IGNORED

Next Seasons Relegation Sorted

Clevedon Red

Of course he would need help when managing a new level.

It's a huge step - and I don't think GJ has too big an ego to admit that he would benefit from some experience in scouting prem level players. GJ undoubtedly has the confidence to make all the final yes / no decisions. If we win saturday week, expect an announcement on this within a couple of weeks........

Anyone got the phone number of Benny Lennartsson???? :whistle2:

Well first of all we need to get there, and secondly, it is a fact, no matter who you are, that Championship sides going up, will be the automatic faves to come down. Facts are facts.

Totally agree it's just the way it's written that pissed me off.

Well, they aint too far from the truth.

What sort of players could Hull or ourselves attract other than the sort of player they quoted ?

On the other hand, why should this club go for players like those mentioned if we are promoted ?

It's a bit like managers - they get sacked for being shite, then they get a big job somewhere else. That's the Premier League isn't it ? Similar for players - a very lucrative merry go round.

No values, no vision and no sense.

This club, and I hope Hull and Stoke as well, shouldn't fall into that trap - as Derby did. And that was their big mistake.

IF promoted, we should be looking at players who are better than the sort they mention for a fraction of the cost in terms of transfer fee and salary. Up and coming young players coupled with eager and hungry players from abroad.

And I'm sure we are doing just that.

If promoted, we should do it our way - not the shite Premier League way which is employing players doing the rounds who are really no better than most in the championship.

Lita, Earnshaw, Savage (what a joke) and the like - no better than championship players. No use getting them or their type and their baggage here as they will be playing for the buck not the shirt or the manager, they'll just **** up the dressing room.

If we get there and fail, then fair enough - but we won't fail like Derby.

Spot on cynic. These people are self appointed experts with absolutely no knowledge of the game ouside the big four. What they would like of course is a closed shop with only their favourite "big" clubs in it - as I suspect will happen one day. As far as they are concerned the likes of us, Stoke and Hull should not belong to their exclusive little club. They like to massage their pathetic little egos by getting close to their JT's and Stevie G's. Gary has forgotten more about the game than all of them put together will ever know. If there' one thing about the prospect of the Premier League I do not look forward to it is its values, the stench of corruption that hangs over it and the slimy hangers-on it attracts - including the "journalists". Gosh I seem to be in a bad mood today! :ranting:

Totally agree it's just the way it's written that pissed me off.

Let the press spout their bollox to try and sell chip paper. We havent listened to them this year, why start now?

Its all Ifs and buts I know because we havent gone up....But 'IF' we were be in the prem next year we would probably have to finish above Bolton, Fulham and Stoke to survive.

Very do-able!

I just hope we do it next week and grab our chance. Biggest game of our lives!

(Please please please lets win)

This makes me laugh journos what idiots they take their lead from tv pundits rather than form their own opinion. Which is fine by me the more they write us off the more determined we are to prove they wrong.

I remember alan hasen and co writing off Braford chances from start to the very last day and then when paul jewel kept them up on the last day, they only talked about for about 5 mins and then proceeded to write them off for the next season. Classic.

If we do win through to the prem which i BELIEVE we will then Lita would not be a bad option if he could prove he really wants to be at the gate but my feeling that GJ will buy 3-4 european players that can play from the off and not sit on the fringes.

Plenty of foreign players would give their left nut to play in the Championship let alone have a bash in the Prem.

I'm not saying we go down the previous route, but surely its a more viable option if we want to add some quality.

There's no doubt if we were promoted we'd be in for a very, very tough season no matter how much of the £60m we spent.

The trick will be to get value for money in the transfer market, we can't afford to spend like Sunderland and then go down.

I think if we go up we should:

a) look to use a few "season long loans with an option" from abroad - there will be plenty of players who just want to put themselves in the English shop window and this is low risk if we go down.

b) buy a couple of the best young players in the Championship that look like they can make it, they will stay if we go down unless we're offered Ashley Young style money.

c) sign one or two veteran Premier league players with lots of experience

I think what we shouldn't do is go splashing millions on mediocre players from Prem clubs and I don't think we will.

That article is naive in that the "journalist" for want a of a better word who wrote it has forgotten that any game is XI versus XI and that two out of three clubs promoted usually survive more than one season, but make no mistake - if we go up life will be tough.

umm :laugh: Deja vu?, didn't they say we would struggle to compete in the Championship against the uber big teams like Sheff, Norwich, Ipswich, Charlton.....PALACE?! :w00t:

We stuffed them all so STFU!! don't patronize us if we go up,and say we cant do a job on the Fulhams, Stokes, WBA and Sunderlands of this world, because with GJ & SL running things we will.

Just need to beat Hull :pray::fingerscrossed:

Most of this is because Derby made such a mess of this season. The fact is that they were in a mess and gave up before they even started. They never even had any intention of competing.

What a lot of people seem to be ignoring are the teams who came down last year - Watford, Charlton and Sheffield Utd. Watford, OK they finished bottom and we know they're dreadful but they weren't as bad as Derby. Sheffield Utd were only sent down on the last day and arguably because of the Tevez thing, and Charlton were a good Premier League side for years before they got in a mess by appointing Dowie.

City have finished above all 3 of those teams this season and comprehensively outplayed 2 of them on at least one occasion. Staying up wouldn't be easy, but it would not be a foregone conclusion and I know that this team, and the manager, have a hell of a lot more fight in them than most.

I just saw the mirror article and sent it to my mate at work, this was his reply!......

"iv seen it before, he sounds preety clued up and has obviously watched a lot of the championship this season!

to be fair we've proved that we cant match middlesbrough over the last two seasons fa cups (its not like we took them to pens in the 2nd leg wen we were in league 1)

and fulham surely cant be beaten by lower opposition, particularly teams from bristol!!! as there a massive club and are there on merit

also sunderland have proved u can avoid relegation after promotion

we also have more money than wigan and also have fans so why cant we do what there doing? or better (and a pitch that i even wouldnt refuse to play on!)

finally we would play bolton off the park because we pass it, a theory lost on megson and allardyce"

Well i thought it was funny!

Patronizing bastard is'nt he ?

If it's all so bloody cut-and-dried, how is it that the FA cup final is being contested by an unfashionable middle-of-the table Premier League side and a Championship outfit ?

It's just another example of simplistic smart-arse "journalism" for which,I am sorry to say, the English tabloid press is famous. (although Australia is not free of it either).

I'll bet that there will be no retraction when this scribbler is proved hopelessly wrong.

Archived