IGNORED

"we Always Believe"...

ziderhead2003

Guest MaloneFM

At Southampton uncle recalls it was 'We're Bristol City, we're top of the league' for obvious reasons it had to be changed.

Can anyone help me settle an argument I am having with my wife. If this an original or have we nicked the song from other team(s)?

The actual tune first got an airing away at Charlton, however this was 'We're Bristol City, We're Top of the League'.

Was being sung on the train, and then in the pubs before kick-off, and really got going well in the ground.

This rendition lasted a few weeks whilst we were in our lofty position and I'm glad someone has re-jigged it to the emphatic proportions of last night. Well done that man. :worship2:

Tune is blagged from those rotten scousers though, from their Champions League anthem, 'We won it 5 times, in Istanbul, we won it 5 times' *

So, original lyrics, but not original tune tootsie, me old luv.

* I did prefer Man U's retort to this though (referring to the scouser who got banged up over there for killing some Bulgarian barman). 'We won it 2 times, we won it 2 tiiiimes, and we we won, no Bulgarians died' Genius :chant6ez:

it was percy... well he said he was going to sing it a soton or sheff utd.

he did a really amazing post that made a lot of people suddenly begin to 'believe' again

it was unbelievable (:laugh:) last night and i'm so blooody delighted. i'm very vocal in my support and know1 at my college doesn't know i am a city fan, so all the taps on the back and praise i have got on behalf of the team from my fellow students has been amazing.

bring on hull, they just scored there 4th goal.... better snap that campbell in two...

Que sera sera...

we always believe, we're Bristol City, we always believe! - Whoever thought that up deserves a bl*#dy knighthood!

That will be a city song for years to come!

I can confirm without doubt the man responsible for this posts on here under the name Collis. Me, him and Badger 8 hatched that whilst enjoying a pint of Stowford Press on the Beer Boat near the Mardyke yesterday afternoon and it is an absolute classic.

I can confirm without doubt the man responsible for this posts on here under the name Collis. Me, him and Badger 8 hatched that whilst enjoying a pint of Stowford Press on the Beer Boat near the Mardyke yesterday afternoon and it is an absolute classic.

Except Percy Parrot mentioned it on here many days ago.

What's the Beer Boat like, btw? I always wonder as I drive by.

Can I add my praise to that chant...

Very fitting chant considering not just our goalkeeper but the whole mentality of the club since Johnson started to get us moving forward.

Together we fans had to learn to believe again, but the success has been so great that all expectations have been smashed.

I liked it when we sang it after conceding. It was a defiant statement.

Long may we sing it!

Except Percy Parrot mentioned it on here many days ago.

What's the Beer Boat like, btw? I always wonder as I drive by.

I must be getting in to their subconscious :)

And yes it was before a day or so before the Sheffield United game that I posted it.

I tried it on my own at Sheffield United (Ashton Kate helped as we got a bit of a rendition going- not much).

Tried again at Stoke- better.

And again at Palace with the help of EDR and friends. Better still.

Last night - dunno who went for it but it worked a treat :)

I think it is a brilliant chant too...thought that when we were 1-0 down it put the shivers up the Palace players. Goes down in history as one of the all time great...let's hear it at Wembley. It has gone straight in at number four in my all time top 10 chants over the years:

1. Aye Aye Aye...Gibson's better than Yashin.

2. Drink Up Thy Zider

3. Keep the Red Flag Flying

4. Always Believe

5. City Til I Die

6. Hey Jonesey Where did you get that tan

7. We can see you sneaking out

8. Ade Ade Ade Ade Ade Ade Akinbiyi

9. Oh basssoooo

10. The Norwich family...

And yes it was before a day or so before the Sheffield United game that I posted it.

I tried it on my own at Sheffield United (Ashton Kate helped as we got a bit of a rendition going- not much).

Had it rocking in Atyeo E.

I'm hoarse today. :innocent06:

we got everyone going at it at the back of the eastend last night and it just took off :englandsmile4wf:

we got everyone going at it at the back of the eastend last night and it just took off :englandsmile4wf:

I was at the back of the EE and was the first to get it going, a group of mates around me joined in the first half and it slowly caught on as the game went on. I am suprised I made any sense considering the amount of boozing I did before the game!

Its a great song, sent shivers down my spine when everyone was singing together...

:englandsmile4wf:

Yes I definitely want to join the fan club for this song. It was absolutely amazing against Palace and it sums up perfectly what we've been all about over the last 2 years. I can see it now, half of Wembley will be ringing around with it.

we always believe, we're Bristol City, we always believe! - Whoever thought that up deserves a bl*#dy knighthood!

That will be a city song for years to come!

Hopefully a new version if things are going well at Wembley:

We're premiere league

We're premiere league

We're Bristol City

We're premiere league :fingerscrossed::D

Archived