IGNORED

Sexstone

Jordan Tansley

never really liked the idea of financial people having involvement in football, the game is movin away from the working class fast enough without the greedy fat cats taking their percentage

this guy has done an alright job on our financial front, not brilliant but not bad, but in terms of helping us(the fans- the meaning behind the game, the ones who spend every waking minute thinking and talking about the game, the ones who spend the extortionate prices he sets to watch what has been an underachieving team for many years) the guy is an absolute joke

for too long have the fans been treated as scum, by police, and the clubs, but this is too far.

i am a season ticket holder so getting a ticket was simple enough, but personally i would have loved the opportunity to choose where i will sit! i love too sing and dance around like an idiot but i will most probably be surrounded by our good friends from the williams.

and now all these fans who have not got a ticket on general sale, whilst the glory brigade are out in there thousands, the same ones who have single handidly halved the noise broadcast by the eastend in recent months, and were most likely part of the few hundred who watched the sags lose to WBA. i don't have a problem with these people at all, i just think it is a pretty basic idea that the football club should already have a points system so non season ticket holders can get priority for big matches rather than mr occasionall getting his hands on them.

mr sexstone certainly doesnt have a problem with them, as they will help boost his profits, and ticketmaster certainley wont care, why would they?

i find some of the decisions recently quite sickening, and i think maybe it is time the club pay the fans back off the pitch aswell as on the pitch

the players are doing their bit, and nobody can fault anybodies efforts on the playing and coaching staff, i just feel its time for a shakeup behind the scenes as this has been the case with city for many a year

CTID

Many of the things you mentioned Sextone has had no control over, as far as the tickets are concerned it was always going to be a lose lose situation for City as your not going to please everyone all of the time.

The club haven't been in such a great postion on and off the pitch in very long time. These are happy days for Bristol City FC .

Lets not try and dent that eh,especially before one of the biggest days in our clubs history !

i am honestly not trying to dent it, i have felt this way about the chap for many moons, to be honest i thought it was his decision to use ticket master and to not use a pay at the ground system

but if i'm wrong then i wasted 5 mins writing it

oh well

i still think the fans should always come first no matter how difficult it is to make everyone happy a little effort would not go a miss

and on the points system, that sort of thing has been in place at clubs around the country for many years, next year i've heard we are using card based STs which leaves scope for such a change but its all a bot late in my opinion

que sera sera and all that

Many of the things you mentioned Sextone has had no control over, as far as the tickets are concerned it was always going to be a lose lose situation for City as your not going to please everyone all of the time.

The club haven't been in such a great postion on and off the pitch in very long time. These are happy days for Bristol City FC .

Lets not try and dent that eh,especially before one of the biggest days in our clubs history !

I don't know who is responsible so I'm not going to name names BUT somebody at Bristol City definitely had control over the ticketing.

While you will never get 100% fairness, it is blatantly obvious that somebody has ####ed up BIG TIME.

As I have said elsewhere today and a few days ago, what should have happened, as a very minimum, is that Saturday should have been opened up to:

- Shareholders

- New season ticket holders for next year

- Supporters Trust and Supporters Club members

- Anyone else on the Bristol City database

That way any genuine Bristol City fan, even if they have attended irregularly, would have got a ticket.

Instead, somebody has taken the lazy and couldnt care less option, with the result that genuine fans have lost out to glory hunters and touts.

The club should come clean - somebody has made a BIG mistake, or they Couldnt Care Less.

Its as simple as that.

well i guess if you are sat with someone in the williams, at least that they will have actually been to a game this season. I am sure there will be plenty there who havent been for a couple of years but have season ticket holder friends who have gotten them their tickets. Te previous threads are quite right, the regular non season ticket fans, which is what I am should have been given a priority in the form of ticket stubs as a priority. Sexstone is terrible, perhaps a couple of rounds of some well voiced chant at wembley and he might get the idea.

well i guess if you are sat with someone in the williams, at least that they will have actually been to a game this season. I am sure there will be plenty there who havent been for a couple of years but have season ticket holder friends who have gotten them their tickets. Te previous threads are quite right, the regular non season ticket fans, which is what I am should have been given a priority in the form of ticket stubs as a priority. Sexstone is terrible, perhaps a couple of rounds of some well voiced chant at wembley and he might get the idea.

You genius!

Biggest game City have played in very long time and you'd rather chant about Sexstone then get behind the team. :disapointed2se:

Also are you positive it was Sexstones decision to use ticketmaster? If so please share how you know this information!

we're not perfect but then, there'll be mny a man utd fan m oaning about not getting tickets to russia this weds.

one of those i'm afraid!

would you or anyone else be able to run it any better?

we all know what could/should be done but is the infrastructure there to deliver it?

FFS how is any of this Colin Sexstone's 'fault'? We all know that there's no way on earth that the normal ticket office arrangements would have worked for this game, so outsourcing the arrangements to Ticketmaster (which is what I assumed happened for the Palace games) was a sensible idea, I don't think there's any choice other than Ticketmaster for Wembley games and having successfully used them for Six Nations tickets amongst other things I have no complaints about them.

Don't get me wrong, it's a damn shame that there are so many people who want to go but can't but having a pop at Sexstone is totally counterproductive.

How long has this club been saying that if you want to guarantee watching Bristol City, the only way is to buy a season ticket? If you don't want to for whatever reason that's fine, but risking missing games like this one is is the real price.

I just made this exact point in a new thread and had it removed.

You genius!

Biggest game City have played in very long time and you'd rather chant about Sexstone then get behind the team. :disapointed2se:

Also are you positive it was Sexstones decision to use ticketmaster? If so please share how you know this information!

Hey hold on, the only reason I can do this is because I drew the right length straw and got through on ticketmaster, and if I did try to start a chant it wouldnt get too far because of the 15000 who are there but have no idea who the guy is, and will be asking things like, "hmmm, I used to like Joe jordan, why isnt he playing" and "hmm are we playing in red". You surely cant agree that this has been fairly done.

In addition, well I don't know for sure who did the ticketmaster deal, but such a policy would have to be signed off by someone fairly senior. finally, to the person who said the club had no alternative. firstly, Hull managed to sell their allocation themselves so why couldnt we, and secondly if sexstone is ultimately responsible for the sale of tickets, he has had years to get it right, and still cant manage it.

The sooner the guy realises that the core support of City is mainly from the southern parts of bristol, with others coming from further afield, and that these people like to jump around, not eat prawn sandwiches or wear a tie to football the happier we will all be.

FFS how is any of this Colin Sexstone's 'fault'? We all know that there's no way on earth that the normal ticket office arrangements would have worked for this game, so outsourcing the arrangements to Ticketmaster (which is what I assumed happened for the Palace games) was a sensible idea, I don't think there's any choice other than Ticketmaster for Wembley games and having successfully used them for Six Nations tickets amongst other things I have no complaints about them.

Don't get me wrong, it's a damn shame that there are so many people who want to go but can't but having a pop at Sexstone is totally counterproductive.

There are other companies to use other than ticketmaster and clubs and the club could have used a variety of methods to sell tickets like numerous other clubs have which reward loyalty over non attendance.

Somebody made this decision and it is fair to know who and their reasoning because it has gone very badly wrong.

The club is as good as it gets and that is because of people like Sexton, Lansdown, Johnson and everyone else at the club. Yes they make mistakes like most and you are never going to please everyone. Ticket master was the logical way to go about selling lickets as they are set up fot it. If BCFC would have handled it then we would have problems such as 30,000 people trying to get through to 5 operators, you would have been on hold all day.

I can understand the fustration if supporters that have watched the city this season but have missed out to people who have not been at all. My mate wanted a ticket but he has never been to Ashton Gate so there is no way in the world i would have given him one.

BCFC ackowledge this problem and have introduced a loyaty points system for next season, no good for this week but it shows they do listen and are doing things that are right for the fans.

I believe that the only mistake they made was to let people buy 4 tickets each. A lot of people were buying 4 just for the sake of it and selling them to mates/ family etc. Hull were selling 2 at a time and they are didnt sell out on Sunday.

Can I ask all these so called City fans who can't have season tickets for whatever reason, why they didn't join City 2000? This was set up to help supporters just like this. My brother, who lives up north and goes to away games, is a member so he has his tickets for Wembley.

The abuse for Sexstone is idiotic. Are people really saying that tickets should have been sold at AG? Ridiculous. We had a limited period of time and don't forget increasing the number of databases Ticket Master had to check would all add to costs and complexity of using them. I bought my tickets at 9am on Thursday and they arrived 8.30 Saturday. Sure beats the 6 hours of queuing last time.

In my opinion it was handled well.

The club is as good as it gets and that is because of people like Sexton, Lansdown, Johnson and everyone else at the club. Yes they make mistakes like most and you are never going to please everyone. Ticket master was the logical way to go about selling lickets as they are set up fot it. If BCFC would have handled it then we would have problems such as 30,000 people trying to get through to 5 operators, you would have been on hold all day.

I can understand the fustration if supporters that have watched the city this season but have missed out to people who have not been at all. My mate wanted a ticket but he has never been to Ashton Gate so there is no way in the world i would have given him one.

BCFC ackowledge this problem and have introduced a loyaty points system for next season, no good for this week but it shows they do listen and are doing things that are right for the fans.

I believe that the only mistake they made was to let people buy 4 tickets each. A lot of people were buying 4 just for the sake of it and selling them to mates/ family etc. Hull were selling 2 at a time and they are didnt sell out on Sunday.

agree with all of that - and think that to blame sexton for this is just typical city-fans desire to find *somebody* to be the pantomine villian - and as we're all agreed that Lee Johnson is a good little player now, looks like we're back to Sexton!

don't think 4 tickets limit on sunday was a mistake though - if you say that, you're basically banning families from going unless they have a season ticket, which seems a little harsh.

also don't think that thousands of tickets fell into the hands of touts - a few hundred maybe, but for every tout there would have been thousands of people with an affinity to Bristol City that just wanted to get to the game, who were on the phonelines too And that's the problem here -we're a massive city, with many people with an affinity to the club but not much incentive to get down there. And they all hit the phone lines on sunday along with everyone else, and we sold out. sad, but true.

finally - think that loads of people brought extras because X, Y and Z might come along with them - and this week they'll be finding out that X already has one from a mate, Y now can't get a pass from his wife, and Z can't afford it, etc - so loads will be changing hands, and for face value too. I lost out on the Preston game but got two at face value on the forum within minutes (thanks daisybcfc - good seats!); sure if people stay alert and be persistent many will get sorted out that way too.

Can't everyone shut up about Sexstone ? No one can be sure who is to blame apart from the club as a whole ... You are using Sexstone as a scapegoat and it really needs to stop .our club is flying high and relatively financially sound (especially compared to any of our local neighbours!) I know the ticket fiasco is more than painful but blaming it blindly on individuals will only build up long lasting animosity towards that person and it could end up being nothing to do with them .... Facts first then point the finger , but please until then give it a rest :disapointed2se:

UpTheCity :fingerscrossed:

I am get irriatated.

Get your head out of your butt, like it or not football is a business, oh and believe it or not City are running a bloody good one - Thats a whole topic and not for this day. Why oh why do we always have to have a scapegoat for something at this club? If its not a section of the crowd gettign on a players back it is giving the board a hard time.

FFS Grow up get behind the team get over the fact if you are not happy with something and take it up after the game. WE ALL SHOULD BE BEHIND THE TEAM END OFF!

Can I ask all these so called City fans who can't have season tickets for whatever reason, why they didn't join City 2000? This was set up to help supporters just like this. My brother, who lives up north and goes to away games, is a member so he has his tickets for Wembley.

The abuse for Sexstone is idiotic. Are people really saying that tickets should have been sold at AG? Ridiculous. We had a limited period of time and don't forget increasing the number of databases Ticket Master had to check would all add to costs and complexity of using them. I bought my tickets at 9am on Thursday and they arrived 8.30 Saturday. Sure beats the 6 hours of queuing last time.

Spot on!!!

I too got mine on Thursday morning picked where I wanted to sit and got my tickets on Sat am!! Great!!

Last time we were at the play offs I stood at the gate for hours got sun burn and wasted a whjole day! This experience was alot better!!

All I can say is to try and blame people for this is rediculous and the quicker people realise this the better!!

All this sourness towards the club just before the biggest game in our history is crazy! Just get down the pub have a beer and enjoy!! Then look forward to watching prem football next season, when no doubt the same people will be maoning when they can't get a ticket for the Man U or Arsenal game, as they didn't buy a season ticket!!!!

:disapointed2se:

This is the most pathetic thing I have read in a long time...

Fair enough, a lot of people are upset at missing out on a ticket, but how anyone can have the nerve to sit at their computer and start bleating on about it being Sexton's fault is beyond me.

I can;t work out the mentality that some people have, mainly that there should always be someone to blame when they don't get their own way.

All season long the club has been telling fans through the official site, that the only way to be sure that you get to watch your team is to buy a season ticket. For those who couldn't get one at the start of the year, there was the half season tickets. For those who didn't want one of those, there was the City 2000 (pretty sure it's still called that, but I'm sure you know what I mean).

Fans that come to every game, but missed out on a wembley ticket, should maybe think about some form of commitment to the club by way of one of the three options I just mentioned.

Stop trying to blame the club, the directors, the ticket agent that was hired by city and did exactly what they were supposed to in handling the distribution of a large number of tickets in a very short space of time and just get behind the team for once...

You Reds!

Oi, i'm the original portishead red! :innocent06:

I haven't replied to a single ticketing thread, but this one has compeled me to do so. Well Done Sir!

I just do not understand the problem here. If you bought a season ticket at the start of the season you were guaranteed a pair of tickets. Great news, take your mate, a family member, someone it means something to. So that's 18000ish 'die hard' fans within the ground.

How do you allocate the remainer fairly? Well the fairest possible way is an open first come first serve approach. I know people don't like it, but that's life. I have mates i had season tickets with whn we were 14, they now play to a good standard on a saturday and only make evening games. They are city through and through though, and they got tickets. My uncles all took me when i was a nipper, they couldn't get tickets because they didn't get through. A mates mate booked a ticket back from Bermuda, not seeing one game this year or the last, but would still consider himself to be a proper fan.

My point is, there are probably in excess of 60,000 city fans, all of which will call themselves true fans, but aren't able to commit every week. Therefore there is no fair way of rewarding these people, other than an open line. Sorry if you missed out, buy a season ticket and you wont. Other than that, City did it in exactly the right way. I commend the club for it's organisation and maximised income.

for too long have the fans been treated as scum, by police, and the clubs, but this is too far.

i am a season ticket holder so getting a ticket was simple enough, but personally i would have loved the opportunity to choose where i will sit! i love too sing and dance around like an idiot but i will most probably be surrounded by our good friends from the williams.

CTID

Have a bit more respect for the guys in the Williams - they were probably supporting City when you were still in nappies!! You'd better hope you are sat next to a Williams support rather than a daytripper!

Ps - Against Palace they were as loud as anywhere else in the ground you whipper snapper!

whipper snapper? alright mate,

wow the williams sang for 1 game!!!! well done... and no, no you wernt not in any way at all... just no.

right let me get this right, it is completely stupid to blame some1 at the club for this shambles!!! surley there positions within the club(if its not sextone then fine but someone has well and truely buggered up) mean they must take responsibility

and there is absolutely no way we could sell the tickets at the ground(not seen what hull have done then?, and they sold it all a day quicker than us)

singing against him is not whats needed at all though

i have friends who cant afford to go much, but when they do they love it, and the were season ticket holders for years before the onset of the good old fashion debts, so i am bitterly dissapointed that i cant share the day with them, thats why i posted, because i want someone to be held responsible for this shambles, maybe i got the person wrong, but it seemed from recent interviews that this side of the club is ultimately in his hands

2000 extra tickets is good... but those fans are buggered that were forementioned, using ticket master has made this far too easy for ticket touts, for that alone someone should be held accountable.

Didn't we just sell tickets for the palace game at rather short notice ? Why couldn't we do this for priority groups and give people a choice of seats like Hull did .The reality was it was easier to outsource and probably more profitable.

Didn't we just sell tickets for the palace game at rather short notice ? Why couldn't we do this for priority groups and give people a choice of seats like Hull did .The reality was it was easier to outsource and probably more profitable.

I think I'm right in saying that we used Ticket Master for the Palace game didn't we?

Archived