IGNORED

Next Seasons Relegation Sorted

Clevedon Red

What a total C@#k!!! Didnt realsie Warnock wrote for the Mirror. Think if we get to the promised land we stay up through pure grit and determination. Johno has done a fantastic job of getting the players to believe they can get there and if he offers them a chance to stay and play as he did this year i reckon they'll take the opportunity and relish it and prove the pundits wrong. Walking to Miners last year after Rotherham we're joking about putting bet on for City going up. What odds? Will do it this time for the first season survival! Saving the article and all being well this time next year send it back 1000 times. All do this and lock the T#$ts email up

I've always considered The Mirror the worst paper on the market anyway. Pure drivel.

Surely the FA Cup this season shows that the Championship bar has been raised this season with the fact three of the semi finalists came from our league. :dunno:

Typical lazy journalism from an ignorant man with no knowledge of footie outside the top flight.

The implication seems to be that because it's a Hull vs City final, the typical relegation threatened clubs will be happy about it. So, by extension, would they be quaking in their boots if the final was Palace vs Watford? Both teams that have been up before, and guess what, bounced back down pretty quickly.

The bloke has been tasked with writing a story, and took the cheap, brainless option. Which is sad, because there would be a much more heart-warming, and interesting, story about either Hull or City getting promotion.

Who can we attract here? Look at it alot of the players that joined in last set of glory years still live here and not so glory but ok are still about too. Why? Cause the sw is a nice region to be in with cornwall and the like easily accessible. Once we go big time players will be itching to come here instead of moving to play in cities which are miserable and cold and wet 10 months of year. Wouldn't you??

I don't get all the talk about the Championship being crap this year. All the evidence points to it being 1 of the strongest years ever. 3 FA cup semi-finalists, last year's relegated teams with money to throw around doing piss poor, last year's league 1 promoted teams struggling to make an impression except us.

I mean the 21st best team in our league has beaten Man Utd and Blackburn, the 19th best team have beaten Liverpool and Chelsea, blah.

Who can we attract here? Look at it alot of the players that joined in last set of glory years still live here and not so glory but ok are still about too. Why? Cause the sw is a nice region to be in with cornwall and the like easily accessible. Once we go big time players will be itching to come here instead of moving to play in cities which are miserable and cold and wet 10 months of year. Wouldn't you??

I was at the Mall at Cribbs last night and went into Currys Digital (aka Dixons) to try and find out the Hull-v-Watford score, I overheard some spotty little shop assistant pontificating "why would some one join Bristol City even if they get in the Premier League". It was all I could do to stop myself going over and lamping the little ####!!

If they don't want to come to the best club in the South West and miss out on our Premier League adventure :fingerscrossed: - then it's their loss!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If we get promoted this will be just the tip of the iceberg. Our club will be reported on like a circus freakshow with predictions such as "they won't get a single point all season" and questions like "should they be allowed in the Premier League and would it be better for a means test to be introduced?". The area as a whole will no doubt be ridiculed by the London press too.

With a few decent players who are better than they are given credit for, more money to spend than Derby and a far better manager than they have got I reckon we would do enough to avoid the sort of embarrassment predicted. And if that is achieved it is up to us to ensure that these lazy, incompetent and amatuer hacks get what is coming to them - it is not difficult with the invention of e-mail!!

People expected us to fail in the Championship and probably just stay up. They are eating their words now. People expect us and Hull to fail in the Premier League, will they be eating them again?

I think if the right players are brought in, they will look very silly in 12 months time.

You are all talking about who will want to come to us. OK, The Cesc Fabrigas, Drogba's of the world may not, but at least some medium world class players will. Why? Because it's the Premier League and many African based players, some European players, even South American players will want to test themselves in the Premier League. They may well ask who is Bristol City/Hull City, but their agents will say, they are Premier League who cares!

You can forget the 'top four' buying these medium world class players, they will go for the top players, problem is, this is why people are turning off the TV when these teams play as it's become boring. Even Kevin Keegan admitted it has the potential to become boring. So much so the Championship is now becoming interesting for fans around the world.

We are moving towards being a 'bigger' club in terms of the new stadium and new training gound, so my question to the journallist from the countries most boring paper is, "what makes you qualified to make this assumption?".

MM

People expected us to fail in the Championship and probably just stay up. They are eating their words now. People expect us and Hull to fail in the Premier League, will they be eating them again?

I think if the right players are brought in, they will look very silly in 12 months time.

You are all talking about who will want to come to us. OK, The Cesc Fabrigas, Drogba's of the world may not, but at least some medium world class players will. Why? Because it's the Premier League and many African based players, some European players, even South American players will want to test themselves in the Premier League. They may well ask who is Bristol City/Hull City, but their agents will say, they are Premier League who cares!

You can forget the 'top four' buying these medium world class players, they will go for the top players, problem is, this is why people are turning off the TV when these teams play as it's become boring. Even Kevin Keegan admitted it has the potential to become boring. So much so the Championship is now becoming interesting for fans around the world.

We are moving towards being a 'bigger' club in terms of the new stadium and new training gound, so my question to the journallist from the countries most boring paper is, "what makes you qualified to make this assumption?".

MM

Spot on.

A lot of the players you mention WILL want to come to either Hull or Us, beacuse it is the Prem.

Don't get me wrong they will almost undoubtedly show zero loyalty to the successful team, but they will look at it that it is a shop window and possibly use us as a stepping stone to a "bigger" club - eg Berbatov (sorry Spurs fans I know you aren't a "small" club, but you know what I mean).

I think the key to all of it is Pete Johnson and his scouting. We probably need to get players currently under the radar of "established" prem and top European clubs, as if they are already in the public domain, then regardless how attractive our fair city is to live in, they will probably go to a more "established" team.

Look, this is exactly what I would write if I was a journalist - it's a decent story and it makes sense. Who on earth could possibly expect us to compete in the Premier League?

HOWEVER, it couldn't be better for us or Hull that people are already writing these stories. People expect us to do nothing at all next season - imagine what the reaction will be if we surprise people? We will be the biggest football news story in the country, and perhaps even in the world. We will have absolutely nothing to lose: we will either confirm people's expectations or confound them, but we can't do any worse than people are predicting. If we can only get past Hull City on 24th May, the scene is set for the potentially most remarkable season in City's history.

I'm loving the fact that us and Hull have got to the play-off final instead of those boring ever yo-yoing london clubs that the media like.

It's great to be unfashionable.

As for getting players in, you just need to look at the quotes this season from Elliott and Byfield since they have joined us about how much they loved being in Bristol and away from the bright lights of London. All we need to do is get any players that we want to sign in Bristol and get them talking to the current squad about how much they love life down here........it's a major selling point for many of the players here and once they got here......they have loved it.

Thinking about who we might bring in if we beat Hull - what interests me is who is going to help GJ with this? He clearly knows his way round the type of player who can make a difference in Div 1 / CCC but he has no experience of trading prem standard players does he? Will he do what curbishley did at charlton, and use some sort of database of available players? Not being negative about GJ - just interested in the whether it's reasonable to expect him to know where to find the players we will need. How can our current scouting network be geared up to look for players of prem quality?

By the way - I love us being in the CCC - having a brilliant time this season - worried about whats going to happen to the spirit of the place if we do go up. I hate everything that the prem represents, love everything about the CCC.

If us/Hull and Stoke are destined to go down.. how the hell have Wigan and Fulham stayed up for so long!

"Not that they have interesting towns or stadiums to visit" - How about ###### off then! God I hate ignorant pri*ks like this!

Thinking about who we might bring in if we beat Hull - what interests me is who is going to help GJ with this? He clearly knows his way round the type of player who can make a difference in Div 1 / CCC but he has no experience of trading prem standard players does he? Will he do what curbishley did at charlton, and use some sort of database of available players? Not being negative about GJ - just interested in the whether it's reasonable to expect him to know where to find the players we will need. How can our current scouting network be geared up to look for players of prem quality?

By the way - I love us being in the CCC - having a brilliant time this season - worried about whats going to happen to the spirit of the place if we do go up. I hate everything that the prem represents, love everything about the CCC.

What rubbish! He didn't have any experience of League One or the Championship until he walked right through them!

What rubbish! He didn't have any experience of League One or the Championship until he walked right through them!

You having a bad day or something? :noexpression: I'm not questioning his track record. I'm asking whether anyone feels that he's going to need a bit of additional support when it comes to prem players. IMO he will ask for it, and be given it. Making a mistake with a £4-5M acquisition is a different thing to one costing £100,000's, and GJ will be conscious of this.

You having a bad day or something? :noexpression: I'm not questioning his track record. I'm asking whether anyone feels that he's going to need a bit of additional support when it comes to prem players. IMO he will ask for it, and be given it. Making a mistake with a £4-5M acquisition is a different thing to one costing £100,000's, and GJ will be conscious of this.

But you are questioning his track record. Why would he need someone to "help" him?

Strange posts, on this forum you have one lot saying City might survive in the Premier League, and another lot saying it will be alot harder next year in the Championship if City don't succeed.

The gulf between these 2 divisions is massive. The prem is full of young fast skillful players week in and week out. There are no easy teams. As Derby found out, and they pi$$ed the championship when they went up.

Archived