket? Then you can phone the other person, who's weekend off it is, and explain to him why he's been called into work.

Why didn't you just say in your original post that you couldn't make It because you had work! Fair enough. Why have you taken my post so personally, this isn't about you!

1,800 of 10,000 ST holders have purchased tickets. Thats piss poor how ever we choose to dress it up.

Why didn't you just say in your original post that you couldn't make It because you had work! Fair enough. Why have you taken my post so personally, this isn't about you!

1,800 of 10,000 ST holders have purchased tickets. Thats piss poor how ever we choose to dress it up.

I'm not taking it personally per say, you're sat there slating 10,000 people when you have no idea whatsoever what their personal circumstances are, I'm just standing up for those of us who, work or no work, just cannot effing afford it no matter what!!

Can we try have one thread that doesn't resort to name calling! Why am I ignorant?

All I'm saying is money can be found if cut backs are made from other areas of a budget, naturally there are going to be cases where people are already running on the bare minimum, If thats the case fair enough. But I feel for many ST holders this just isn't the case, they just can't be bothered and trot out the same old excuses . only 1800 of 10,000 ST have purchased tickets, you not telling me thier all skint?

I had a night lined up with the lads later this month and was also planned to be going to Alton Towers, I've now scrapped this to fund the Palace trip.

First off its not name calling... you have a ignorant attitude.

Some of us live on a modest and tight budget and for you to say same old excuse is infuriating.

Your point about 10,000 season ticket holders? Is this the same 10,000 people who have just paid £250-£500 for season tickets??? most of which probabaly 2 or 3 times that, because they have families?? some possibly have been to stoke and sheffield in recent weeks?? oh and just forked out for palace home tickets????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

you obviously have a bit of money, so be grateful that you can afford to go and be grateful that £60 aint alot of money to you!!

I'm not taking it personally per say, you're sat there slating 10,000 people when you have no idea whatsoever what their personal circumstances are, I'm just standing up for those of us who, work or no work, just cannot effing afford it no matter what!!

Fair enough.

How about the other 8,199? :innocent06:

At the risk of sticking my head in the fray if you have to work that's it then, no other reasons are necessary.

On a more general point, I find it amazing that this topic has swung from people worried about being able to get a ticket and calling for a loyalty scheme to a debate on the apparent apathy about going at all.

I didn't think it would be a full on mad rush but I did think they would all sell in a day or two.

This is the game of the season. It all hangs on this. This is the one where our support is needed most. I'm delighted to have the opportunity to go even if it means having about four hours sleep because of my working life (assuming I can get to sleep!).

We get through this one still in the tie (or ahead hopefully) and then Tuesday becomes the most important.

Maybe the people going to Palace should get first shout on Wembley tickets. Don't worry, it won't work out like that. I just hope we get that chance to follow City to Wembley for the biggest game yet.

First off its not name calling... you have a ignorant attitude.

Some of us live on a modest and tight budget and for you to say same old excuse is infuriating.

Your point about 10,000 season ticket holders? Is this the same 10,000 people who have just paid £250-£500 for season tickets??? most of which probabaly 2 or 3 times that, because they have families?? some possibly have been to stoke and sheffield in recent weeks?? oh and just forked out for palace home tickets????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

you obviously have a bit of money, so be grateful that you can afford to go and be grateful that £60 aint alot of money to you!!

You need to try an detatch yourself from this conversation, It isn't about me or you and I'm not loaded either.

Am I the only one on here who thinks it's piss poor we can't sell our tickets for our biggest match in years?

You need to try an detatch yourself from this conversation, It isn't about me or you and I'm not loaded either.

Am I the only one on here who thinks it's piss poor we can't sell our tickets for our biggest match in years?

Does it really matter? Its not like theres only going to be 100 fans there? People cant go for whatever reason. They will be watching the game elsewhere and probably attending the home leg. Lets not get into an arguement about whos the best fan etc. Lets back the team in whatever way we can either at the ground, pub church for prayers!! Anyway possible. The players are grateful for ALL our support this season. Lets just be proud to be city fans :)

Yes it's poor. Every club has fans from a cross section of society, some won't be able to go for work/money/other reasons but where are the others to take their place? Palace have sold out their away allocation, why can't we?

You're not the onlys ones struggling to sell tickets chaps

We have seats still available in all parts of the ground. Sky sports plus the fact that Palace have kindly upped the price to £30 -at a time when most are feeling pinch - will ensure that a game which should sell out easily will be disappointly under capacity.

And have you seen the prices at Wembley for the team that gets through? - £62 for a lower tier ticket behind the goal!

The only reasonable price is £34 and that is stuck in the heavens, no doubt plonked right under the decibelic PA system where a pair of binnoculors are essential.... grrrrrr.

Yes it's poor. Every club has fans from a cross section of society, some won't be able to go for work/money/other reasons but where are the others to take their place? Palace have sold out their away allocation, why can't we?

i think its poor, some people cant afford it thats fine, it makes me laugh that the people who will be at this game will more than likely be the ones some look down their nose at because they get drunk and swear.

You're not the onlys ones struggling to sell tickets chaps

We have seats still available in all parts of the ground. Sky sports plus the fact that Palace have kindly upped the price to £30 -at a time when most are feeling pinch - will ensure that a game which should sell out easily will be disappointly under capacity.

And have you seen the prices at Wembley for the team that gets through? - £62 for a lower tier ticket behind the goal!

The only reasonable price is £34 and that is stuck in the heavens, no doubt plonked right under the decibelic PA system where a pair of binnoculors are essential.... grrrrrr.

Well, after much debating with oneself I purchased a tkt in the Palace end, only to find out the next day tkts available in away end. Subsequently I have a spare Home area tkt!! So Mr 'cpfc in kent' if you or any of your mates want to buy yourself a tkt this Kent based City fan is prepared to be haggled!!

Kent Red

Does it really matter? Its not like theres only going to be 100 fans there? People cant go for whatever reason. They will be watching the game elsewhere and probably attending the home leg. Lets not get into an arguement about whos the best fan etc. Lets back the team in whatever way we can either at the ground, pub church for prayers!! Anyway possible. The players are grateful for ALL our support this season. Lets just be proud to be city fans :)

Yes I think it does.

This is a massive match and you can't support the team by sitting a in Boozer or your living room in Bristol, the only way you can support them on Saturday is by getting your arse up to London and being there in the flesh, If you can afford it or don't have work obviously!

BTW Who's having an argument about being the best fan? I'm just saying struggling to sell our tickets for a match of this magnitude is crap IMO.

Well, after much debating with oneself I purchased a tkt in the Palace end, only to find out the next day tkts available in away end. Subsequently I have a spare Home area tkt!! So Mr 'cpfc in kent' if you or any of your mates want to buy yourself a tkt this Kent based City fan is prepared to be haggled!!

Kent Red

I'm surrounded by apathy so little chance there.

You should be able to get a refund if you take it into the box office 24 hours before....although don't quote me on that.

I have bought a ticket, but at £30 and over £30 in train fares, it is far from a cheap day out. Not forgetting the £26+ for the home leg, £400 on the ST and Mega-Bucks if we do get to Wembley. I have lived on a tight budget, and if in that position now, I would miss this game and watch it on Sky to make sure that I could afford Wembley, if we get there.

All these people who can't afford to go to Palace will find the money for Wembley if we get there. :yes:

EXACTLY!

If you don't support the team now there WONT BE a wembley trip..... we'll do the hard part and scrape together the pennies and support the team during the hard part, u lot enjoy the big day out if we get there!

If you can afford a house in Seend you probably are on the affluent side.

Its understandable why people can't afford to attend as you can only push the boat out so much as i have put football before family so i could attend games in the last few months. If City reach wembley its a family holiday gone!

Eventually you just have to say no i am not going like many others did for the away match at Stoke after numerous sell outs away from home.

EXACTLY!

If you don't support the team now there WONT BE a wembley trip..... we'll do the hard part and scrape together the pennies and support the team during the hard part, u lot enjoy the big day out if we get there!

o.k super fan we will. :disapointed2se:

(p.s I was going to Palace before you we`re born)

I have bought a ticket, but at £30 and over £30 in train fares, it is far from a cheap day out. Not forgetting the £26+ for the home leg, £400 on the ST and Mega-Bucks if we do get to Wembley. I have lived on a tight budget, and if in that position now, I would miss this game and watch it on Sky to make sure that I could afford Wembley, if we get there.

It seems that the cost of football is finally catching up with itself. In the last month or so I have spent the following on football:-

My season ticket - £425

Son's season ticket - £225

Palace match ticket - £30

Dad's Palace ticket - £18 (birthday present)

Palace train ticket - £51

Dad's Palace train ticket - £34

Palace home ticket - £26

That totals £809 spent on football alone. Then there is a potential cost of Wembley to throw in - my son will go to that one so I am looking at another two hundred sheets for that as well with the transport costs. That's over a grand that will potentially be spent on watching Bristol City in a six to eight week period. It doesn't come cheap and the sooner football as a whole realises that the better. Otherwise empty stadiums will become the norm - have a look at La Liga, you can see empty seats everywhere.

EXACTLY!

Yes shame on you all,I'm sure you can find the money from somewhere if you really wanted to be there.No excuses, just because some of you season ticket holders have attended all the home and away games this season, thats no reason not to go to palace, your a disgrace, part timers, glory hunters, money probs i hear you say, bullshit, work harder you lazy dogs, cut back on food, miss a mortgage payment,cancel the family holidays, take time off of work if thats your excuse, alter your budgets, i don't give a dam what your finances are like, theres nothing more important in life that this match, if i can afford it so can you, don't you lot realise this is the most important game for years and if you don't turn up it could stop us from getting to the play off final, if i can get there so can you, and if we do get to wembley, only those that go away to palace away should be allowed tickets, that would teach you, i think the big problem is the fact it's live on Sky and you just cant be arsed to move out of your chairs, well if thats the case then watch the final from your chairs as well. :disapointed2se:

So just to clear it up...Season ticket holders who purchesed tickets can pick them up tomorrow?

More importantly, where from? Is it the ticket office or the coaches?

Yes, i'm aware these have been answered...I'm just trying to make sure and get things clear in my mind.

Archived