IGNORED

Worst Fans In The Country

chivers88

Who's idea was it really to push vocal support that side of the Williams?

Seems obvious to me that it needs to be closer to away fans.. Either Atyeo itself or otherside of Williams.

Did former EE'rs actively choose that section or did club "recommend" it?

Listened on player today. Sounded fairly noisy but that's due to position of commentary box in relation to Williams singing section.

Hope it improves and hope the south stand is going to be vocal area. Sadly don't think it will

Today the EE/Williams fans WERE quiet. A few attempts to get stuff going. The team was poor today, and the fans quietened down for long spells. The worst its been on the pitch and in the Williams/EE area today. A rare off day. PNE were noisy ****ers tho'...we on the pitch didnt give them any reason to quiten down.

It will be different next home game on and off the pitch.

WTF is all this us and them among us for???

The singing culture at football matches is dieing out because kids these days don't go to matches on their own, or stand on the school boy terrace. They go with their dad (or mom) - and that's if they can ever afford it! Is a kid going to start singing songs about football with their parents sat next to them or their mates?

And then there's the parent who probably would enjoy a sing song but doesn't want to on their own.

As for me, I'll join in if the game merits it and the people around me are giving it a good go. But I'm not just going to start up a song on my own because footballs just not like that anymore.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Who's idea was it really to push vocal support that side of the Williams?

Seems obvious to me that it needs to be closer to away fans.. Either Atyeo itself or otherside of Williams.

Did former EE'rs actively choose that section or did club "recommend" it?

Listened on player today. Sounded fairly noisy but that's due to position of commentary box in relation to Williams singing section.

Hope it improves and hope the south stand is going to be vocal area. Sadly don't think it will

The club don't want "noisy" fans next to the away fans, this is why you can't get season tickets next to the away fans in either the parkend or Williams.

A lot of clubs do this now, to cut down on policing. Cardiff for one, Watford also, place the family stand next to the away fans and not as many stewards and police are needed.

This isn't directly aimed at you, but I think this a problem, including myself, that no one really wants to get too involved , maybe we don't know how to anymore, or the whole we need to do as we are told society is taking it's toll.

Don't get me wrong (and maybe others), I like to join in and I'd like to think I'm pretty loud when I get going. There are just some songs that I can't be bothered with and at this particular moment in time they happen to include gas songs. If we were in the same division it would be a totally different kettle of fish.

Don't get me wrong (and maybe others), I like to join in and I'd like to think I'm pretty loud when I get going. There are just some songs that I can't be bothered with and at this particular moment in time they happen to include gas songs. If we were in the same division it would be a totally different kettle of fish.

I fully agree with you, in Europe they have people leading the chants, but then I guess Europe is different to over here.

I highly doubt Preston at home, are as good as they were today away.

Nah we are crap at home. It's easy to make noise when all the people who make noise are together with a low roof like we were today.

I saw this thread title and assumed it was about us! I was wondering what we had done wrong haha

It's also easy to make noise when fans' clubs' are winning an everyone feels good. The stand dynamics aid this obviously, as does alcohol.

It's all bollocks, though. Atmosphere in the ground isn't a priority for the powers that be. A lively atmosphere is in fact what they don't want. We are not the poorest home support in the country, we are merely on a par with the status quo.

As for Palace, I respect what they're trying to do within reason. However, something would seem a bit contrived if we were doing the same thing being bum-fckued by the likes of Wolves (0-4) under McCinness for example.

Don't think performing monkeys are really appropriate. Irate people, expressing how they really feel is probably more virtuatous.

Nah we are crap at home. It's easy to make noise when all the people who make noise are together with a low roof like we were today.

I saw this thread title and assumed it was about us! I was wondering what we had done wrong haha

Hmm interesting, ive seen posts and heard comments from fans in the atyeo saying they cant make an atmosphere in there because of the roof. Both your fans and chesterfields ahave clearly disproven that.

I think its time that the fans stop making excuses for a poor atmosphere and actually create one (this can be said for pretty much every team in the country)

Hmm interesting, ive seen posts and heard comments from fans in the atyeo saying they cant make an atmosphere in there because of the roof. Both your fans and chesterfields ahave clearly disproven that.

I think its time that the fans stop making excuses for a poor atmosphere and actually create one (this can be said for pretty much every team in the country)

12,000 odd home regulars - families, kids, pensioners, footballing purists need to make an excuse for not making the noise that a small minority of dedicated away support, forza type idealists etc do?

If we want to create a decent atmosphere, the club should continue to liaise with the supporters who want to achieve it. The rejection of safe-standing legislation was a big f-you from the authorities, tbf.

The singing culture at football matches is dieing out because kids these days don't go to matches on their own, or stand on the school boy terrace. They go with their dad (or mom) - and that's if they can ever afford it! Is a kid going to start singing songs about football with their parents sat next to them or their mates?

And then there's the parent who probably would enjoy a sing song but doesn't want to on their own.

As for me, I'll join in if the game merits it and the people around me are giving it a good go. But I'm not just going to start up a song on my own because footballs just not like that anymore.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Pretty much same here mate. Where I sit in the Dolman is like an f-ing morgue, and it's old guys, young families, vaguely posh looking blokes all around. No singing.

I like to join in when a decent chant starts up and I'll mebbes get the teenagers sat next to me to join in.but where I am nobody's going to start a song. And tbf today, there was little to inspire one.

12,000 odd home regulars - families, kids, pensioners, footballing purists need to make an excuse for not making the noise that a small minority of dedicated away support, forza type idealists etc do?

If we want to create a decent atmosphere, the club should continue to liaise with the supporters who want to achieve it. The rejection of safe-standing legislation was a big f-you from the authorities, tbf.

not quite what i meant. i mean the people who said an atmosphere cant be created in the atyeo because of the stand have been shown up by away fans a few times already this season, posts saying that the atmosphere is crap because we cant have flares etc just being excuses

The safe standing rejection was bad yes, but sitting down doesnt mean people cant chant

not quite what i meant. i mean the people who said an atmosphere cant be created in the atyeo because of the stand have been shown up by away fans a few times already this season, posts saying that the atmosphere is crap because we cant have flares etc just being excuses

The safe standing rejection was bad yes, but sitting down doesnt mean people cant chant

If you see fit to compare 1,100 away supporters with our Atyeo contingent and make sensible assumptions then so be it.

No doubt, in my my mind, the club could embrace the club's 'Forza' movement, I'm pissed off that it's not.

Crystal Palace fans are the yardstick at the moment.

Love em or loathe em, the singing section of the Holmesdale End gives it absolutely everything whether they are winning, getting stuffed or playing out a boring draw.

They are just superb. Their "You've got the money but we've got the soul" banner display against Man City was class.

People on here wax lyrical about the East End of the last few seasons. It was nothing compared to the East End of the '70s and '80s and it was nothing compared to the atmospheres of other clubs like Palace.

They work positively with the club to try and ensure that every possible bit of potential 'home advantage's fully maximised.

The odd rendition of 'come on you reds' from the Williams is getting tired.

The HF originated in 2005 and did in the formative years experience similar challenges familiar to those in the Eastend, although the stewarding and ticketing issues in the Holmesdale were not as far reaching - Fans involved in WTMS used to contact them intermittently to share experiences, and information including that on how CPFC rules differed to Bristol City's.

Many would disagree with your point about the Eastend v the eighties / Palace. It was different, and for periods better. Crystal Palaces club and fans have improved in unison, that is also a case of the club working with fans, not fans working around a handful of individuals views of what they feel "Support" should be. Their "You've got the money but we've got the soul" banner display against Man City and may others would NOT be allowed at Ashton Gate, and many other clubs due to the arbitrary rules FC's have.

The Williams E isn't very good, but Bristol Citys fans are also not the worst in the Country by a long way. How Bristol City support themselves can improve is by having a club that works with fans in the manner CPFC "eventually" did with Supporters in the Holmesdale, the benefit is now clear at a club that was once dubbed the Nigels.

The club don't want "noisy" fans next to the away fans, this is why you can't get season tickets next to the away fans in either the parkend or Williams.

A lot of clubs do this now, to cut down on policing. Cardiff for one, Watford also, place the family stand next to the away fans and not as many stewards and police are needed.

Allowing our most boisterous fans to group next to the away fans is simply asking for trouble. Fine perhaps when MKDons or Crawley are the visitors, but certainly not Swindon, Sheffield United, or a pumped up inebriated following like yesterday.

It shouldn't be necessary for City's 'singers' to be in close proximity to the away fans to create an atmosphere - the old East End was bloody noisy and the away fans were miles away in the open end. When the open end was fenced down the middle, and the Park End was formed, there was trouble every week.

It's surely a question of whether it's your priority to exchange chanting 'banter' with the away fans or simply make as much noise as possible noise in support of the team.

People talk about the atmosphere generated at Palace, but haven't they achieved this despite moving the away supporters to the other end of the ground?  :dunno: 

Archived