IGNORED

January Transfer Window Opportunities

Marina's Rolls Royce

Only been to 2 matches this season (Bloody work!) but we are certainly a force in this league. 3 or 4 signings would be a big boost to the whole club, fresh faces, more competition for places and a boost for us fans. Maybe see if Franchise fc will sell us their Golden boy as well?  :laughcont:

Hoping that we are keeping watch on Matt Grimes at Exeter. I have seen him play a few times and he looks a real prospect, would be an ideal replacement for Wade Elliot next season. He's been called up to the England U20 team recently and there has been reported Premier League interest in him, but you never know we might be able to convince with the prospect of first team football and staying relatively local. Worth a try at least. 

Hoping that we are keeping watch on Matt Grimes at Exeter. I have seen him play a few times and he looks a real prospect, would be an ideal replacement for Wade Elliot next season. He's been called up to the England U20 team recently and there has been reported Premier League interest in him, but you never know we might be able to convince with the prospect of first team football and staying relatively local. Worth a try at least. 

I think Wade has 3 more years in him watching him play to be honest

According  to "Flapper" Phillips in the EP we are going to walk this league !

Well... maybe! 

too early to say yet, lets get oct and nov out of the way first

So if we are still in top 2 in Jan? 

I think the chance to bed in some more really talented players will be there in Jan so we have a squad ready for the Championship assuming we get there.

Look what a difference it made this season when we did most of our business early on.

Well... maybe! 

So if we are still in top 2 in Jan? 

I think the chance to bed in some more really talented players will be there in Jan so we have a squad ready for the Championship assuming we get there.

Look what a difference it made this season when we did most of our business early on.

if we are flying, I (if i was manager) would strengthern the squad with an eye on next season, if we are out side it would be just to get us up,

but nothing is won in october I just think its a bit early to be talking about it at the moment

i would like to see us bring though some of the young players and give them a bit of a chance before we go signing anyone else,

now is the perfect time to blood some young players as it's always a lot easier when the team is playing well and the crowd is in good sprites, 

which youngsters should we be blooding?

i would like to see Joe Morrell, Lewis Hall and Liam Monelle, i think all could do a good job for us given the chance

I'd add marley Bishop to that as well,

I don't think we should change anything at the moment, lets us build a good lead and then give those youngsters some time off the bench,

in the mean time loan out hall and morrell so they can get use to first team football and bring them back at xmas

Not a bad shout on the youngsters; last few seasons while we've been in bother we've looked to experience to pull us out of the fire, but as long as expectations were tempered and not too highly, someone like Morrell or even Bishop being in and around the first team could help their development.

That said: when Burns struggles to get minutes (not because of his ability but our form) it is hard to see anyone dislodging any of those in the jerseys just now.

Not a bad shout on the youngsters; last few seasons while we've been in bother we've looked to experience to pull us out of the fire, but as long as expectations were tempered and not too highly, someone like Morrell or even Bishop being in and around the first team could help their development.

That said: when Burns struggles to get minutes (not because of his ability but our form) it is hard to see anyone dislodging any of those in the jerseys just now.

to add to that I actually think this is the fittest I've seen city look since 2008

Indeed. BCFC scouts were present at the recent England U20 match at Telford  watching him. We would be foolish to overlook Christy Pym as well.

Cover for Elliot, if not direct competition for his place, cover for Wilbs (or should I say god), easily the best frontman I've seen since Super Bob, he just looks literally a league ahead of anyone in his position in this league, the best bit of business since.......Korey Smith, Agard, Ayling, Freeman :laugh:....

It's still very early and I know I'll take pelters for this but this team is capable of doing well in the championship without the luck that we had that year ( and no I'm not saying that it was luck that was the only feature in our "success".

in the mean time loan out hall and morrell so they can get use to first team football and bring them back at xmas

totally agree with this, get these two some first team games in league 2 and i think they well be ready to be in the first team as cover in the new year just when we may need it due to injuries and suspensions

i always like to try to keep an eye in whats going on it the under 21's and all of they have been very good this year, in fact i would say the best developmental side we have had in a long time, i really do think 3 or 4 could make it to become first teamers

I'd be interested, if you have the time of course, to give us your opinion on the players you think that are good enough to make it and why.

Living up north it's difficult to get the info (seeing the younger teams play), on the up and coming, ones to watch so to speak, much appreciated mate.

good comments about bringing through younger players but surely best to do this via the loan system?

I'm not sure if any of these youngsters could deputise for Agard, Wilbs, Smith etc in the near future. Planning ahead has to be a crucial part of the jig saw and if we are going up then Jan has to be a perfect time to bring new blood in whilst we're riding the crest of a wave and give time to blend.

As the season progresses, hopefully we won't be losing 2 goal leads or riding our luck in the last 15 mins which will allow SC to bring on subs earlier.

I would like to see matty done come in from Rochdale the lad looks a real talent. Rochdale are not the biggest club in the division any thoughts?

No argument he's a talent, but if they keep it up and are doing well, he's so central to their side, I'd be amazed he'd if he jump ship mid season.

Definitely one to watch though. Likes of Matt Grimes are good calls, as despite how well their clubs might be doing, we would still be a division above in Jan, and less of a risk for them.

Archived