IGNORED

M*ynard In Today's Football League Paper

Mighty Squirrel Kingdom

Perhaps with ther exception of the accent, I see little difference between the bench at West Ham versus the bench at Ashton Gate other than an extra few quid which will balance out if you aren't playing regularly.. :sub:

Does NM not realise that when WH get promoted, that they will spend heavily to buy proven Premier League strikers? If he were either big and powerful or very fast with the benefit of extreme pace, he could well survive but sorry Nicky - you have neither?

Like every club no doubt we have the odd numpty but in reality the vast majority of true fans who might well have welcomed you back now think very little of you in deed - why say anything..?

Anyway, enjoy the odd game you might get before the end of the season but mark my words, you'll see the same people on the way back down when 'massive' clubs won't want to know you!

Good Grief, its like moths to a flame for people to show how much they hate Nicky Maynard

It was this banner Im assuming he mentioned

480801765-26122011174821.jpg

and Im guessing given some of the match reports on here and the abuse he got during that match, and subsequently, for the 'heinous crime' of withdrawing from discussions, not saying he wanted to leave nor requesting a transfer on here and at games, may have had something to do with it, when pushed for an answer for print in a paper.

What do you mean that's too straight forward and I must hate him with every fibre of my being.. Oh :bored:

As for the accent thing, generally the people who are born and bred in the area like or think their accent is gurt lush. The Bristolian accent is widely criticised elsewhere, especially in the North West/London and Birmingham (ironically given their accents generally make them sound as thick as pigswill) where its treated as a joke and the general concensus is that it makes you sound simple and backward. Moving about I feel Ive lost the accent a bit, but up north Im a thick Bristolian and Down South Im a thick Northerner.. Cest La Vie

Point is what he has mentioned is vaguely reasonable and considered, but because the 'Maynard Factor' has been applied, common sense and decency have gone completely out of the window. Skip the starter chief, we will go straight to insults and incessant whinging please. :banana:

STILL defending him? :facepalm:

What does he have to do to p!ss you off?

You would probabaly be okay with him shagging your missus..... no, actually you'd probabaly want to watch!!

A OnlyRed said, he is history now. No a fan of West Ham offcause but I think they get promoted this seaon. Saw the game on Swedish TV 2-1 vs Millwall. WH played 4-5-1, NM on the bench, didnt come in. They are top of the table and plays 4-5-1 vs Millwall, IMO a team we should have behind us when the season is over. Maybe NM dont will play so many games from start, we will se. Looks like their manager plays 4-5-1 most of the games, safety first and that makes NMs chances to play in the 11 starting not so good. The talk about accent is Donald Duck. Every land in the world hav different dialects It would be nice to be at the Gate to watch City beat West Ham with or without NM. When are the West Ham game?

Shouldn't he be relishing his new opportunity rather than sounding so bitter? Seems to me it's the tone of a bitter man hacked off at feeling compelled by fans sentiment to move at what he may perceive to be prematurely and missing out on a Bosman signing on fee.

If there were any idiots who threw drink or food then it's very odd that nobody else has seen it seen it (including stewards) and there were no complaints (source Colin Sexton). If one or two idiots did do it then a life ban is due. Besides, even in the perhaps unlikely event it happened as NM depicts then it's no reason for a professional to be disrespectful to a former club and supporters as a whole.

Negativity and criticism within reasonable boundaries should have been expected by him unless he is completely devoid of brain cells and if the comments meant NM felt a bit uncomfortable remaining here for the rest of the season then fans are due a discreet thank-you from Steve Lansdown for the circa £2m City picked up!

The accent compares favourably to NM's monotone drone and the Bristol / west country was found to be one of the most appealing and that's why a lot of call centres were set up in the area.

I had a bit of respect for Maynard before as, aside from being a decent player when he put the effort in, I saw him chatting at length with youngsters and pitch-side disabled supporters at times which was a nice touch. But, aside from stringing the Club along, he's currently showing off a poor side to his personality - an over-size ego and a lack of even basic intelligence.

Why give his comments any substance by getting wound up abut them? If we give him abuse I can just see the headlines in the papers "Abusive Fans Show Why Nicky Wanted To Leave" By reacting it'll show that his comments since leaving has had an effect on us therefore like a child he will have got his own back, why give him that satisfaction? I agree with those who think this dream move may well turn out to be less than he expects once WHU go up and big Sam splashes the cash to buy Premier League quality. But still Nicky and his agent know best and the grass is greener at Upton Park.

Good Grief, its like moths to a flame for people to show how much they hate Nicky Maynard

and Im guessing given some of the match reports on here and the abuse he got during that match, and subsequently, for the 'heinous crime' of withdrawing from discussions, not saying he wanted to leave nor requesting a transfer on here and at games, may have had something to do with it, when pushed for an answer for print in a paper.

What do you mean that's too straight forward and I must hate him with every fibre of my being.. Oh :bored:

As for the accent thing, generally the people who are born and bred in the area like or think their accent is gurt lush. The Bristolian accent is widely criticised elsewhere, especially in the North West/London and Birmingham (ironically given their accents generally make them sound as thick as pigswill) where its treated as a joke and the general concensus is that it makes you sound simple and backward. Moving about I feel Ive lost the accent a bit, but up north Im a thick Bristolian and Down South Im a thick Northerner.. Cest La Vie

Point is what he has mentioned is vaguely reasonable and considered, but because the 'Maynard Factor' has been applied, common sense and decency have gone completely out of the window. Skip the starter chief, we will go straight to insults and incessant whinging please. :banana:

Actually smart arse, I really liked Nicky Maynard and rated him as a dark horse for Euro 2012 on the form he showed prior to, and on his return from injury and had been heard to say that if Andy Carroll was worth £35M, what price a fully fit, in form Maynard? Well, unlike you young man, I can admit I got it wrong. Some players don't kick on as you expect and at 25 he is unlikely to hit my previously predicted heights now. He finished last season suspended and I defended his red card as being an error of judgement in his efforts to apply himself to the team's cause. Fast forward to 2011/2012 and he had become a shadow of his former self in a CIty shirt. Again I defended him as I believe and still do, that he is totally unsuited to the role of lone striker. Funnily enough West Ham line up 4-5-1 quite frequently and Carlton Cole is a shoe-in as the lone striker in their line-up. Where my opinion changed, I have outlined in my previous post. If he had said last summer, 'I am not asking for a move, but I am not going to re-sign', and he had continued to apply himself, I genuinely would have no axe to grind with the bloke. It's not a case of hatred towards him. He has behaved poorly in the views of many, and it is your prerogative if you disagree. That doesn't give you any kind of moral high ground, in fact in my opinion, you come across as extremely naive. As for his comments about the Bristolian accent, I am insulted by proxy. I am not Bristolian, but he was happy enough when thousands of those self-same Bristolian accents were chanting his name!!!!! He has done himself no favours with his comments and I personally will give him hell when he comes to AG.... whether he'll even get on the pitch or not.

Why give his comments any substance by getting wound up abut them? If we give him abuse I can just see the headlines in the papers "Abusive Fans Show Why Nicky Wanted To Leave" By reacting it'll show that his comments since leaving has had an effect on us therefore like a child he will have got his own back, why give him that satisfaction? I agree with those who think this dream move may well turn out to be less than he expects once WHU go up and big Sam splashes the cash to buy Premier League quality. But still Nicky and his agent know best and the grass is greener at Upton Park.

Like clapping Ian Holloway and not giving Lambert stick for being gas in case it inspires him???!!!!!!! We're not talking about Evra at Anfield or JT at Loftus Road, we're talking about an ex-player who could have moved on and left it at that but instead insults Bristolians and makes unsubstantiated allegations about bottles being thrown.

Defending what exactly, lighten up dude, not EVERYTHING is a personal affront to you and your beliefs about BCFC here...

Yes/No?

Okay go for the personal stuff because it offends your sensiblilties... Oh very dear

Footballer comes out with comment in paper, supporters got batty as they see it as an affront to all they hold dear and must,MUST abuse him to make themselves somehow feel better. How tragic

He is an ex Bristol City player who has said something, that may or may not be true.. Eeh Gads, its the END OF THE WORLD!!

There may be some sarcasm in the above... Unbelievable Jeff

No one said it was the end of the world - but you feel the need to defend him when he has left left the club and is making snide comments?

Why does he feel the need to say these things and why do you feel the need to support and defend him??

That can't be very nice Ralph. To have everyone that meets you think your thick..

There isnt any smart arsey, double standards, trolling or whatever other label people want to call it.

Its taking a step back and seeing how reactionary people are being to even the smallest of things, that seem to invoke rage and dissent and whatever and trying to look at something akin to a calm head, rather than trying to prove a point or reinforce a view or somewhat.

At present this issue, winds people up to the extent that they become blind to any thing because they are caught up in a maelstrom of rage and hatred, for no real reason might I add

'Player leaves negotiations, leaves club, makes exit interview' does not equal the end of the known universe, nor does it warrant all the mudslinging and insults or justification of why people hold their views.

People are hurt, we get it, but watching any thread on maynard is like watching people trying to get oneupmanship in a relationship that never existed in the first place, to come out with kudos

So Nicky doesnt like the Bristolian accents, he wont be the first, he wont be the last player or person on the planet to be like that.

However because some people have invested so much in Nicky being the Messiah in times gone past, they feel hurt and let down, because he is or was getting away from what they hold dearest and that is BCFC.. So instead of looking lat it normally, the oneupmanship enters. and what people on here and crowds can do is express their hurt and anger because a player doesnt want to sign for us, despite having an existing contract with vile insults and rumours and gossip and whatever other crap they want to throw at it for some kind of justification.,

We bought a player, he signed for x amount of years, he got injured, he scored x amount of goals, he left.

Its not about defending anyone nor saying they are the messiah, its about seeing things with the brain engaging first rather than following others to maintain some kind of hierarchy as to who hates a player, or likes a player or the manager most..

Take a step back and let it breathe, for the love of humanity.. It will make this a better and less reactionary place to be

'Your move'

Ok, I have taken a deep breath, I am engaging brain, all I see is NM being a cu.t. Oh well at least I tried it your way.

Clapping Holloway, the only clap I like to see that is from a northern slappers hen party, as for anything gas related, well they deserve it. But Maynard has just shown himself as a pathetic excuse making moron. He's trying to ingratiate himself to the fans of his new club by portraying himself as a victim hounded out by abusive thick yokels and not as a footballing mercenary who turned down 2 moves that would have netted both us and Crewe a decent transfer fee. Yes he's shown disrespect to the club and insulted the people of Bristol. Now we could vent our spleen's and give him shed loads of abuse, this may make people feel better but it would let the arrogant little man know his comments and behaviour had had the desired effect. But by not showering him with insults IF he comes on but treat him like any other insignificant opposition sub that'll let him know his opinion isn't worth jack.

You didnt, you still see it as 'your Bristol City', doing the things that you want for whatever out come you want. Its a club that you support, they, the players and staff will always to what they think is best for them, this will invairably be different to what you want for the club, there is a massive difference in the two.

its not as you want things to be, hence you will end up hating it because it doesnt tally with what you want from the club

Apparently this inconcievable hence the hate, knee jerk and infighting that pervades.

Now Now, deep breath, and breaaaaatthhheeeeeee. I sense you have this man love thing for our ex player, you are scared that you are all alone now that he has gone, the passing on of someone you hold dear is always a sad time in life, my apologies if I seemed a little insensitive with my comments towards NMFC fans. We have a football club at AG, it's called Bristol City, now this isn't the name of another player but a club who Nicky, (can I call him that?) used to play for. I hate to break it to you but N actually played for Bristol City, not the other way around. If you are still feeling a little down in a few weeks come along to AG you'll discover that Bristol City have many more fans than NMFC. You might like them.

STILL defending him? :facepalm:

What does he have to do to p!ss you off?

You would probabaly be okay with him shagging your missus..... no, actually you'd probabaly want to watch!!

Laid on for him on a plate.

One on one.

Open Goal.

Nicky would still miss!!

I see,

'man love' Have you been watching scrubs or something?

Nicky Maynard was our striker for a few years, we will have more of them, some will be good some will be rubbish.

Player's pass through for whatever reason, whether it be a means to an end , career progression or a genuine love for the club (not that that helps), unless we suddenly cease to exist we will have more of them,

I'm not 'all alone', I'm just not that into pouring scorn and working myself in to a tizzy over naff all in the grand scheme of things, because its somehow important to have such a view to curry favour with this board or the fans you sit with, your mates or whatever. Id much rather have a proper discussion rather than have schoolground level stuff chucked around, because it some how makes you feel better or more intune or more loved/.

If you want to carry on with the 'he must be an NMFC (whatever that is?) lover' because Im not joining in with the witch hunt, or going for the jugular then fair enough. Its boring tedious, dull and restricts debate, because some dont like difference of opinion and we should all be 'singing from the same hymn sheet' in your BCFC world, you go straight for the insults and wahay, its a common bond! Lets diss a former player, because he has some how wronged 'my' Bristol City. Diddums, it happens, get over it.

So slighting him, is a way to keep on justifying your opinion of what the club and its players should be in your eyes. Groovy, deal with the fact he has moved on,and let go of the fact that some ex players arent going to like the club and so forth and so on.

As said before this is clearly completely an alien concept because it affects ' my' (the club and all its various players and ex players) rather than acknowledging that not every one has your view and that god forbid, everyone else isnt right about anything either..

You want to keep chucking the personal stuff, keep going its a bit of an ennui. So I think Ill give it a miss until you come up with something of sustinace and value as opposed to being a WUM and agent provacateur for amusements sake

Ciao

You need medical help.

Wow! A lot of people on here have selective memories eh

Was he called Judas? YES

Was a banner put up? YES

Was he booed? YES

Were bottles thrown at his family? YES

Was he abused verbally in ear shot of his family? YES

Was he just trying to better himself as a footballer? YES

Was he trying to secure the future of the next few generations of his family? YES

There are even fans saying that he was rubbish on the pitch. A year ago it was widely agreed he was our best player. Playing up front on his own does not suit him.

Stop being bitter that we didn't get as much money as we could have done. The club messed up by not selling him when he had two years left. They let it drag on too long. He had every right to do what he did.

I see,

Nicky Maynard was our striker for a few years, we will have more of them, some will be good some will be rubbish.

Player's pass through for whatever reason, whether it be a means to an end , career progression or a genuine love for the club (not that that helps), unless we suddenly cease to exist we will have more of them,

I'm not 'all alone', I'm just not that into pouring scorn and working myself in to a tizzy over naff all in the grand scheme of things, because its somehow important to have such a view to curry favour with this board or the fans you sit with, your mates or whatever. Id much rather have a proper discussion rather than have schoolground level stuff chucked around, because it some how makes you feel better or more intune or more loved/.

If you want to carry on with the 'he must be an NMFC (whatever that is?) lover' because Im not joining in with the witch hunt, or going for the jugular then fair enough. Its boring tedious, dull and restricts debate, because some dont like difference of opinion and we should all be 'singing from the same hymn sheet' in your BCFC world, you go straight for the insults and wahay, its a common bond! Lets diss a former player, because he has some how wronged 'my' Bristol City. Diddums, it happens, get over it.

So slighting him, is a way to keep on justifying your opinion of what the club and its players should be in your eyes. Groovy, deal with the fact he has moved on,and let go of the fact that some ex players arent going to like the club and so forth and so on.

As said before this is clearly completely an alien concept because it affects ' my' (the club and all its various players and ex players) rather than acknowledging that not every one has your view and that god forbid, everyone else isnt right about anything either..

You want to keep chucking the personal stuff, keep going its a bit of an ennui. So I think Ill give it a miss until you come up with something of sustinace and value as opposed to being a WUM and agent provacateur for amusements sake

Ciao

interesting do you believe that perhaps Maynards 2 interviews are perhaps somewhat inflammatory? and will certainly lead to unnecessary increased tension on a day that was always going to be tense anyway?, the truth he could have handled himself with dignity, which he didn't and he could have left with dignity which he hasn't, he lacks class and comes across as a spoilt brat.

Was he called Judas? YES

Was a banner put up? YES

Was he booed? YES

Was he trying to secure the future of the next few generations of his family? YES

There are even fans saying that he was rubbish on the pitch. A year ago it was widely agreed he was our best player. Playing up front on his own does not suit him.

Stop being bitter that we didn't get as much money as we could have done. The club messed up by not selling him when he had two years left. They let it drag on too long. He had every right to do what he did.

How do you know this?

What for?

For having an opinion. Your an odd ball because you hold what could only be seen as a normal opinion other than irrational hatred.

Never mind Ralph, at least you won't die of a early heat attack fro getting yourself so het up about something so trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I suggest some people get a life if all they can do is come on a forum and throw bile at an ex player for 1. Saying he didn't like judas flags, which people called lies but has since been backed up by photgraphic evidence 2. for a ex player saying he didn't like his family having plastic coke bottle thrown at them. Now i would suggest this is probably true, but as no photogrpahic evidence is forth coming the jury is out, But I suspect he is reporting back what he has heard from his family, not first hand evidence as clearly his was on the pitch. 3. He had a go a bristolian accent, which is a poor accent, only slightly better than brummy. I can understand why he wouldn't want his kid to have it. I am lumbered with it with the full understaning I sound a thicko, that is life, at least he is taking his kid out of the first impression senario with the Bristolian accent.

Oh well cya later.

Good night peeps

Was he called Judas? YES

Was a banner put up? YES

Was he booed? YES

Because he said so?.

I see,

Ciao

Wow, was all that for me?

I would have loved to have seen the intimate letters you wrote for Nicky. He meant a lot to you didn't he. :crying:

Serious point now, are you in any way related to Sarah B?

interesting do you believe that perhaps Maynards 2 interviews are perhaps somewhat inflammatory? and will certainly lead to unnecessary increased tension on a day that was always going to be tense anyway?, the truth he could have handled himself with dignity, which he didn't and he could have left with dignity which he hasn't, he lacks class and comes across as a spoilt brat.

Dignity, explain? 2 interviews your facts.

Aah but in the East, ie London way, the locals will just think he's not from London, therefore still thick I suppose.

Whilst in the west, having lost his accent the locals will think he's a toffee nosed git and thus also thick I suppose.

I guess you will have to emigrate, then on past experience you'll be thought to be Irish or Canadian by the locals, unless your in Ireland or Canada of course then you'll just be thick.

Sorry Ralph I tried.

Archived