IGNORED

Eastwood Up For Sale

Ecko

At Wolves he was always last into training, first to leave had a stinking attitude and when he was booked to do functions for the club ( schools, open days etc ) he wouldn't show up. Now, that is either down to a clash with MM or he has got a shiiite attitude. If he has then he is certainly not a GJ type player.

Are we still getting this "he's not a GJ type of player"

Same was said about Mcindoe and Sproule, no problems with their discipline.

Eastwood would be a quality signing, he clearly didnt gel at Wolves but that dosen't mean he cant do it elsewhere again.

Time after time players have moved clubs and re-found their form (look at Santa Cruz's last season at Bayern/John Carew only 10 in 30 odd for Lyon - Both had great seasons in the Prem) and on the other hand time after time 'quality' players have moved to other clubs and not found form (Nugent/Healy for example)

People are far to quick to judge in football - give the players a chance

good in the lower leagues, still not proved himself at this level after 2 seasons, for the transfer fee and wages he would cost to bring in I'd rather look elsewhere for a forward with some potential, nicky maynard is a name that gets mentioned regularly and definately make a move for Sam Vokes!

Eastwood can cut it at this level - he got 16 goals in a relegated Southend side last season.

Suggesting that he isn't good enough because an idiot like Mad Mick prefers not to give him a run of starts is madness IMO.

This is the same Mad Mick that was prepared to let McIndoe go and the comments make it quite clear that this is a personality clash not about ability.

I'd be happy if we signed Eastwood for significantly less than Wolves paid for him but I think it's risky in terms of whether or not he settles.

Eastwood can cut it at this level - he got 16 goals in a relegated Southend side last season.

Suggesting that he isn't good enough because an idiot like Mad Mick prefers not to give him a run of starts is madness IMO.

This is the same Mad Mick that was prepared to let McIndoe go and the comments make it quite clear that this is a personality clash not about ability.

I'd be happy if we signed Eastwood for significantly less than Wolves paid for him but I think it's risky in terms of whether or not he settles.

11 goals in the league though, hardly an impressive strike rate, despite southend's poor team, probably southend's penlety taker as well, though haven't checked how many he may/may not have scored from the spot.

as for McIndoe, he's struggled to settle at many clubs since leaving Yeovil for whatever reasons, I'd personally put his form this season more down to GJ knowing him well

11 goals in the league though, hardly an impressive strike rate, despite southend's poor team, probably southend's penlety taker as well, though haven't checked how many he may/may not have scored from the spot.

as for McIndoe, he's struggled to settle at many clubs since leaving Yeovil for whatever reasons, I'd personally put his form this season more down to GJ knowing him well

Isnt your last sentence about mcindoe a little bit contradictory, I mean wasnt johnson the manager of yeovil when he left??

If he knew him so well why didnt he get the best out of him then??

Yeah two of those cup goals were against Man Utd and Tottenham so that's not a great argument.

Most Wolves fans rate him and can't understand why he wasn't given more of a chance, certainly the ones I was talking to prior to our game against them.

It seems quite clear now that it's down to personalities.

I'd say he'd be more likely to succeed as the pie in the sky suggestion of Maynard and hopefully cost about a third of the £2.5-£3m that Crewe will want.

Stats aside I've seen him play about a dozen times and he's not failed to impress - he has a great deal to his all round game.

McIndoe hasn't exactly struggled to settle he's just not been shy about moving on for a better opportunity, two different things in my book.

Isnt your last sentence about mcindoe a little bit contradictory, I mean wasnt johnson the manager of yeovil when he left??

If he knew him so well why didnt he get the best out of him then??

you just need to read any of the interviews from johnson and Mcindoe from when he signed, GJ said, they had a brilliant working relationship up until the last couple of weeks,

which if we are honest, is likely to be the result of the normal of a agent filling a players head with talks of big money transfer and contracts, which has indeed happened, but looking around he doesn't seem to have produced his best form until back with GJ.

Yeah two of those cup goals were against Man Utd and Tottenham so that's not a great argument.

great so on the basis of a goal against Man U reserves in the league cup and a pen against spurs, not actually anything to rave about.

For those wanting other strikers ahead of him ie. Maynard and Vokes.

Why don't you compare strike rates in League 1?

maybe there's both don' t have comparative strike rates, but they are both very young pacey forwards with good potential, Vokes is a player who GJ rates highly and has been watching and only an idiot couldn't be impressed with the ability of Maynard, plus of course the bonus that he will have the right attitude coming from Gradi's Crewe.

obviously neither of them have played at this level yet, but are both still very young

besides I don't think they could do any worse than Eastwood who scored 11 league goals in this divsion in his best season (2 of which were pens)

great so on the basis of a goal against Man U reserves in the league cup and a pen against spurs, not actually anything to rave about.

Man U reserves? With Rooney, Ronaldo, Silvestre, Heinze and Brown playing? Yeah not much of an achievement. But actually I'm not raving about anything, I'm pointing out that he's got the ability to succeed at this level and not seeing eye to eye with a ****wit like Mad Mick is hardly indicative of anything.

Two seasons already at this level mean that Eastwood has got more chance of being successful next season than Maynard IMO and besides you keep ignoring the fact that Crewe WILL want a fee for Maynard bigger than what they got for Varney and given his injury proneness, it's a massive risk that you won't see GJ or SL take.

Vokes and Eastwood are realistic signings and if we are still in this division and got both I'd be very happy.

Archived