IGNORED

Nick Carle Or Lee Johnson?

fulham red

Carle. Johnson is quality and was unfortunate to get injured but the way Carle is playing he cant be dropped.

I think you may find that LJ will play this one simply because he reads the game better and because the size of the pitch LJ can pick a pass better. Also with so much space that Wembely affords you at times becuase of the size of the pitch i think it would have to be LJ. Carle is a more aggresive type of player but you cannot deny that its a mighty tough call.

But for me LJ although i would not be unhappy with either.

Bit of a dilemma for Gary J - does he play Nick Carle or LJ in the final? Carle has been awesome in the semis, but LJ has been arguably our key creative player all season, and near to full fitness. And of course he is his son. Tough choice to leave your own boy out of a Wembley final - if I was manager, I'd love to see my lad play at Wembley. So what do you think he should do? Who would you choose in midfield?

Are you stupid or something why would you suggest changing the team around we have won 3 in a row now carle is doing fantastic so shut up about team change its going to stay the same

Are you stupid or something why would you suggest changing the team around we have won 3 in a row now carle is doing fantastic so shut up about team change its going to stay the same

Wow you've just been told off by Carles biggest fan i think! :noexpression:

You tell em Nicky Boy! :noexpression:

Keep "the crab" out of the team :fingerscrossed:

I think you may find that LJ will play this one simply because he reads the game better and because the size of the pitch LJ can pick a pass better. Also with so much space that Wembely affords you at times becuase of the size of the pitch i think it would have to be LJ. Carle is a more aggresive type of player but you cannot deny that its a mighty tough call.

But for me LJ although i would not be unhappy with either.

LJ reads the game better than Carle! you are joking, LJ reads how to pass the ball back to McCoombe. our flair players have come to the party at just the right time, change nothing

I am in disbelief that anybody believes Lee Johnson should start.

Not because he is not good, simply because of the fact that this same starting Xi came together at half-time in the Stoke game and nearly got a point after a dire 1st half.

Then the same team lost at Sheff Utd, and although I wasn't there, everybody raved about the performance.

It then went on to convincingly beat Preston and then the play-off favourties 2-1 away and home.

This team is scoring goals and playing like a team that deserves to be at a play-off final. LJ has been a virtual spectator in all of this time, except when GJ switches to a five man midfield towards the end of games.

Lee did brilliantly, but, we lost our way. We have now found it again; leave it be for firks sake.

P.S. as for going back to a five man midfield; that has to be heart ruling head. We didn't score many goals or create many chances with that policy. Admittedly, We didn't lose many games, but, let's try for a shot on target; just for the cameras.

I will try to add some Carle definition.

His earlier career with Sydney Olympic was in a very physical league. Serbs v Croations, Italians v Greeks, Aussies v All Comers, ethnically charged dislike for each other and quite often not televised. An open go for physical encounters.

Nick still uses some of the force required for that league, especially the use of the thigh/hip shove to move another player off the ball, using the leg as a lever, little professionalism's that are called a foul in todays game of whistle blowers and TV cameras.

I think Elliot is finding things a little easier with a more vigorous central midfield partner and with more strength going forward, there is less pressure on the back 4.

LJ is a good team player who gives a solid 90 minutes. Carle is simply better.

I think Carle will start because of his recent form and since he has started the last couple of games.

But... on FIFA, (:laugh:) LJ comes off the bench, puts in the perfect delivery to the far post for Trundle to nod it in.

So you're right, LJ will play a big part from the bench.

You heard it here first! :goingup:

Carle for me

LJ has just been unluck with the injury & the wrong time as he's been a big player for us this season

Carle is starting to look a class act, looking much fitter and gets stuck in.

I think he will be a great player for us next year with a tough GJ pre season under his belt

Johnson is a great player to have on the bench though as, winning or losing !

Archived