IGNORED

Just Back ... Fantastic!

The Chaplain

Living locally just got home ... what a great day, prob the best away game i can remember. Loud atmosphere, city standing and singing throughout and a performance to match, strong wen we needed to be, played quality football as well and 2 great goals. Overall we were better than them and that, quite apart from the score, was the pleasing thing and should give us confidence for the second leg. I feared this tie tbh and would've gladly settled for a draw, even when we were one up, but the lads showed no fear at all and played their game.

Of course it's not all over, still a huge job to do on Tues. and anything could yet happen ... but we're right to celebrate tonight. I hope those of u who choose not to come, saving yr money for potential future games, wont be disappointed, I wouldn't have missed being there for the world. Win lose or draw now...will always have Selhurst and living up here that means a lot!

Living locally just got home ... what a great day, prob the best away game i can remember. Loud atmosphere, city standing and singing throughout and a performance to match, strong wen we needed to be, played quality football as well and 2 great goals. Overall we were better than them and that, quite apart from the score, was the pleasing thing and should give us confidence for the second leg. I feared this tie tbh and would've gladly settled for a draw, even when we were one up, but the lads showed no fear at all and played their game.

Of course it's not all over, still a huge job to do on Tues. and anything could yet happen ... but we're right to celebrate tonight. I hope those of u who choose not to come, saving yr money for potential future games, wont be disappointed, I wouldn't have missed being there for the world. Win lose or draw now...will always have Selhurst and living up here that means a lot!

Just got home too, now going to settle down and enjoy the game all over again on Sky+ !

Great game to go to - sure makes up for the league match earlier in the year. I was a bit worried about this one too - thought a draw would be a good result, but winning it the way we did was absolute magic.

Bring on Tuesday - it's only half time, and it should be a cracker!

Out of interest, was there any trouble up there today? After the last time & having the old man on the phone before k/o today saying there wasn't much segregation.

I didn't see any - sure was funny walking to the 75 bus stop and riding home amonst all those gloomy Palarse fans though!

Out of interest, was there any trouble up there today? After the last time & having the old man on the phone before k/o today saying there wasn't much segregation.

no, all seemed fine to me ... usual banter, esp wen they scored, but i walked out back to car no trouble at all, chatted to a few palace fans, who were pretty complementary but all seemed v keen to emphasisise it was only half-time...

• Admin
no, all seemed fine to me ... usual banter, esp wen they scored, but i walked out back to car no trouble at all, chatted to a few palace fans, who were pretty complementary but all seemed v keen to emphasisise it was only half-time...

If I were a Palace fan I wouldn't be so keen to use the words "half time"....

We've been leading at half time on 13 occasions and won all 13.

If I were a Palace fan I wouldn't be so keen to use the words "half time"....

We've been leading at half time on 13 occasions and won all 13.

Just back myself as well in Wimbledon.

Stopped for a few sherries on route.

What a bloody handsome day it was.

Haven't seen it on tv but was our McIndoe shout a penalty? And was theirs a penalty?

Just got back. Knackered but very happy tonight.

Yes, there's a long way to go. But a great team performance and two excellent goals. That moment when Noble's shot hit the net and the reaction among our support will live with me for a long time.

I've never seen so many glum faces on the home fans filing past us after we left the ground.

I notice GJ kept it low key afterwards. Didn't even do his victory jig. It's a job half done.

Well worth the trip, even the agonisingly slow haul getting out of the place.

Just back, one of the top atmospheres I've experienced in 18 years watching the Reds - flippin' magic.

Standing throughout the whole game and signing as one, I could just tell the Sky viewers know the words.....

JOHNSON SAYS...THE REDS ARE GOING UP, THE REDS ARE GOING UP, THE REDS ARE GOING UP...

Have to agree, no idea how long I've been following City but todays performance from the players and the fans outshone even my memories of the 2-2 at Coventry. For all of you rolling out of bed to the pub at 12.15 hpoe you enjoyed it as much as I did but you really had to be there!

Archived