IGNORED

Eastwood Up For Sale

Ecko

No

4 goals all season

would get better value for money, in just giving byfield a new contract than wasting silly money on a player like Eastwood

Showunmi and Byfield out

Eastwood and possibly another in

Can't believe that you think Byfield is better than Eastwood.

Showunmi and Byfield out

Eastwood and possibly another in

Can't believe that you think Byfield is better than Eastwood.

not better, but if in this division, I'd say byfield would be better value for money and possibly with a better goal return

there isn't a cat in hells chance of us going for Eastwood - why would we? - has shown this season he isn't good enough

if we go up...........Eastwood in the Prem........comical

if we stay down.....I'd rather go with someone who will improve in the future, Maynard or Vokes would be ideal signis

Bh did you not see City 0 - 3 Eastwood a couple of seasons back?

Or Eastwood for Wales?

He is a decent decent player, just Mick hasnt a clue how to make the most of his resources.

mick sure worked out how to make the best out of signings like Kightly and Ebanks-Blake though didn't he?

yes I remember Eastwood for Southend....in LEAGUE ONE while we were in the middle of our bad run after GJ had taken over and everyone was beating us, it was the game that johnson dropped his infamous hand grenade just afterwards.

and for Wales....yes he was excellent...AGAINST LUXEMBOURG!!!

just don't rate him.

he has cost Wolves £1.5m 12months ago, when he was set to join Cov in Jan it was for around £1.5-£2m he's already shown this season that at a bigger club he can't adjust, though he did quite very wellas big fish in a small pond at Southend, when the whole team played towards him, but he still only got 11goals in this divsion

Personally I'm aiming for City to go up, in which case singing Eastwood would be unversially no doubt described as stupid.

IF we stay down I'd rather be going for somone with better long-term potential and who will cost a probably lower transfer fee and definately lower wages, such as Sam Vokes, Nicky Maynard or even Joe Garner once he's fit again.

instead of blowing £1.5m+ plus paying out top whack championship wages for a player who has already flopped at this level.

15 league goals in 2 seasons.

PERSONALLY speaking, I don't find that overly impressive

Come on, you can use stats to prove anything in the world.

Alot of his goals are top quality, doesnt matter what League you're in. He obviously hasnt had time to settle at this division and have a regular run of games, which I bet he needs.

He would certainly be better than Byfield/Enoch.

Got to take in consideration hes only started 12 games. Even top quality strikers would struggle without a run of games.

Also think our style of football would suit him better than wolves hes a plyer who needs the ball to feet or in behind, Mick Mccarthy is a bit of a hoofball manager.

Personally, I don't think that stat is worth consideration.

He's been selected for 12 starts this season with 23 short lived appearances from the bench.

Stats mean nothing without context.

Eastwood is a class above anything we have got in terms of finding the net and he'd be a very valuable addition to the squad.

And he'd cost way below a million quid.

either way, 4 league goals this season and 11 last.

nothing to write home about.

your whole basis on signing him is based on us staying down? which is very negative as is the signing of eastwood as a whole.

not sure where why you reckon "he'd cost way below a million quid" as others have mentioned he cost £1.5m and Wolves aren't going to be willing to lose a large amount of cash on the transfer, when he was on the verge of joining Cov in Jan, it was for "£1.5m to £2m" I'd imagine he will cost around £1.2-£1.5m

for that money there is more sensible alternatives.

Come on, you can use stats to prove anything in the world.

Alot of his goals are top quality, doesnt matter what League you're in. He obviously hasnt had time to settle at this division and have a regular run of games, which I bet he needs.

He would certainly be better than Byfield/Enoch.

but people said the same about trundle...and look at his goal record.

4 this and 11 last season in the league.

even if we stayed down.......I'd look elsewhere

At Wolves he was always last into training, first to leave had a stinking attitude and when he was booked to do functions for the club ( schools, open days etc ) he wouldn't show up. Now, that is either down to a clash with MM or he has got a shiiite attitude. If he has then he is certainly not a GJ type player.

QUOTE (old_man_terry @ May 8 2008, 9:42 PM) *

either way, 4 league goals this season and 11 last.

nothing to write home about.

your whole basis on signing him is based on us staying down? which is very negative as is the signing of eastwood as a whole.

No. I said he is easily good enough for the Championship and, in my opinion, good enough for the Premier League - we aint going to compete at the top end are we.

not sure where why you reckon "he'd cost way below a million quid" as others have mentioned he cost £1.5m and Wolves aren't going to be willing to lose a large amount of cash on the transfer, when he was on the verge of joining Cov in Jan, it was for "£1.5m to £2m" I'd imagine he will cost around £1.2-£1.5m

for that money there is more sensible alternatives.

McCarthy wants rid and Eastwood wants out. They won't bugger around asking silly money, my guess is around 750k plus add-ons. Coventry could never have afforded anything like £1m at that time - they were a week off of administration at one point and had difficulty in paying wages. They were skint.

Offload Enoch and Byfield and the money is there for a quality replacement.

so you belive getting shot of Enoch and Byfield will fund a quality replacement? you do realise they are both out of contract so there will be no transfer fee's incoming?

as for the Coventry deal, it was all set to complete at the end of the loan window (my mistake not jan) as it was a loan then, but perm in the summer, £1.5m-£2m in the summer but Wolves pulled the plug at the last minute, you do realise they have been taken over? hence Dowie out, Chris Coleman in.

you also say he is more than good enough for the championship and maybe good enough for the prem? are you actually serious? 15 goals in 2 seasons at this level, personally I think he is average championship player if that, but not the kind of player you want to sign if your serious about pushing out of this league the right way.

Of course I realise that they've been taken over by Ray Ransons group. But I still maintain that Coventry were in no position to be able to guarantee paying that sort of money at the end of the season at that time.

Yes, deadly serious. I can't believe you look at a statistic and write a player off. Thank God you aint the manager of BCFC.

Enough already.

but surely the fact that they were on the verge of signing him until Wolves pulled the plug last min (because Cov wanted to play him against Wolves) is a sign that they were going to sign him at obviously were going to sign him.

see below one of the various links on the story

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-20683283/

it's not about looking at a statistic, it's a simple fact that in the lower divsions he scored alot, but in his 2 seasons at this level he's scored 15 goals and yet you declare him to be a top striker.......based on what?

but surely the fact that they were on the verge of signing him until Wolves pulled the plug last min (because Cov wanted to play him against Wolves) is a sign that they were going to sign him at obviously were going to sign him.

see below one of the various links on the story

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-20683283/

it's not about looking at a statistic, it's a simple fact that in the lower divsions he scored alot, but in his 2 seasons at this level he's scored 15 goals and yet you declare him to be a top striker.......based on what?

love the quote from MM 'he's not my type and maybe i'm not his'!!

Perhaps a lovers tiff??

GJ's motto is (perhaps not exactly in these words but along the lines of) 'the easiest way to motivate a player is to find a player who can be motivated'.

A good striker with raw ability and the attributes to be a good player in the championship... sounds perfect for a bit of Johnson magic!

Archived