IGNORED

M*ynard In Today's Football League Paper

Mighty Squirrel Kingdom

Just read this, wondered what everyone else makes of it.

The double page centre spread titled 'Maynard's A Hammer - In Nick Of Time'), includes a comment on the 'bottle' incident (at Coventry apparently):

'My family were getting food and coke bottles thrown at them, people were shouting abuse. Some others hung 'Judas' banners up. That's not really on.'

Last paragraph:

'And for new dad Maynard, the move to London comes with an added bonus.

"I've got a five month baby boy (Camden) now' he said. "And if he can't be Northern then I'd rather he grows up with a cockney accent than a Bristolian one."

(source: Football League Paper, Sunday February 5th 2012, pp 18-19, interview by Chris Dunlavy)

There was a banner at Coventry on Boxing Day, that is true, but the rest of it just the ramblings of a spolit individual who has read to many newspapers Its hypochritical in the extreme to talk about abuse and then in the next breath uses a strero type. I'm really not sure an offical League paper should be printing that last comment at any time and espeically in the current climate, double standards immidaitely springs to mind.

He got his move. He started his illustrious West Ham career the same way that he finished his City career picking splinters out of his Aris (cockney rhyming slang Nicky!). He treated this club badly, in my opinion, after they paid for his rehabilitation and his wages for months and months after a non-football related injury, by NM mucking about with his 'will he/won't he' antics over signing a reportedly ambitious and financially very rewarding new deal, when he could have said in the summer, 'I'm off'.

He then offers some abject and clearly disinterested appearances in a City shirt at a time when our struggling club desperately needed some big performances from our so called 'big' players. What does he expect? Banners unfurled proclaiming him the Messiah of BS3???!!!!

Don't believe the thrown bottle stories..... if someone farts at an away game there are enough witnesses on here within seconds berating their flatulent diet, so had ANYONE witnessed such an indiscretion, there would have been a huge hue and cry and an OTIB witchhunt to name and shame the culprit.

You got your move Maynard, you are nothing to do with BCFC anymore. It's too late to whinge and express regrets about having soured your relationship with the fans. We have to move on. do the same.JUDAS!!!

After these comments I am so glad that I'm off uni for the WHU game. Not sure what I'd rather. Him not get on the pitch and realise how over-rated he is in his own mind, or him start, get marked out the game and get taken off. Either way, I hope it's a really horrible night for him.

I'm all for players wanting to move on and better themselves, but talking about the club/fans/area in the way he has is just disrespectful. Especially after all we did for him. Before he left I was on his side and didn't think him bad for wanting to move on, but now I think he's a prize see-you-next-Tuesday.

Why is this guy shooting himself in the foot, he got what he wanted, well second best anyway. If bringing up a young child

in the Sh1thole that is London is preferable to a bristolian accent then he has got a lot to learn as a parent. Now he has started

blabbing I just hope he keeps it up between now and the WHU game. Should add extra spice to his return. Putting the ball in

the back of the net should be strikers talk, on that front NM has be preaty dam mute.

Good Grief, its like moths to a flame for people to show how much they hate Nicky Maynard

It was this banner Im assuming he mentioned

480801765-26122011174821.jpg

and Im guessing given some of the match reports on here and the abuse he got during that match, and subsequently, for the 'heinous crime' of withdrawing from discussions, not saying he wanted to leave nor requesting a transfer on here and at games, may have had something to do with it, when pushed for an answer for print in a paper.

What do you mean that's too straight forward and I must hate him with every fibre of my being.. Oh :bored:

As for the accent thing, generally the people who are born and bred in the area like or think their accent is gurt lush. The Bristolian accent is widely criticised elsewhere, especially in the North West/London and Birmingham (ironically given their accents generally make them sound as thick as pigswill) where its treated as a joke and the general concensus is that it makes you sound simple and backward. Moving about I feel Ive lost the accent a bit, but up north Im a thick Bristolian and Down South Im a thick Northerner.. Cest La Vie

Point is what he has mentioned is vaguely reasonable and considered, but because the 'Maynard Factor' has been applied, common sense and decency have gone completely out of the window. Skip the starter chief, we will go straight to insults and incessant whinging please. :banana:

Not really, you are just being selective in what in your opinion is banter or seen as offensive. There are any number of accents that if someone in the public eye (and yes that includes professional footballers) pored scorn on it like Mr Maynard has they would lose their jobs end of story. That said I couldn't really give two hoots, my main gripe is that the paper concerned gave him a vehicle for his prejudiced opinion.

Good Grief, its like moths to a flame for people to show how much they hate Nicky Maynard

It was this banner Im assuming he mentioned

480801765-26122011174821.jpg

and Im guessing given some of the match reports on here and the abuse he got during that match, and subsequently, for the 'heinous crime' of withdrawing from discussions, not saying he wanted to leave nor requesting a transfer on here and at games, may have had something to do with it, when pushed for an answer for print in a paper.

What do you mean that's too straight forward and I must hate him with every fibre of my being.. Oh :bored:

As for the accent thing, generally the people who are born and bred in the area like or think their accent is gurt lush. The Bristolian accent is widely criticised elsewhere, especially in the North West/London and Birmingham (ironically given their accents generally make them sound as thick as pigswill) where its treated as a joke and the general concensus is that it makes you sound simple and backward. Moving about I feel Ive lost the accent a bit, but up north Im a thick Bristolian and Down South Im a thick Northerner.. Cest La Vie

Point is what he has mentioned is vaguely reasonable and considered, but because the 'Maynard Factor' has been applied, common sense and decency have gone completely out of the window. Skip the starter chief, we will go straight to insults and incessant whinging please. :banana:

For what its worth I pretty much agreed with your views regarding his contract. It's his interviews since leaving that have pissed me off. Hugely disrespectful comments IMO and he's well and truely burned his bridges.

Fans who threw stuff at his family were obviously in a minority of dick heads, but before he comes out criticizing BCFC fans he'd do well to remember we payed his wages for the last 4 years.

Eff him, he's history now anyway.

Just read this, wondered what everyone else makes of it.

The double page centre spread titled 'Maynard's A Hammer - In Nick Of Time'), includes a comment on the 'bottle' incident (at Coventry apparently):

'My family were getting food and coke bottles thrown at them, people were shouting abuse. Some others hung 'Judas' banners up. That's not really on.'

Last paragraph:

'And for new dad Maynard, the move to London comes with an added bonus.

"I've got a five month baby boy (Camden) now' he said. "And if he can't be Northern then I'd rather he grows up with a cockney accent than a Bristolian one."

(source: Football League Paper, Sunday February 5th 2012, pp 18-19, interview by Chris Dunlavy)

The bloke is a complete @@@@ and he will have hell down here if played

Had no feelings at all for our football club and is a selfish f@@@@@ who has a ego as big as the twin towers!

Never forget what happened to them

All the threads about lack of atmosphere at the gate - i think there might be a good one in April now!! What a prize pillock. Dour, boring interviews were the norm for Maynard.

I think hes due some stick now in April but, unfortunately, he'll probably be warming a plastic seat on the bench!!

He's probably guaranteed to score but i think all of these interviews are making the discontent towards him even worse.

Should b an interesting April match......!!

Archived