IGNORED

On The Field = Premier League (fingers Crossed)

openEnd

This whole latest ticketing fiasco has left a very bitter taste at a time when I'm on cloud nine after witnessing 30 games of the most fantastic season that I can remember.

GJ and the boys have been amazing. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Mr Sextone and his latest ticketing arrangements.

Last week when the home leg tickets were available to season ticket holder personal callers I didn't have the reddi£$ available. I realised I might not be able to reserve my actual seat if I waited till this week. Unfortunate, but I could live with that for a one-off game.

I had no idea then though that I wouldn't be able to go to the ground and pay cash. At the moment I don't have any way of paying by card (I'm waiting for a replacement).

I live less than a mile from AG, but am told I can't pay cash in person today. I was also told this situation may change tomorrow, (depending on away leg sales) but the home leg might be sold out by then?

Of course I can borrow a card from friend/family member, but a 10p/min phone call, or 5% booking fee online for the priveledge makes it less appealing especially on the back of there being no concession for ST holders in the first place. Let's be honest who enjoys paying fees?

Why do the men in suits have to make it as complicated and downright awkward to follow this team? Is it all about getting *supporters to part with a few more pounds each time?

*or clients, if you use there terminology in the online ticket system - 'client reference number' WTF are they on? I'm a fan not a client!

I'd be interested to know the final figure of revenue generated by phone calls and booking fees for this one game alone.

Why can't they hide these peripheral charges and up the initial ticket price to cover costs stealthily? Who knows they might even make a few more quid, but more importantly not leave an unpleasant feeling of being fleeced at every turn.

Why can't the Supporters' Trust finally resolve these problems that seem to arise everytime there's a huge game?

someone should be sacked for this

what a stupid comment to make.

99% of people have managed to get tickets ok it seems, however from 17odd thousand, there will always be a handful who have problems.

Why can't they hide these peripheral charges and up the initial ticket price to cover costs stealthily? Who knows they might even make a few more quid, but more importantly not leave an unpleasant feeling of being fleeced at every turn.

First time i've seen someone complaining about transparency of costs...

I have to be honest, I have had no problems.

But if you look at the whole scale of things, think how many people are trying to get a ticket. And the amount of staff that are working on it? I have a feeling that there is like a 1000 to one ratio!!

If you think you can do a better job then feel free to apply for a job at the club.

what a stupid comment to make.

99% of people have managed to get tickets ok it seems, however from 17odd thousand, there will always be a handful who have problems.

To be fair I guessing the comment was made as a joke.

I think it extends from a thread a few weeks ago suggesting someone should be sacked for something or other.

It now appears to be a standard 'joke' answer for certain posts.

And if I'm wrong.... someone sack me!!

I appreciate that others have had major problems with tickets, but I have to say that I have no complaints at all. The only problem I had was when the Preston tickets went on sale, and that was my own fault for leaving it too late before trying to buy them.. Got them in the end though :winner_third_h4h:

Online, in person or on the phone, the ticket office has always been ok with me.. I guess I am just lucky.

Archived