IGNORED

Hartley (merged)

iWurzel

Let him leave then. I do like Hartley but at 33 he's not going to get any better. We need players 100% committed to the cause and considering his family are up in Scotland you could hardly blame him for wanting to leave.

We would miss his experience though.

If he is that adamant that he wants to leave then maybe he should stop telling everyone else and ask the club to make him available for transfer!

Oh, silly me, he wouldn't be able to claim a years salary from us if he actually asked for a transfer.

He is taking the mick TBH!

I think you guys might be mis-reading this. He spoke with honesty and diplomacy for my money; honesty by saying he does not know if BCFC want him and i am sure he is waiting for that to be confirmed and diplomacy by saying he would keep his options open. He obviously needs to do the latter if he is unsure of the former.

One caveat to that of course is that Coppell seems to have said he sees no players moving out but until such time as the two sit down and discuss his future, and that means will he be in or near the first team, then i don't think it is wise to jump to any conclusions by naturally ambiguous radio show remarks.

To me listening to that interview, there has been talks between the clubs he wants out, hearts want him back badly, and therefore city shouldnt want a player that doesnt want to play. there are younger beta players.

"Beta" is the software development phase following alpha, named after the Greek letter beta. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software for free or for a reduced price.

=

Man Utd youth team?:innocent06:

"Beta" is the software development phase following alpha, named after the Greek letter beta. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software for free or for a reduced price.

:blush: Yeah, that's what I thought. Honest!

Didn't sound like anything other than him being honest as havanatopia says. A little naive maybe because he ought to know that football fans overreact (see this thread!) but not unprofessional or begging to leave at all. If anything, realistic.

From what I can read into it he is waiting on his talk with SC to see what position he is in :) If he is still wanted I'm sure he will stay, but if he is surplus (can't see why he would be) then he could make the move back up to Scotland. He's here to get us to the Prem he has said that before and you can see how passionate a player he is on the field and the fact that he was commuting back to scotland rather than packing up and quitting.

A lot of Hearts fans would love him to return according to postings on their site ...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/75347-hartley-on-radio-scotland-hinting-at-return-to-hearts/

Don't blame him tho for wanting to move back there if that's what he and his family want. Like others have said, he's not the youngest and we could quite easily bring in a better replacement that could play many more games and a full 90 mins. Hearts the 3rd best team in Scotland? Probably, that's why it is S***!

The best midfield tosser at this club.

I hope he stays, but if he wants away then fair enough - let him go.

I don't think he's a tosser, but he's not the best midfielder at the club, either. Skuse is.

I don't think he's a tosser, but he's not the best midfielder at the club, either. Skuse is.

And Elliot when at his best? I know he didn't have a great season last year, but few City players did. Would certainly fit the box-to-box midfielder role that most people believe Coppell will go for. Hartley was great at times and mediocre at others. I seriously don't think he will stay and play the majority of games next season. If so, it's even more important to bring in a good attacking (and creative) midfielder.

We need players 100% commited to the cause and at 33 he's hardly irreplaceable. If he stays then fair enough, but if he goes then I for one will not be overly worried. It'd be good to see some younger blood in there anyway and even though he appeared a player of passion, it seems he does want a move back to Scotland deep down.

Look up Commitment in the Dictionary Mr Hartley. You'll find it under 'C'.

Can't stand this kind of paper talk. What nonsense to suggest that it depends what City want to do. He has a contract. That's the end of it until contract talks come up.

This does NOTHING to help the cause of the club in general. He'd have been better to simply say, I'm happy where I am but the interest is flattering.

If he's not happy, just keep it in house, not in the papers.

Not happy.

Archived