IGNORED

Sexstone

Jordan Tansley

I haven't replied to a single ticketing thread, but this one has compeled me to do so. Well Done Sir!

I just do not understand the problem here. If you bought a season ticket at the start of the season you were guaranteed a pair of tickets. Great news, take your mate, a family member, someone it means something to. So that's 18000ish 'die hard' fans within the ground.

How do you allocate the remainer fairly? Well the fairest possible way is an open first come first serve approach. I know people don't like it, but that's life. I have mates i had season tickets with whn we were 14, they now play to a good standard on a saturday and only make evening games. They are city through and through though, and they got tickets. My uncles all took me when i was a nipper, they couldn't get tickets because they didn't get through. A mates mate booked a ticket back from Bermuda, not seeing one game this year or the last, but would still consider himself to be a proper fan.

My point is, there are probably in excess of 60,000 city fans, all of which will call themselves true fans, but aren't able to commit every week. Therefore there is no fair way of rewarding these people, other than an open line. Sorry if you missed out, buy a season ticket and you wont. Other than that, City did it in exactly the right way. I commend the club for it's organisation and maximised income.

Well done that man. I posted a thread of similar vein and had a fair bit of abuse.

Why do we assume that all those who got tickets are 'prawn sandwich' fans? My betting is that there is some commitment being as they were up at 9am on a Sunday morning, had taken the effort to find out the phone number and the phone line opening time, and were willing to shell out up to £98!!! I know I wouldn't go on what is going to be a £200 day for anyone but City or England.

Somebodys head should role for the fiasco. They obviously realise they got it wrong by the priority groups they have assigned for the 2000 extra tickets.

In the free for all on Sunday, I am guessing that there was no restriction on who they sold tickets to. Am I right? Is it true that even people who have Hull addresses could have bought tickets?

Does this mean that we could have a mix of Hull and BCFC fans in the West End?

I fear that the touts have a load in their hands. I hope fans going give them verbal when they ask if anyone wants to buy tickets. Tell them where to stuff their tickets!

I know it is no consolation, but I do think that the club have learned a lesson from this one.

whipper snapper? alright mate,

wow the williams sang for 1 game!!!! well done... and no, no you wernt not in any way at all... just no.

Actually, I was in the East End for that match. I'm just saying that different people have different ways of supporting their team (same in any club) and we should respect that and not knock them.

FFS how is any of this Colin Sexstone's 'fault'? We all know that there's no way on earth that the normal ticket office arrangements would have worked for this game, so outsourcing the arrangements to Ticketmaster (which is what I assumed happened for the Palace games) was a sensible idea, I don't think there's any choice other than Ticketmaster for Wembley games and having successfully used them for Six Nations tickets amongst other things I have no complaints about them.

Don't get me wrong, it's a damn shame that there are so many people who want to go but can't but having a pop at Sexstone is totally counterproductive.

Why do you reckon that the City ticket office would be unable to manage? Even prior to electronic ticketting methods we were able to distribute 38000 tickets for games at Ashton Gate. I can even recall us drawing an FA cup game against the Sags at Ashton Gate on the Saturday. The replay was at Eastville the following Tuesday (3 days later!!) , they managed to distribute35000 tickets in that couple of days. Why should it all be so difficult now?

not a fan of steve lansdown then either?

ill be honest, i was one of those who disagreed with the tactics in getting us out of league 1 by SL, but i cant argue with him because 10 years in hell and only needing 1 year in purgatory is better than i could have wished for.

he doesnt get involved really though does he, he leaves the football side of the club to football people, the ticketing of a big game is i suppose not only about the football but also about maximising profit for the club. so i am wrong to expect the fat cats to keep away from the football element of the club when such a situation as this arises

Archived