IGNORED

Always Believe Banner

Percy Parrot

ok all,

I am trying to get a large ALWAYS BELIEVE banner made for Wembley but will need to make a decision quickly.

The banner will be 20ft x 3ft, with the club badge on the left hand side and then ALWAYS BELIEVE written in white lettering on a red background. Cost - around £150.

I am not trumping up that sort of £ on my own - does anyone else want in? Perhaps if a few of us put £5-£10 in?

Any pledges I expect to be followed through with - so please don't promise £10 if you have no intention of giving it to me - I will take your word.

If we can start of with people pledging £10 at a time? If we get a great response then maybe it will only cost £5 each. We need to raise the money very quickly mind to get it done in time. (oh, and who looks after it I don't mind. I am happy to but if someone else wants to then no worries- as long as they look after it! Maybe we will find a permanent home for it at Ashton Gate)

I will begin - £10.

People - over to you....

ok all,

I am trying to get a large ALWAYS BELIEVE banner made for Wembley but will need to make a decision quickly.

The banner will be 20ft x 3ft, with the club badge on the left hand side and then ALWAYS BELIEVE written in white lettering on a red background. Cost - around £150.

I am not trumping up that sort of £ on my own - does anyone else want in? Perhaps if a few of us put £5-£10 in?

Any pledges I expect to be followed through with - so please don't promise £10 if you have no intention of giving it to me - I will take your word.

If we can start of with people pledging £10 at a time? If we get a great response then maybe it will only cost £5 each. We need to raise the money very quickly mind to get it done in time. (oh, and who looks after it I don't mind. I am happy to but if someone else wants to then no worries- as long as they look after it! Maybe we will find a permanent home for it at Ashton Gate)

I will begin - £10.

People - over to you....

I will give £10 even though i wont be there PM your paypal and i will send it now if you going to do it cos i leave the country early tomorrow morn if it doesnt happen just bounce the money back to me.

£10 from me

Hopefully you won't get screwed this time around, I still haven't forgotten those who owe you money for the ballons last time.

Easiest way to send money to you?

Before you go any further it is worth cheking and double checking with the club that you will be allowed this into Wembley.

The big fans flag made by England has never been allowed in, as it wasn't at the World Cup, and I don't recall seeing any big flags at the Cup Final. Officially I think 1m square is the max.

Wouldn't want you to waste time & effort so you do need to look into this asap.

ok all,

I will begin - £10.

People - over to you....

Percy i just checked with Wembeley and they wont allow a banner of this size into the ground Bummer but good idea balloons are the only other option. Only flags and banners that can be held by one person.

Thanks for brinign that to our attention Jungle Jim

Percy i just checked with Wembeley and they wont allow a banner of this size into the ground Bummer but good idea balloons are the only other option. Only flags and banners that can be held by one person.

Thanks for brinign that to our attention Jungle Jim

Good to see the authorities tackling the big issues as always.

It's just ridiculous.

it would appear we have been thwarted.

I called Wembley and had the same reply even though the written ground regulations (http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/ProhibitedItems/) only states "flag poles greater than 1m in length". Our bad boy certainly wouldn't be on a pole.

Anyone else care to ask? I would be well annoyed if we didn't do this just because someone has told us incorrect information by phone?

Assuming we can't take it to Wembley - does anyone want to go ahead for the future or shall we just worry about this later in the summer and see who wants in?

edit - could just buy it and take it with the ground regulations printed off the website to say "eerr...this isn't on a stick"

Good to see the authorities tackling the big issues as always.

It's just ridiculous.

I tried to have an argument with the woman though I thought it would be rather futile.

Apparently it's a safety hazard!?! Behave! Don't wake up in the morning ladies and gents - it can be dangerous. Breathing can be dangerous.

I did try to point out that if stadiums the size of Ashton Gate, Villa Park, Anfield etc etc. can fit them in I don't know why the 2nd biggest stadium in Europe can't!

Maybe not as impressive - but Bristol City - We Always Believe - would be about 30 or 32 XXLarge White T Shirts - one Big Letter on Each (with spaces) and handed out along a row would look pretty good - one size fits all? Bound to get on TV!!

I will get my coat - just an idea

We're going ahead and if it's not allowed in I'll stick it on a coach or in someone's car.

A big word for Paul at Signmarket too who has done us a brilliant deal.

I will send everyone details of how to get me money. If I end up with any spare (I think we just have the right amount) then I will put it in a charity collection if that's ok as I can't think of anything else worth putting it towards.

We're going ahead and if it's not allowed in I'll stick it on a coach or in someone's car.

A big word for Paul at Signmarket too who has done us a brilliant deal.

I will send everyone details of how to get me money. If I end up with any spare (I think we just have the right amount) then I will put it in a charity collection if that's ok as I can't think of anything else worth putting it towards.

Count me in Percy ive sent you an email i will get you the money.

Archived