IGNORED

M*ynard In Today's Football League Paper

Mighty Squirrel Kingdom

Albert must be the most popular City player for a very long time, 10x more popular than Maynard ever was.

An extremely likeable, effusive individual who has endeared himself to the fans with both his fantastic endeavours on the pitch and his personality.

No one will begrudge Albert his big move when it comes and there's no chance the relationship will end acrimoniously.

The club will get fair warning from Albert - CS will certainly make sure of that - and a fee which reflects his worth when the time comes.

I hope you are right Nogbad, but I'm sure a lot of us would have said the same about NM a couple of years ago (came with his mum to sign for us... thoroughly decent bloke etc...). Unfortunately there is no telling how a player will act once he starts believing his own hype.

I defended Maynard, but now I really really wish I hadn't. I..I hate him now, I don't hate many people, but I hate this piece of shit so much.

Angry and upset does not really cover it, i'm raging inside and I cant wait till April, I'm going to get completely shit faced spend the entire 90 giving him shit, so much shit, a shitstorm in fact.

Who the **** does this gobby little disrespectful **** think he is? Does he think actions have no consequences? Hahah Its war for me. Maynard you silly ****, you've made an enemy of people you really shouldn't have.

I'm counting down the days till the Hammers game, not even sure I'll be in the UK actually, but I'll flying back for this if not.

You really are a dick. It's a game of football!

You are talking as though you are Don Corleone and he has disrespected your entire family and deserves to be punished.

Get a grip.

I defended Maynard, but now I really really wish I hadn't. I..I hate him now, I don't hate many people, but I hate this piece of shit so much.

Angry and upset does not really cover it, i'm raging inside and I cant wait till April, I'm going to get completely shit faced spend the entire 90 giving him shit, so much shit, a shitstorm in fact.

Who the **** does this gobby little disrespectful **** think he is? Does he think actions have no consequences? Hahah Its war for me. Maynard you silly ****, you've made an enemy of people you really shouldn't have.

I'm counting down the days till the Hammers game, not even sure I'll be in the UK actually, but I'll flying back for this if not.

That's a little bit tame Ted, I hope you can do better than that in April, bring your gutter mouth with you then.

Well, l knew exactly how this would end. People like NM are easy to assess and sooner or later they will show their true colours.

You can now see from his very public display that he never like this club or felt any commitment or passion towards it. He resented the pro-Maynard supporters as much as the anti-Maynard brigade. NM was / is all about NM

I personally hope the remainder of his footballing career is blighted with serious injury and when he is older and much wiser realises what a egotistical disrespectful young boy he once was.

I have always hated him wearing the red of BCFC and l am thrilled l will no longer have to watch him celebrate another goal for NMFC.

Feel that, Teddy? The way the shit clings to the air, Teddy? It's already started my dear good friend...The shit blizzard!!

Feel that, Teddy? The way the shit clings to the air, Teddy? It's already started my dear good friend...The shit blizzard!!

Well, l knew exactly how this would end. People like NM are easy to assess and sooner or later they will show their true colours.

You can now see from his very public display that he never like this club or felt any commitment or passion towards it. He resented the pro-Maynard supporters as much as the anti-Maynard brigade. NM was / is all about NM

I personally hope the remainder of his footballing career is blighted with serious injury and when he is older and much wiser realises what a egotistical disrespectful young boy he once was.

I have always hated him wearing the red of BCFC and l am thrilled l will no longer have to watch him celebrate another goal for NMFC.

Possibly the most stupid, nonsense post I've ever read on here. Pathetic.

You knew it would end badly and always hated him. mystic ******* meg is it.

As for the injury part, why dont you do yourself a favour and grow up.

You really are a dick. It's a game of football!

You are talking as though you are Don Corleone and he has disrespected your entire family and deserves to be punished.

Get a grip.

I'm not referring to the game am I? The guy took a massive 5hit on us and you don't see it, or feel it? I don't understand the apathy here.

I do feel disrespected as it goes, as a supporter, one of many. ...but lets gets some perspective here, my anger is relative. I can live with it and I don't take it at all personally. and I'm not about to send the boys round so chill out.

I will give him shit in April though, don't f*c* with the Wongs!

I'm not referring to the game am I? The guy took a massive 5hit on us and you don't see it, or feel it? I don't understand the apathy here.

I do feel disrespected as it goes, as a supporter, one of many. ...but lets gets some perspective here, my anger is relative. I can live with it and I don't take it at all personally. and I'm not about to send the boys round so chill out.

Apathy??!! What apathy?? There's pages of the stuff!!!

No doubt about it for Maynard, Aprils WHU game at the Gate will be no picnic Teddy! .....

However Two Wongs Dont Make a Right! :)

Maynard took a massive shit on us by trying to further his career and not flirt with relegation. How dare such a dastardly fellow not assume we might be achieving more than barely a point a game come February. Furthermore, to cast scorn on the Bristolian accent is near regicide.

Furthermore, to cast scorn on the Bristolian accent is near regicide.

This insult to our culture and our language is intolerable! He must be sent away to a re-education camp and made to learn that the accent from the Bristol area (and the posh part of Portishead in particular) is linguistically superior to that of Crewe or the posh part of Surrey where he's going to move next. We shall not have these so-called "professional" footballers excreting on our tradition and our heritage.

I shall return for the West Ham game and set light to myself at half time in protest. We must make a stand!!!!!!!!!!

Maynard took a massive shit on us by trying to further his career and not flirt with relegation. How dare such a dastardly fellow not assume we might be achieving more than barely a point a game come February. Furthermore, to cast scorn on the Bristolian accent is near regicide.

Its quite embarrassing that you and others who feel the need to defend Maynard, keep using this "how dare he better himself" bollox

You know that is not the point - we are Bristol City, players will want to move on to better things - if he had made his intentions clear, people would have respected him for his ambition - but instead he was gave us "I'm happy at the club" bollox, while running his contract down and leaving us with peanuts, when he eventually went.

I hope you are right Nogbad, but I'm sure a lot of us would have said the same about NM a couple of years ago (came with his mum to sign for us... thoroughly decent bloke etc...). Unfortunately there is no telling how a player will act once he starts believing his own hype.

Fair point Superjack but somehow I just can't see it with Albert.

He seems to be a genuinely humble and sincere bloke and I think and believe he will indeed give fair warning.

He has also made no secret that he wants to play in the top league so I don't see any chance of stalling, mixed messages etc.

A clean deal I reckon when the time comes that will be acceptable to all parties and he'll leave with his good relationship with the fans unsullied and the good wishes of all.

Even if I'm completely wrong City and CS will have learnt their lesson anyway and a much quicker ultimatum will be given so we'll get a much better deal than with Maynard.

Fair point Superjack but somehow I just can't see it with Albert.

He seems to be a genuinely humble and sincere bloke and I think and believe he will indeed give fair warning.

He has also made no secret that he wants to play in the top league so I don't see any chance of stalling, mixed messages etc.

A clean deal I reckon when the time comes that will be acceptable to all parties and he'll leave with his good relationship with the fans unsullied and the good wishes of all.

Even if I'm completely wrong City and CS will have learnt their lesson anyway and a much quicker ultimatum will be given so we'll get a much better deal than with Maynard.

Like Maynard and his Mum at Temple Meads laughable, Maynard stayed and saw is the club going forward, would you stay with the mess of managers in a short time, he had when fit Johnson/ Coppell brought in the dream, the gone, then Millen with the summer proving we are a play off contender not relegation, i would jump ship and say get on with it, i did not design this ship or the way the club has been missed managed.. Mangled words but any with a brain can see what i am saying

Like Maynard and his Mum at Temple Meads laughable, Maynard stayed and saw is the club going forward, would you stay with the mess of managers in a short time, he had when fit Johnson/ Coppell brought in the dream, the gone, then Millen with the summer proving we are a play off contender not relegation, i would jump ship and say get on with it, i did not design this ship or the way the club has been missed managed.. Mangled words but any with a brain can see what i am saying

Sorry, I'm a bit lost Redcliffe - do you agree with me about Albert or not?

Sorry, I'm a bit lost Redcliffe - do you agree with me about Albert or not?

People have ambitions, Maynard staled and thought let's see how we do this year, bearing in mind the dream sold by Johnson when he signed?, if you whatever work you do, been head hunted from a company and the dream did not happen would you turn down a offer from a company that has more chances of being there?. Lets talk about this when loads of clubs are coming in for Albert, name me last good performence from him?

People have ambitions, Maynard staled and thought let's see how we do this year, bearing in mind the dream sold by Johnson when he signed?,

Lets talk about this when loads of clubs are coming in for Albert, name me last good performence from him?

It's a bit unrealistic for any player to be expected to give a MOTM performance and be the catalyst for City every week.

Especially when Albert played through injury for several weeks after he was hacked down at Coventry.

As for Maynard, the dream sold to him by GJ was the exposure of playing in the Championship along with a huge hike in wages.

In return City hoped for promotion, and if not, enough scoring success for Maynard as an individual so that we could sell on for a good profit.

If you're asking me to defend the manner of Maynard's departure, or agree that it was entirely understandable, then forget it.

It's not going to happen.

As for Albert stalling or being completely selfish when the time comes, indeed we will see, and I'll be happy to continue the conversation then.

Archived