IGNORED

Sounds Like We Are Getting Alott Of Interest From Down Under

JudgeRed

I wonder if we could play a pre-season friendly Bristol City v Newcastle Jets :D:D

Damn straight, lets do it.

And I live in the real Newcastle, not the bleak cold un, or the Welsh Mr Hughes or the penal colony.

So which Newcastle would it be that you live in? Cause last time I check the one in England is the bleak cold one. While we arent the original Newcastle we are the biggest population Newcastle!

Aww bless, they really love Nick :wub:

It obviously seems they'll be disappointed if he doesnt play although i'm sure he will. GJ sticking with the same team vs PNE?

He bloody better be!

Spoke to Nick Carle down the Gate yesterday afternoon when we were collecting our Palace away tickets. Was loving the sunshine, and I was thinking that with the temperatures set to be 28C in London tomorrow, he could be the only one on the pitch to be used to playing in conditions like that. Just a thought...

He bloody better be!

Spoke to Nick Carle down the Gate yesterday afternoon when we were collecting our Palace away tickets. Was loving the sunshine, and I was thinking that with the temperatures set to be 28C in London tomorrow, he could be the only one on the pitch to be used to playing in conditions like that. Just a thought...

Carle could make the difference, he certainly has the skill, lets hope hes a big game player too.

Ahh Its 26oC here in Norwich, clear blue skys, nice breeze just like the last 3 days actually :cool2: and tommorow willl be warm and sunny for the trip to the big smoke, :sun:

Now for ice cold cider...

Have you read the thread?

Not a lot of love for City ourselves some of the comments are quite against us as a side.

And slagging off the English football leagues.

That perplexes me. Surely nobody rates the Aussie league in comparison to anything above League 1? Why else would Carle move from a team doing well in Aus to a new club to England's second league?

And slagging off the English football leagues.

That perplexes me. Surely nobody rates the Aussie league in comparison to anything above League 1? Why else would Carle move from a team doing well in Aus to a new club to England's second league?

To be honest, No

I feel better about our chances now. I like Carles attitude. Laid back though or what? pressure not getting to this Aussie.

It exciting!!

nice post, cheers - this interview is very typical of Nick

he also has a double incentive to help get City promotion - strong performances will back a strong claim to get back in the Aussie squad and line up for WC qualifiers (four matches in June!)

the weather forecast to be hot will certainly suit him and his style of play, and its especially important that City maintain possession in such conditions, let Palace do the chasing and frustrate their approach at home - reckon a draw would be a fantastic result

PS Fox Sports 1 will be televising live the game tonight in Oz - broadcast begins at 9pm local time - they'll be a group of us cheering on

City at Katoomba RSL club on the big screen - then on Wed morning from 4-30am live coverage again on Fox Sports 1 of the return leg, so it will be early breakafst time!

I've been lurking these forums ever since it was announced Carle would be joining City.

I wonder if we could play a pre-season friendly Bristol City v Newcastle Jets :D:D

I dunno, we're kind of Champions of Australia, I'm not sure if some lowly English team would be quality opposition... :P

Seriously though, Joel Griffiths would score 6 goals against you, then proceed to mock you all. And get away with it.

I've been lurking these forums ever since it was announced Carle would be joining City.

I dunno, we're kind of Champions of Australia, I'm not sure if some lowly English team would be quality opposition... :P

Seriously though, Joel Griffiths would score 6 goals against you, then proceed to mock you all. And get away with it.

What's your average home gate? How many people live in Newcastle?

Are aussies starting to be converted to football rather than aussie rules, cricket, rugby etc?

Sorry for the 20 questions, just interested. :rolleyes:

What's your average home gate? How many people live in Newcastle?

Are aussies starting to be converted to football rather than aussie rules, cricket, rugby etc?

Newcastle Jets have home gate in season 2007-08 was 13,209 compared with national average in A-League of just on 15,000

population of greater Newcastle is just under 500,000

football is now huge in the Aussie psyche esp after our 2006 WC performance but also

the A-league growth in popularity - this can only rise with our competing in football at Beijing Olympics

and then the next 12 months or so of WC qualifiers

more registered players at amateur-junior level then any other "code" (hate that term) of football

women's football also becoming big with QF appearance at recent World Cup and a national club league soon

Newcastle Jets have home gate in season 2007-08 was 13,209 compared with national average in A-League of just on 15,000

population of greater Newcastle is just under 500,000

football is now huge in the Aussie psyche esp after our 2006 WC performance but also

the A-league growth in popularity - this can only rise with our competing in football at Beijing Olympics

and then the next 12 months or so of WC qualifiers

more registered players at amateur-junior level then any other "code" (hate that term) of football

women's football also becoming big with QF appearance at recent World Cup and a national club league soon

There's an interesting comparison of Newcastle (Aus) to Bristol then. Similar sized populations and fairly similar attendances for our clubs, although at 16,278 average this season, ours is bigger and we haven't just won the Premier League title! :innocent06:

I assume there are Aussie rules, rugby and cricket teams in Newcastle that draw hefty crowds?

Yep, the thing about here is that 4 years ago before the current A-League, football was only supported by the hardcore. The rugby league team was pretty much the main sporting focus of our town. Since the start of the A-League 4 years ago, the league team and our football team are now near an equal level. Our stadium only has a capacity of ~25,000, we can pull 16,000 when we're going well, and 20,000 on important matches with the local teams (remember that we play teams 1000s of kms away). In the finals we can fill it.

So yeah, we're young but we're growing fast. Plus we have some of the best support in the country,

< Grand final pull-over :worship2:

Anyway, I'll be watching you guys tonight, good luck :fingerscrossed:

PS Fox Sports 1 will be televising live the game tonight in Oz - broadcast begins at 9pm local time - they'll be a group of us cheering on

City at Katoomba RSL club on the big screen - then on Wed morning from 4-30am live coverage again on Fox Sports 1 of the return leg, so it will be early breakafst time!

It's 11am here and just over an hour to wait. Neil Warncock's Palarse Eagle worshippers to be humiliated by the BCFC Red Army in the first leg? I'm now off to the pub and the big screen TV to find out - a whole day of drinking awaits :dancing6: .......

It's 11am here and just over an hour to wait. Neil Warncock's Palarse Eagle worshippers to be humiliated by the BCFC Red Army in the first leg? I'm now off to the pub and the big screen TV to find out - a whole day of drinking awaits :dancing6: .......

nice little prediction there mate!

what a result - it looked great on the TV back here in Oz, and good to see Nick with two assists for goals

thought City outplayed Palace for most of game and there wasn't a weak performance in the whole City side

onward to Wembley and a date with destiny!?

Archived