IGNORED

Hartley (merged)

iWurzel

Look up Commitment in the Dictionary Mr Hartley. You'll find it under 'C'.

Can't stand this kind of paper talk. What nonsense to suggest that it depends what City want to do. He has a contract. That's the end of it until contract talks come up.

This does NOTHING to help the cause of the club in general. He'd have been better to simply say, I'm happy where I am but the interest is flattering.

If he's not happy, just keep it in house, not in the papers.

Not happy.

Top post mate!! Agree totally.

If Louis Carey played for Hearts and Radio Bristol asked him if he would be interested in a move to Bristol City, what would he say?

Some of those banging on about a lack of commitment would do well to recall some of Mr. Hartley's performances last season. On the grass (where it matters most) he has been one of the most committed players I have seen in a long time IMO.

Still, now he's had the nerve to allude to the fact that he might consider a move back to his former club, near his family, let's all pretend he's Tony Dinning!

:disapointed2se:

At the age of 33, he is past his peak and coming towards the end of his career, so if he wants to end it back up in Scotland, so be it, as good of a player he was/is, we can do alot better in a young hungry up and coming Midfielder, So let him go as IN MY OPINION, will equate to best interests for both parties.

For the record, I think Hartley is a fantastic footballer and in patches has shown that. His stamina is not the best but he has great experience, if you ask Cole about Harts he will tell you himself how important that is and how influencial Harts has been to him. If/when Harts leaves, we will not only need to replace him like for like or better, we will also need to replace his experienced head.

Don't barrack the lad for being honest, afterall isn't that what we ask for time and time again when it suits us of course.

Look up Commitment in the Dictionary Mr Hartley. You'll find it under 'C'.

Can't stand this kind of paper talk. What nonsense to suggest that it depends what City want to do. He has a contract. That's the end of it until contract talks come up.

This does NOTHING to help the cause of the club in general. He'd have been better to simply say, I'm happy where I am but the interest is flattering.

If he's not happy, just keep it in house, not in the papers.

Not happy.

I think he knows the meaning of commitment, hence why he is moving back to Scotland, to be with his wifeand kids.

I think it's quite refreshing to see a footballer speak so honestly, he's obviously missing his family alot and if you look at the bigger picture they are and should be his number one priority.

I think he knows the meaning of commitment, hence why he is moving back to Scotland, to be with his wifeand kids.

I think it's quite refreshing to see a footballer speak so honestly, he's obviously missing his family alot and if you look at the bigger picture they are and should be his number one priority.

His family certainly are his number one priority and I'm not suggesting he has to stay to prove commitment to us (if City are happy for him to move).

I'm saying paper talk is the wrong way of running this show.

He does have a contract and that does mean he should abide by that if City wish him to.

His family certainly are his number one priority and I'm not suggesting he has to stay to prove commitment to us (if City are happy for him to move).

I'm saying paper talk is the wrong way of running this show.

He does have a contract and that does mean he should abide by that if City wish him to.

I agree it's the wrong way of doing things, I thnk you get what you see with Harts, he wears his heart on his sleeve and is honest above anything else, in this case too honest if you are a Bristol City fan and brilliantly honest if you support Hearts.

I agree it's the wrong way of doing things, I thnk you get what you see with Harts, he wears his heart on his sleeve and is honest above anything else, in this case too honest if you are a Bristol City fan and brilliantly honest if you support Hearts.

Spot on.

It was mentioned several days ago....... somewhere, here or Ziderheads. Its down to cash for the Hartley retirement fund.

Hearts and Hartleys family want Paul in Scotland. City seem to be receptive to the idea, Hartley states that a Scottish shimmy would work for him.

Coppell wont want to take players to Sweden who are leaving ! Like Hartley and Orr, get it done and dusted before we leave, the same applies to signings, get them in and off to Sweden with the squad.

Hartley...... its about do we give him a pay off to move him along and how much do Hearts pay to encourage Hartleys move. Consider that Hartley gets a signing on fee from Hearts or a contract pay off from City.

Hartleys missus, the minder of the purse, will pull whatever strings put the most pounds the families way.

Thats life in a football family. He moves, he wants to move, his family want him to move, the two clubs need to resolve the numbers........ Its done!

It was mentioned several days ago....... somewhere, here or Ziderheads. Its down to cash for the Hartley retirement fund.

Hearts and Hartleys family want Paul in Scotland. City seem to be receptive to the idea, Hartley states that a Scottish shimmy would work for him.

Coppell wont want to take players to Sweden who are leaving ! Like Hartley and Orr, get it done and dusted before we leave, the same applies to signings, get them in and off to Sweden with the squad.

Hartley...... its about do we give him a pay off to move him along and how much do Hearts pay to encourage Hartleys move. Consider that Hartley gets a signing on fee from Hearts or a contract pay off from City.

Hartleys missus, the minder of the purse, will pull whatever strings put the most pounds the families way.

Thats life in a football family. He moves, he wants to move, his family want him to move, the two clubs need to resolve the numbers........ Its done!

I'd say City hold the cards here. B*llocks to player or agent power.

SL: "If you want to leave it will be at no expense to us, or you stay"

PH: "OK, I'll forego any payoff as this is what I want for my family, its not about the money"

SL: "See ya"

Lazy jounraslim ?

The whope piece seems to come from a single quote....

""I would never say never. I had a great time at Hearts and I know Jim Jefferies well, having spoken to him over the years""

Be a bit stupid to say i will never play for Hearts ever again or something to that manner..... (which is what appears to be demanded from a few posters...)

Lazy jounraslim ?

""I would never say never. I had a great time at Hearts and I know Jim Jefferies well, having spoken to him over the years""

Be a bit stupid to say i will never play for Hearts ever again or something to that manner..... (which is what appears to be demanded from a few posters...)

My thoughts exactly

Lazy jounraslim ?

Quite. If I was a Hearts fan I'd be pointing Mr. Hartley towards this forum.

Looks like Hearts want Hartley for nothing, well he is a BCFC player and until Mr Coppello says he doesn't need him, that is the way it will stay.

If Paul Hartley want a move back up north, then he will have to pay for it.

BCAGFC

How many footballers do you know, that play professionally, do it for the love of the club or for their own gain?

It amazes me, that people still think players will want to play for us, just because we are Bristol City. At this level, most professionals would play for any team in our league, as long as the contract paid the most, or opened doors for first team football, and the knock on bonus's that come with that. Even if it means moving on to get noticed and in the 'market window'.

If Hartley can get similar wages at Hearts, and be close to his family, of course he's going to choose the latter at this stage of his career. It is a job after all. We would all do the same.

Why should he have any loyalties to Bristol City? It's just a work contract to most professional footballers.

I think the reasoning of SC looking for young hungry players, looking to prove themselves, justifies his methods, in a day and age where in general there is no loyalty by players.

How many footballers do you know, that play professionally, do it for the love of the club or for their own gain?

It amazes me, that people still think players will want to play for us, just because we are Bristol City. At this level, most professionals would play for any team in our league, as long as the contract paid the most, or opened doors for first team football, and the knock on bonus's that come with that. Even if it means moving on to get noticed and in the 'market window'.

If Hartley can get similar wages at Hearts, and be close to his family, of course he's going to choose the latter at this stage of his career. It is a job after all. We would all do the same.

Why should he have any loyalties to Bristol City? It's just a work contract to most professional footballers.

I think the reasoning of SC looking for young hungry players, looking to prove themselves, justifies his methods, in a day and age where in general there is no loyalty by players.

Nail on head mate, well put!

Looking at it from another angle, what if this was the situation?

""I would never say never. I had a great time at Bristol City and I know Steve Coppell well, having spoken to him over the years"" says Matt Hill

Question and answer in one!

He has a contract so he has to do as BCFC tell him until it ends. Simple.

A work contract will always stipulate something along the lines of ..... "whilst employed you will act in the best interests of [insert employer]".

He's talking to Hearts because he doesn't know whether he's wanted next season. In a radio interview he said SC had spoken to him for about five minutes so far.

Now if he isn't in Steve's plans then it is better for Paul, and for Bristol City, if he sorts out a new club for the coming season instead of sitting back and picking up his salary. From what I have heard of Paul I would think if Steve said to him that he was the key midfield player and he wanted him to be captain for the season then PH would stop talking to Hearts and focus on his pre-season.

Question and answer in one!

He has a contract so he has to do as BCFC tell him until it ends. Simple.

A work contract will always stipulate something along the lines of ..... "whilst employed you will act in the best interests of [insert employer]".

Of course you are correct... but how many of us, that are in employment, are looking for better jobs, better pay, go to interviews, have our name at an agency that looks for better jobs for us, whilst in contract? It's the same for any footballer. You do the best for yourself and family, regardless of what your contract says.

Archived