IGNORED

M*ynard In Today's Football League Paper

Mighty Squirrel Kingdom

Well print this out and show your NHS family members.

I'm sure your mum enjoyed raising you on NHS wages.

Thats not the point.

I do it because I'm good at it, but I am grateful to my employers to educate me to help others.

If Maynard couldn't kick a ball, what good is he.

And forget my wages,for 3 million quid a year,that pays for 6 Cardiac surgeons.

Or are they bitter and twisted because Maynard gets more?

Its not about how he gets more.Its WHY.

Kicking a ball should not be worth more than saving someones childs life.

And if you can't get this point,then I feel very sorry for your family.

Bankers are like Mayanard, they could pay for 6 cardiac surgeons with the bonuses alone, grow up.

Over recent months I've been wondering just how much of a destabalizing effect Maynard's transfer sags created since last summer.

Judging by the destabalizing effect created since he left the club last week, as evidenced by some of the increasingly aggressive posts on this thread, I am reviewing my previous estimate upwards.

Well print this out and show your NHS family members.

I'm sure your mum enjoyed raising you on NHS wages.

Thats not the point.

I do it because I'm good at it, but I am grateful to my employers to educate me to help others.

If Maynard couldn't kick a ball, what good is he.

And forget my wages,for 3 million quid a year,that pays for 6 Cardiac surgeons.

Or are they bitter and twisted because Maynard gets more?

Its not about how he gets more.Its WHY.

Kicking a ball should not be worth more than saving someones childs life.

And if you can't get this point,then I feel very sorry for your family.

life is not fair, I am sure what I do is far more beneficial to society than someone kicking a bag full of air about, but I don't begrudge footballers what they earn, they have taken the risk of playing football, where the fail rate must be close to 90% or more. What do you think most of these footballers would be doing now if they hadn't made it? They took the choice of not going to uni and getting further education, they played Russian roulette on the slightest chance of becoming a pro footballer. Fair play to them. If they didn't take that risk, and get paid handsomely for it, you would have to find some other rich person to bitch and moan about as you would have no football team support.

Fair play you have chosen a giving profession. But it is your choice, you have no right to slag people off because they chose a different profession. Remember the rich will pay far more into your employer through tax and ni than you ever do.

I've nothing more to say on this. No point in going round and round and round.

Strikes me that were being far too sensitive on this one ....Maynard is not a bristolian so wtf would he want his babber to have a bristolian accent. We should be used to people taking the piss now. Take it as a compliment to our unique culture that we dont speak home counties english like many in the readings and southamptons of this world.

I really think that maynard has a right to feel aggrieved about the way it all ended. Lets face it we cashed in on him in the end. I also feel that if things had gone on past the window , the city offer may well have been the best available.

So bollocks to all this resentment.Rise above it or drown in your own shit, as the saying goes.

life is not fair, I am sure what I do is far more beneficial to society than someone kicking a bag full of air about, but I don't begrudge footballers what they earn, they have taken the risk of playing football, where the fail rate must be close to 90% or more. What do you think most of these footballers would be doing now if they hadn't made it? They took the choice of not going to uni and getting further education, they played Russian roulette on the slightest chance of becoming a pro footballer. Fair play to them. If they didn't take that risk, and get paid handsomely for it, you would have to find some other rich person to bitch and moan about as you would have no football team support.

Fair play you have chosen a giving profession. But it is your choice, you have no right to slag people off because they chose a different profession. Remember the rich will pay far more into your employer through tax and ni than you ever do.

Academy, you don't just focus on football.

He was obviously hurt by the vitriol... understandable to be hurt, but to 'lash out' in an interview is a bit childish.

He should be more mature and just move on, likewise so should our fans.

Thanks for the memories Nicky, but grow up a touch... Even if the things that he says happened, happened (I see no reason to disbelieve him, I've seen sections of our away support do plenty more idiotic things in my time) he should just let it lie.

I think this just about sums up what i was going to write. Cheers me dears.

Maynard will be back in the championship in 18 months time absolute fact! No way he'll be anywhere near West Ham's first team if they go up.

Oh I don't know... i thought at the time he was a better player than fellow champs striker Carroll. I realise Carroll may very well not be where he is now for much longer unless he improves but I can see NM holding down a near first team slot next season in the prem.. with far better players around him he will have a good chance of success.

One day he will fall out of favour, however, and then he may find out that our supporters are somewhat lame compared to the vitriol that can emanate from ammers fans.

I couldn't care less if he deserves the stick or not,giving him a hostile reception will be much more fun [just hope he doesn't score]I wish people would stop being so nice,he's not our player so give him all the shit you can.

life is not fair, I am sure what I do is far more beneficial to society than someone kicking a bag full of air about, but I don't begrudge footballers what they earn, they have taken the risk of playing football, where the fail rate must be clo

se to 90% or more. What do you think most of these footballers would be doing now if they hadn't made it? They took the choice of not going to uni and getting further education, they played Russian roulette on the slightest chance of becoming a pro footballer. Fair play to them. If they didn't take that risk, and get paid

handsomely for it, you would have to find some other rich person to bitch and moan about as you would have no football team support.

Fair play you have chosen a giving profession. But it is your choice, you have no right to slag people off because they chose a different

profession. Remember the rich will pay far more into your employer through tax and ni than you ever do.

Is it just footballers wages that irritates you? How about racing car drivers? Movie stars?

Do you think Steve L warrants picking up 85m a year?

...... don't you think Maynard had a point about the Bristol accent?

Would any of us wish that on a baby??

:tomato:

Well I bet he fought it was gert lush ideal to name his babber Hackney ( well some part of Cockerneyland) but I casn't see what the problem bist with the little 'un havin a Bristolian accent. Blige - wazzaproblem me luvver?

On the question of naming kids after London places, Posh and her hubby named their kids after the places where they were conceived. Good thing they didnt get one up the spout in Del Trotter's old stomping ground, otherwise the kiddy would be called Peckham Beckham!

Academy, you don't just focus on football.

if you are lucky enough to come through a club with academy's. Maynard at 25 I would suggest missed most of what is there for youngsters. Crewe have a great record of producing youngsters, not sure what their record is at getting youngsters into gainful employment who don't make it as footballers.

Anyone got any figures, I'd genuinely like to know, even for academy systems, what is the rate of getting their failures into mainstream work.

Is it just footballers wages that irritates you? How about racing car drivers? Movie stars?

Do you think Steve L warrants picking up 85m a year?

think you replied to the wrong guy, I have no grudge about high wages, as my postings would suggest.

if you are lucky enough to come through a club with academy's. Maynard at 25 I would suggest missed most of what is there for youngsters. Crewe have a great record of producing youngsters, not sure what their record is at getting youngsters into gainful employment who don't make it as footballers.

Anyone got any figures, I'd genuinely like to know, even for academy systems, what is the rate of getting their failures into mainstream work.

80% of players at youth level don't make the grade a lot then play for local sides at a decent level, Clevedon/Weston Etc, and work for a living, talking bollocks there TRL. Or young unemployment is down to footballers not making it.

80% of players at youth level don't make the grade a lot then play for local sides at a decent level, Clevedon/Weston Etc, and work for a living, talking bollocks there TRL. Or young unemployment is down to footballers not making it.

have not talked bollocks, just said I would like to know the employment figures of ex academy products that don't make it. We hear about the successes and higher profile failures, but nothing about the ones that drop out of paid football entirely. I know of a few that work and play. But I have never heard per se what happens to the young uns that drop out before they even hit reserve team level.

I think you have to forgo a lot of your youth to become a pro nowadays, and for the percentage that make it it is pretty harsh, you never get your youth back. What is even worse is the selling of 13 or 14 year old kids.

have not talked bollocks, just said I would like to know the employment figures of ex academy products that don't make it. We hear about the successes and higher profile failures, but nothing about the ones that drop out of paid football entirely. I know of a few that work and play. But I have never heard per se what happens to the young uns that drop out before they even hit reserve team level.

I think you have to forgo a lot of your youth to become a pro nowadays, and for the percentage that make it it is pretty harsh, you never get your youth back. What is even worse is the selling of 13 or 14 year old kids.

They have to do there GCSE like any young person, but being at a football club 9 or what ever age this is drummed into them this is not the only option and it's a good thing, you are out of date mate.

They have to do there GCSE like any young person, but being at a football club 9 or what ever age this is drummed into them this is not the only option and it's a good thing, you are out of date mate.

I know they doe gcse's I'm not a complete Numpty :) but uni is out of the question, if they do then it is as a mature student or open uni as they do not have the time to dedicate to it. Unfortunately in today's world you really need a degree to even get a interview for the "better jobs" nowadays. Long gone are apprenticeships which are few and far between, and gcse's will not get you far in today's jobs market. Experience might, but they don't really have that either. When you hit 20 you are dropped by the club and just have some gcse's and no experience your outlook is not exactly great

I know they doe gcse's I'm not a complete Numpty :) but uni is out of the question, if they do then it is as a mature student or open uni as they do not have the time to dedicate to it. Unfortunately in today's world you really need a degree to even get a interview for the "better jobs" nowadays. Long gone are apprenticeships which are few and far between, and gcse's will not get you far in today's jobs market. Experience might, but they don't really have that either. When you hit 20 you are dropped by the club and just have some gcse's and no experience your outlook is not exactly great

They get a better education than most I would suggest. Not sure what era your talking about but it certainly isn't this century of Academy products. University isn't out of the question for anyone either, if they don't make it they will be young enough to go, it's not as if they will be in their mid twenties and put out on the scrapheap. Even if they don't make it as a Pro, most academy products will be earning a fair wedge as semi pro players.

They get a better education than most I would suggest. Not sure what era your talking about but it certainly isn't this century of Academy products. University isn't out of the question for anyone either, if they don't make it they will be young enough to go, it's not as if they will be in their mid twenties and put out on the scrapheap. Even if they don't make it as a Pro, most academy products will be earning a fair wedge as semi pro players.

trouble is the longer you are out of the job market the harder it is. And by the time you have qualified from uni you will be 24-25 with no experience, with a mountain of debt. Whatever happens as a rejected young footballer you are playing catch up with the rest of your age group. Semi pro football does not pay that well, one of my mates after being rejected by city went to bath, forest green chippenham town, and I can tell you right now, without a 2nd income he could not support himself, luckily he got a job when they were not so scarce. Semi pro/.local footie does not by any stretch of the imagination give you enough to live on.

Archived