IGNORED

Biggest Game For Years

bs16bcfc

Just got into tonight after being ripped to pieces by the fact that we cannot sell out for the Palace away game.

I know the gas got nothing to shout about, but never the less , still a P.ss poor effort from the biggest club in Bristol whatever slant you put on it.

We all have various reasons why we aren`t at Palace, they are ours no-body elses. Money being pretty high up the list. We don't have to justify them to anyone though. Each to his/her own.

Guest DanC
it really is hard for people to shell out 30quid when its free to watch, if it was 15 i'd be there but on my student loan i cant afford pasta let alone going to palace
For me the reason I am going is because I really can't stand watching big games like this on Sky, It's just not the same.

It does seem a shame were not sold out yet, but its been an expensive year! We have proved ourseleves with consistently good away followings all season, but for lots of people money don't grow on trees. I for one am stuck up in Lincoln this weekend...any city fans there 2?!!!

Agree thats its really poor we cannot sell out less than 2500 tickets for this game. I know plenty of people have genuine reasons but surely there are enough people who can both afford the trip and don't have prior arrangements.

Saving for Wembely and its on sky seem a pretty poor excuse for a club who want to be in the Premier League next year.

Every heard of a part-time JOB????

Students like you do my head in.

What a one-dimensional and irrelevant post.

Ever heard of full time degrees? A PGCE at University takes up 8.30am - 7pm every single day, plus I have to plan lessons to every second of every day, every single evening and what money I do have goes on getting to teaching placements. All on £6000 a year...

Again, irrelevant I know, but people who have the "I pay taxes so I'm better than you" opinion do my head in.

Agree thats its really poor we cannot sell out less than 2500 tickets for this game. I know plenty of people have genuine reasons but surely there are enough people who can both afford the trip and don't have prior arrangements.

Saving for Wembely and its on sky seem a pretty poor excuse for a club who want to be in the Premier League next year.

Agree, lets face it the fact that it is on Sky is irrelevant - so will the Wembley game - will those people stay at home and watch that game on the telly?

Look, those us of us who are lucky enough to be going just be glad - and make bl**dy sure that we make as much noise as possible, so that the players know we are there and want it as much as they do. Those who can't afford it, or cant be there for some other reason, sorry about that, you must be gutted that you're not going to be at City's biggest away game for god knows how long. We are all the people :englandsmile4wf:

Why, as City fans, do we have to fight about trivial things such as this?

OK we've not sold out, but lets not fight between oursevles. For whatever reason we haven't sold out, big deal.. lets just support the lads from wherever we are tomorrow be it at Sellhurst or at the pub watching on TV.

Just got into tonight after being ripped to pieces by the fact that we cannot sell out for the Palace away game.

I know the gas got nothing to shout about, but never the less , still a P.ss poor effort from the biggest club in Bristol whatever slant you put on it.

Totally agree. It's pathetic and embarrassing that we haven't sold out our allocation.

Some fans without valid reasons for not going (such as work commitments, holidays, weddings etc) really need their heads examining. This is Bristol City Football Club's single biggest game since the 1970's and we can't take 2,450 fans to a game.

I don't care whether it's expensive, early kick-off, on Sky or whatever. I earn a paltry £900 a month with a lot of outgoings and I'll still be there and worry about the Wembley prices if and when we get there. It's a piss poor effort from our lot, it really is. If people are in a position to go and aren't, they should be ashamed in my book. This is our Cup Final. Right here, right now.

Sorry if that offends certain people of the forum community but that's my ten pence worth. :tomato:

Why do we get this drivel every time we get a big game?

The fact is, there is a small hardcore of what I term "fans" (or "fanatics" to give it its full name) who eat, breath and sleep Bristol City. They follow the team everywhere and spend a significant portion of their lives and income doing so. Well done to them - good show!

The majority of the rest (myself included) are what I call "supporters". For us, Bristol City is not "the be all and end all" of our existence. We support the team (and most of us are season ticket holders) and attend most/all home games, the occasional away game and the odd play-off/cup appearance. But we have a life outside of Bristol City which demands our time and attention.

So when we don't sell out for a significant away game in the future, don't measure our commitment by your narrow-minded view that, unless we follow the team everywhere, we are 2nd-rate support.

I don't deny your right to spend vast amounts of your time and money to follow City, so have some respect for those of us who either can't or won't put the importance of a football club above our family and work commitments.

After going to Sheff Utd etc in the last few weeks, i really cant be bothered to get up at 5 o clock on saturday morning to go to London. If it was the 2nd leg i WOULD feel different. NOTHING will be decided on saturday because it will only be half time. We could lose or win 3-0 but it would not be over because in the playoffs anything can happen in the 2nd leg.

Ashton Gate next tuesday is where it will be DECIDED and not at Selhurst Park, that is why a £30 ticket and all my travel costs will be saved. :yes:

Yeah Sadly I can not afford the away game I don't even know if I can afford Wembley if we got there. The talk is that although we have done the home leg, every home game of the season and a couple away I might very well not get to see us Wembley just getting there is going to be a problem for me. :(

Every fan i expect would drool at the prospect of the day out, My excuse is I literly don't have the dosh, its that simple.

Rest assured however, should we overcome Palace i will find the money for Wembly, even if i have to forget the rent or go without munch - i'll get there!

Every fan i expect would drool at the prospect of the day out, My excuse is I literly don't have the dosh, its that simple.

Rest assured however, should we overcome Palace i will find the money for Wembly, even if i have to forget the rent or go without munch - i'll get there!

In all probability, I won't be able to afford Wembley IF we get there because it lands before May's payday for me but I chose to do Palace over that anyway. Will cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

In all probability, I won't be able to afford Wembley IF we get there because it lands before May's payday for me but I chose to do Palace over that anyway. Will cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

yea same for me too, brilliant timing. :disapointed2se:

good luck raising the dosh, its a lot of money if you don't actually have it spare.

Well, if necessary ill just sell my wii down cashconvetor like the crackheads! :laugh:

We both know that where there's a will there's a way.

You'll find the money for it mate, there's no way you would miss it....

Archived