IGNORED

Hartley (merged)

iWurzel

I would be glad to see the back of him. I was talking to someone in the know this morning who said he is on in the region of 12K per week, what has he done to justify that it is a lot of money for a squad player.

...Do you mean aside from being the best player in most of the matches he played last season?

...Do you mean aside from being the best player in most of the matches he played last season?

Or the best passer in most of the games he played in last season? he is a fantastic passer of the ball but I can only think of one game where he was easily the best player and in that match he looked fu**ed after 75 minutes.

Or the best passer in most of the games he played in last season? he is a fantastic passer of the ball but I can only think of one game where he was easily the best player and in that match he looked fu**ed after 75 minutes.

Indeed he did tire, as a Scotsman over the age of 30 is liable to - however, he was the best player, and most inspirational player, in numerous matches.

Indeed he did tire, as a Scotsman over the age of 30 is liable to - however, he was the best player, and most inspirational player, in numerous matches.

I would'nt have him in my top 3 players for last season. He did okay in most games, but not the player I was expecting to see - and certainly not the player your describing.

I would'nt have him in my top 3 players for last season. He did okay in most games, but not the player I was expecting to see - and certainly not the player your describing.

No, well that would mean agreeing with me - and God forbid you ever did that...

Im fairly sure it was the Barnsley game that im thinking of where he was immense but that's the only game I can remember him being the player your describing. Like I said he is a good passer of the ball he is also a good reader of the game but his general effort for the team is no way near as good as we need IMO. You may see this as a worthwhile trade-off (a little less work for a little more class) but I don't think effort is something that can ever be traded.

In my oponion an international player with champions league experience on alot of money should offer a lot more than what Hartley did last season. He was good in possesion but when the opposition had the ball they just ran around him because his legs had gone leaving us open to the counter attack

In my oponion an international player with champions league experience on alot of money should offer a lot more than what Hartley did last season. He was good in possesion but when the opposition had the ball they just ran around him because his legs had gone leaving us open to the counter attack

Hence why an international player with champions league experience in playing for us, not Barcelona...

Guest oftbc

Whats with the sudden hatred of Hartley? People on here were pleasuring themselves on here last year when he joined. He was one of our better players in a otherwise poor season. If he did under perform I would say that was down to a certain ex manager Rather than Hartley. Hiss crossing and set piece ability is second to none, There is no one else at the club that can replicate that. England terribly missed Beckham's ability from a dead ball at the world cup. Yes if I'm honest I expected a little more from him but the same could be said about many players last season and the whole squad in general. Hartley contributed more than Elliott yet there doesn't seem to be a barrage of threads calling for him to leave.

Whats with the sudden hatred of Hartley? People on here were pleasuring themselves on here last year when he joined. He was one of our better players in a otherwise poor season. If he did under perform I would say that was down to a certain ex manager Rather than Hartley. Hiss crossing and set piece ability is second to none, There is no one else at the club that can replicate that. England terribly missed Beckham's ability from a dead ball at the world cup. Yes if I'm honest I expected a little more from him but the same could be said about many players last season and the whole squad in general. Hartley contributed more than Elliott yet there doesn't seem to be a barrage of threads calling for him to leave.

All of this.

Archived