IGNORED

Robin Badge Petition (Merged)

WraxallRed

ROBIN VS THE CREST  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AsY62DUCQAEcCHu_zpscdcb307d.jpg

Thanks to forza revolution for allowing me to use this robin and badge design. I think it is a great design, which would make a good new robin badge. I have done some new designs from this and wondered what you guys would think about them.
I know fans are split on having the robin back, but I think this new design would be a nicer modern version of the old badge. Or combine it into a badge that has the coat of arms too.

This is only done on paint, It could be made to appear more professionally with something like photoshop. Which I do not have right now.

untitled-Copy5-Copy-Copy_zpseb7d3e6b.png

newbadge2copy-Copy3-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-

Hope I can get some constructive feedback.

Thanks

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bristol-city-we-want-our-robin-back

https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-want-our-Robin-back/654594364566720?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/14488683348/

http://www.causes.com/causes/1006843-bristol-city-we-want-our-robin-back

http://www.causes.com/actions/1753599-bristol-city-fans-do-you-want-the-robin-badge-back

Hope I can get some constructive feedback.

Thanks

It's much, much better than the crayola robin we had in the 90s - the crapness of the old robin logo is why I've always been against the whole bring back the robin thing. However this attempt is close to modern and good enough I think.

One suggestion: In the big flag picture which I presume the others are based on, the football has gradient shading and light effects on it, it looks like an antialised high quality drawing. That doesn't really fit with the robin and bridge which is flat, solid colours and a simple style. I'd change the football to similar so the styles match, I think it would look better like that.

Personally I prefer the image in the flag to any beneath it and think it's best without text.

Good effort.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Id like A1 but without the BCFC.
Would be nicer to see a "ribbon" scrolled underneath with Bristol City FC inside it

I could try and start one like this later and see what it looks like, nice idea!

Appreciate the good efforts. My favourite is B2 (followed by A2) and much prefer the original badge shape in A and B to the current shield design.

In true KK style would "love it" if the Supporters Trust/Cub could put the badge issue on the agenda for the next meeting with the club.

I agree that the A and B shapes look a lot better than the current shield design, thanks.

I would love to know what the club would think of bringing back the robin badge too.

It's much, much better than the crayola robin we had in the 90s - the crapness of the old robin logo is why I've always been against the whole bring back the robin thing. However this attempt is close to modern and good enough I think.

One suggestion: In the big flag picture which I presume the others are based on, the football has gradient shading and light effects on it, it looks like an antialised high quality drawing. That doesn't really fit with the robin and bridge which is flat, solid colours and a simple style. I'd change the football to similar so the styles match, I think it would look better like that.

Personally I prefer the image in the flag to any beneath it and think it's best without text.

Good effort.

Thanks for the feedback, agreed it needed modernising. I see where you are coming from with the ball, I only know how to do this through paint at the moment, which kind of limits what I can do. It needs maybe some experts with photoshop to do it professionally I suppose.

Cheers!

Now, I've always been against bringing the robin back, as I felt the badge from the 80's/90's looked a bit like a kids drawing. But fair play to you squire, I do like this and it would not displease me to see it on the shirt in future.

Good work sir!

Absolutely love this design - feels like getting our identity back.

Would love it if this design appeared on our shirts next season rather than the coat of arms with the gay horses with dildo's on their heads......

Good work on the design fella.

Absolutely love this design - feels like getting our identity back.

Would love it if this design appeared on our shirts next season rather than the coat of arms with the gay horses with dildo's on their heads......

Good work on the design fella.

Me too - BTW, love that description of the unicorns :laughcont:

This question has been asked so many times on here, when this topic has cropped up:

Can someone PLEASE explain what the association is of a cute little birdie with Bristol City Football Club? (And please don't say "red", cos a postbox, telephone kiosk and my girlfriend's knickers are matching, too!)

No justification at all for having a robin on the shirt, IMO.

This question has been asked so many times on here, when this topic has cropped up:

Can someone PLEASE explain what the association is of a cute little birdie with Bristol City Football Club? (And please don't say "red", cos a postbox, telephone kiosk and my girlfriend's knickers are matching, too!)

During the war a Robin downed a Heinkell bound for Bristol. City changed their nickname in the late thirties in honour of this fearless bird.

Because they're gutsy little bu99ers that punch above their weight?

What a stupid comment

Does the devil live In Manchester ?

What's an Owl got in common with Sheffheld or Oldham?

Need i go on?

Archived