IGNORED

Nick Carle Or Lee Johnson?

fulham red

Bit of a dilemma for Gary J - does he play Nick Carle or LJ in the final? Carle has been awesome in the semis, but LJ has been arguably our key creative player all season, and near to full fitness. And of course he is his son. Tough choice to leave your own boy out of a Wembley final - if I was manager, I'd love to see my lad play at Wembley. So what do you think he should do? Who would you choose in midfield?

And of course he is his son. Tough choice to leave your own boy out of a Wembley final - if I was manager, I'd love to see my lad play at Wembley. So what do you think he should do? Who would you choose in midfield?

GJ is a professional as is his Son. GJ will do what he believes is right to win the game. No other consideration whatsoever will enter his head.

Right now Carle.

Johnson doesn't change a winning team. Carle has been outstanding in recent games, and fully deserves his place in the starting line-up. Johnson (Jnr) will still have a part to play in this final, and it's gutting for him to pick up this injury at the end of the season. This is another reason why I am glad Henderson and filthy Hooford won't be in the prem next year.

Carle has been instumental in this mommentum we have going at the moment.

I cant see any change at all - apart from injury or illness of course but failing that I would have to say its gotta be Nick Carle 100%

Its hard on Lee Johnson because he has been such a major part of the first 11 for so much of the season but thats just how football goes! Anyway - who knows - he could still have a major part to play from the bench.

Nick Carle.

Nick got his chance and took it, and the way you come across as a fair manager is to pick people who do that, LJ should be on the bench ofc.

If we go up, nobody should forget the massive impact LJ has had on our season, and he deserves a go at the Prem. 41 games as our creative midfielder in a season where we finished 4th. Not bad for a guy only picked because of nepotism...

no reason why lj can't come on late once nobs looks a bit tired and push carle to right. surprised not to see byefield though. dele is a handful but after 60 mins his legs give way. not criticising but the guy is no teenager and i'm sure he'd agree. would start with same 11 and see how hull play first before the rejig. physical scrap then you don't want to risk little lee and if they do what palace did with every ball in the air so we can't get the passing game on then lee won't win many headers surely so carle gets my nod. fortune favours the brave so let's get at them and control the game

Providing everyone's fit and there's no new injury's to contend with then GJ has to name an unchanged side through loyalty to the players that have revived our flagging season. That mean's Nick Carle all the way.

nicky is in possession and if he is dropped it will be a travesty as he has been the main man since sheffield utd

lj is fantastic though. i just cant see how changing it would do anything for team morale, and those that claim lj only plays cos of his dad will finally have some new ammo

doesnt matter so long as we win mind you

I missed Johnson a lot when he was gone and we missed him like hell but Carle has just been awesome the last few games and he has been a big part of some of the best football we have played all season in my opinion. Johnson on the bench though without a doubt.

Carle has to start.

For a time, we missed Lee Johnson more than any other player has been missed this season. However, Carle finally stepped up and produced consistant quality.

In some ways it's a shame, because if Carle had come to the party 3 or 4 games earlier we'd be in the Premier League already.

While simular as playmakers they are really quite a bit different, LJ goes deep and picks it up and sprays the ball about like a quater back where Nick is usually the up behind the strikers when the ball breaks. Thing is you need a marv to play with both, but what a fantastic dilema we have.

The last 4 games have seen the best run of performances this season.

After Sheffield, I said that line up should be persevered with come what may for the rest of the season, no matter what happened at home to Preston or in the first leg at Palace.

I think that view has been more than vindicated.

The Carle-Noble-Trundle axis is quality, don't see how or why you would disturb that.

ifi was GJ i would go for

......trundle..

mcindoe........carle.........noble

.............elliot...johnson.........

adeboloa has been massive but with him (from the very little ive seen admittately) the defenders

seem too happy to just hoof it up to him where as with the formation above they would be more

inclined to pass it through to middle on the floor. GJ is playing nicky carle too deep in my opinion

and having a central trio of elliot, jonnson and carle would purrrrfect.

With Johnsonn playing GJ had to go (and would have to again I fear) 4-4-1-1, as he need the man "in the hole" to give extra protection to the midfield.

While he does not spray long passes like Lee J, Carle is still as good a playmaker, but get's forward better than Lee. Most importantly, carle is a more combative player and because of this we can play 4-4-2 without the midfield being overrun. 4-4-2 mean we can play Trundle alongside a target man, which is bringing the best out of him.

I'm also pleasantly surprised at how balanced we look with Noble playing on the right, and now his fitness is improved that's a real bonus. Noble playing means we can bring Sproule on against a tiring defence, and he looked a real handful on Tuesday night and would be on a big pitch such as Wembley.

He has to stick with the same team.

Big fan of LJ but Nick has been playing very well......I can see him scoring a screamer at Wembley!! He is due a goal

We played great against Sheff U, smashed Preston, beat the divs inform team away and home(ish) with the same side.

It would be churlish to tinker a side that is in form.

Nicky Carle all the way. Keeps posession and is excellent a playing players in...also scares the hell out of defenders.

Keep Lee Johnson in the armoury for if we need fresh legs

Carle will start I'm sure, with Lee coming on with 15 to go to help retain possession and our two goal lead as Hull have a late and fruitless push!

But seriously, anyone else worried that Carle is going to get himself sent off soon??

Everyone keeps going on about what a great tackler he is...yes he is aggressive and goes in hard and with commitment, but he has been late so many times, and could have cost us the tie with a stupid late tackle had the kid scored the pen.

Carle will start I'm sure, with Lee coming on with 15 to go to help retain possession and our two goal lead as Hull have a late and fruitless push!

But seriously, anyone else worried that Carle is going to get himself sent off soon??

Everyone keeps going on about what a great tackler he is...yes he is aggressive and goes in hard and with commitment, but he has been late so many times, and could have cost us the tie with a stupid late tackle had the kid scored the pen.

If ifs and buts were pots and pans there would be no tinkers... he didnt get sent off. I agree, his tackle was dicey and thank god the ginge missed. But his tackles in the main have been a great help and stopped the oppo playing onto our defenders a lot. In a nip and tuck game like the final, I would have him in the team on that alone.

In such high pressure game, there is more to be gained by having a hustler/tackler like Carle chasing down tackles in front of the defenders (but please no more lunging in the box). I would have LJ in the armoury if we need to push to get a goal.

Plus Carle has been one of our best players in a team playing in form with momentum....Surely cant change a settled/winning side?

Archived