IGNORED

Robin Badge Petition (Merged)

WraxallRed

ROBIN VS THE CREST  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about we keep everyone happy then and use my Bristol City fantasy Premier League kit (Note: the template is the same as Forza Red's post which is one of Adidas' other template kits). It has the coat of arms badge and I added the Robin badge today so it covers everything right? :S

d3kAmB2.png

Good job with the kit and badge i really like that, it works well

arms06.jpg

If we keep the crest we should have this rather than the cartoon version we currently have.

The club (as you know) did use a crest that was more detailed like this one and it was toned down due to printing costs by using less detail and less colours to what you see the current badge is now, makes it cheaper to mass produce

On another side note the robin is not just an EE thing as the supporters club and trust conducted a paper poll and a online poll for surfer flag designs and the 2 designs that came out on top one bared the robin badge and 2nd was the scott murray design.

The paper poll was done dolman exhibition hall with the crest very much down on votes, murray beat anything with the crest on hands down.

http://www.bristolcitysurferflags.co.uk/designs.html

Ok so I may have taken this a little too far, but i really like this

BUT im now the proud owner of this to go on my Van and in my Window

Its a pro vinyl sticker made from the same stuff you signwrite with :)

bcfc4.png

Looks good, could well print out even better from the high quality vectra files some flag printers ask for

Ok so I may have taken this a little too far, but i really like this

BUT im now the proud owner of this to go on my Van and in my Window

Its a pro vinyl sticker made from the same stuff you signwrite with :)

bcfc4.png

I have people asking if i can sell them these vinyl stickers... thought id better ask first ?

Cheers

Mark

I can't seem to find any threads anywhere on the forum for this. So I thought I'd bring it up. Maybe we could pin this to the top of the forum for people to see?

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bristol-city-we-want-our-robin-back

I have done several new robin designs myself. I would compromise to have both badges on the shirt, which keeps both sets of supporters happy.

At a time when Everton are complaining about changing their traditional badge to something different, why would we want to change our traditional badge?

Because a lot of fans prefer the uniqueness of the Robin and the suspension bridge and associate the badge with City's most successful era in modern history, as well as the most turbulent times.

You can't find anything on the entire message board about the Robin badge? Really?... REALLY?!

Just keep it as is, I sound as much of a broken record as all of you do asking for it back.

There are tonnes of English teams called the Robins, it's not our identity. It's a bunch of teams'. Get past it already.

You can't find anything on the entire message board about the Robin badge? Really?... REALLY?!

Just keep it as is, I sound as much of a broken record as all of you do asking for it back.

There are tonnes of English teams called the Robins, it's not our identity. It's a bunch of teams'. Get past it already.

How many times.......its what we are ffs. the robin needs to be on the kit even if not the badge itself.

OK I suppose Everton fans value their history more then.

Our crest has already been devalued by modernisation - if it was the same crest as John Atyeo wore, which i think was fantastic, I'd be all for it.

There really shouldn't be a problem for the club to at least incorporate the Robin and suspension bridge elsewhere on the shirt - that would be a compromise which would go down well with most City fans.

Because a lot of fans prefer the uniqueness of the Robin and the suspension bridge and associate the badge with City's most successful era in modern history, as well as the most turbulent times.

even more want to keep the crest,

Our crest has already been devalued by modernisation - if it was the same crest as John Atyeo wore, which i think was fantastic, I'd be all for it.

There really shouldn't be a problem for the club to at least incorporate the Robin and suspension bridge elsewhere on the shirt - that would be a compromise which would go down well with most City fans.

I'd have it on the back , between the shoulders at the top , like Liverpool have with the flames.

liverpool-home-shirt-back.jpg

I seem to remember we were once known as the Bristol babes way back in the past.

Crackers corner used to echo with chants of come on my babbies

Lets put a baby swinging from the clifton bridge on the badge. No one else has that

I agree, good idea about the John Atyeo, but I expect people on here will moan about that as well.

You won't get argument from me about the original crest, love it the large badge of the Atyeo era always my favourite, again back of shirt for the robin why not?.

I wouldn't mind the bridge and the robin on the back, like what Glynriley suggested.

I'd rather have the council badge on the back of the shirt. Bristol city council are backward thinking, aren't they?

Archived