IGNORED

Worst Fans In The Country

chivers88

Glory hunters? I was one of those and I'm not sure my 12 hour round trip makes me a glory hunter.

Good point.  Different people have different reasons for leaving early.  You can't judge a supporter by how long he / she stays in the ground.  There are a few near me who stay until the end and spend the entire match moaning.  I'd be happy if they left after ten minutes!

People talk about the atmosphere generated at Palace, but haven't they achieved this despite moving the away supporters to the other end of the ground?

It has also been achieved by close co-operation between club and fans. Crystal Palace with CPFC2010 [those who run the club] have nurtured a feel around the club of openness far removed from Ashton Gate.

The club allow fans in the Holmesdale a freedom that is unlikely at Bristol City in the future. Would BCFC - BS turn a blind eye to "Stop Scudamore", "Premier Greed", or " Romans dirty money" flags and banners?

It has also been achieved by close co-operation between club and fans. Crystal Palace with CPFC2010 [those who run the club] have nurtured a feel around the club of openness far removed from Ashton Gate.

The club allow fans in the Holmesdale a freedom that is unlikely at Bristol City in the future. Would BCFC - BS turn a blind eye to "Stop Scudamore", "Premier Greed", or " Romans dirty money" flags and banners?

If you are who I think you are, take into account that Palace are ran and managed now and historically by a bunch of ******* morons.

May I make the suggestion that a slightly less aggressive approach could prove beneficial?

SL is not non-negotiable, I believe he would approve the desires of the 'undersirables' if all factors were considered and taken into account. Despite a long and over processed campaign, the EE was eventually re-opened.

Everyone complains about the atmosphere but no one does anything about it...

Just saying.

Everyone complains about the atmosphere but no one does anything ... Simply untrue. Not everyone complains about the atmosphere, many do not care, but there has been considerable efforts over the last ten years to create improvement. Forza EE, YSC ... All had potential and momentum at points.

Sorry, didn't say it as I meant it, let me explain what I mean. What I mean is that we don't do much different to improve it. Like Palace (sorry to bring them up again) but they have a group that specifically aim to create an atmosphere and many European clubs have a 'choirmaster' or whatever you want to call them. If we want to improve the atmosphere then something needs to change and the only way for this to happen is for people to actively make it change. (the Parkenders I appreciate were one such group; whom I was with last season, which sadly didn't get going). When these initiatives like the above mentioned get going people who want to join in and sing need to make an effort to support it.  

Although I do appreciate that much of Ashton Gate doesn't help in creating an atmosphere as they aren't up for singing.

Sorry, didn't say it as I meant it, let me explain what I mean. What I mean is that we don't do anything different to improve it. Like Palace (sorry to bring them up again) but they have a group that specifically aim to create an atmosphere and many European clubs have a 'choirmaster' or whatever you want to call them. If we want to improve the atmosphere then something needs to change and the only way for this to happen is for people to actively make it change. 

Although I do appreciate that much of Ashton Gate doesn't help in creating an atmosphere as they aren't up for singing.

That's just what WTMS is attempting to bring about.

I got into City because of the coldren of noise I was a part of in Dolman B block as a 14 year old. I loved it more than I did the football itself or whether we won or lost.

It's a tragedy that a generation since had been lost an I'm all in support of re-introducing it to the game.

If you are who I think you are, take into account that Palace are ran and managed now and historically by a bunch of ******* morons.

May I make the suggestion that a slightly less aggressive approach could prove beneficial?

SL is not non-negotiable, I believe he would approve the desires of the 'undersirables' if all factors were considered and taken into account. Despite a long and over processed campaign, the EE was eventually re-opened.

Bristol City would benefit from the expertise of "ran now by a bunch of ******* morons".

That's just what WTMS is attempting to bring about.

I got into City because of the coldren of noise I was a part of in Dolman B block as a 14 year old. I loved it more than I did the football itself or whether we won or lost.

It's a tragedy that a generation since had been lost an I'm all in support of re-introducing it to the game.

Indeed, it is sad. It wasn't that long ago that Ashton Gate was absolutely rocking with unbelievable atmosphere's such as the Palace and Hartlepool games. I often wonder if the last 5 or so years of misery have knocked the stuffing out of us. Would love to see it get going again, and with the right approach dare I say, Ashton Gate will bounce again!?

Definitely wouldn't say we're the worst in the country though. Most of the away games we go to the home fans are non existent or at least the ones I've been to. 

Bristol City would benefit from the expertise of "ran now by a bunch of ******* morons".

Christ! If you love them that much, why don't you support them. The reputation Palace fans have all over London, is not as a bunch of loveable, passionate fans, but as a bunch of suburban tools. Planks.

Everything you post always seems to be geared to knocking the club, often on very spurious grounds. Do I want to see City's stands festooned with banners about Richard Scudamore or Roman Abramovitch? No, I do not.

As much as I appreciate what palace fans have done. I'm very much under the impression that is not every game and mostly reserved for when the big boys come to town.

Not being funny but if we were beating Liverpool at home this afternoon the gate would be rocking.

Would it really? the ground would be full of people who have come to see premiership football

Christ! If you love them that much, why don't you support them. The reputation Palace fans have all over London, is not as a bunch of loveable, passionate fans, but as a bunch of suburban tools. Planks.

Everything you post always seems to be geared to knocking the club, often on very spurious grounds. Do I want to see City's stands festooned with banners about Richard Scudamore or Roman Abramovitch? No, I do not.

No Jesus needed.

Read into it a little more.

Yes once Palace were the Nigels now things have altered.

The approach of CPFC has benefits, encouraging fan engagement and involvement has benefits. CPFC have taken the bold approach that the overwhelming majority of what a section of fans do is good, and this should be allowed to happen. The space allowed fans creates positive support, even if two sticks featuring Punk album covers and juvenile sloganeering is not to everybodies taste. That bold approach can foster a feel of us rather than them.

Fan owned German clubs by their very nature foster that us feel further. Entire stands are dedicated to creating noisy colourful spaces. These sections are considered a essential part of the club. German supports are renowned for their size and noise.

At Bristol City waving a flag in the air was greeted by a team of Stewards.

Which approach above is of the most thoughtful, and will be of the most benefit to creating a noisy stadium?

Being myopic and refusing to consider what other clubs, and nations do e.g Suburban tools, planks won't help improve City's support.

Same as burnley/stoke etc but the atmosphere still turns up a notch. The fuller the stadium the louder the noise.

Odd 2 clubs to highlight.

The people of Stoke and Burnley traditionally very much support their local clubs, and in enviable numbers, no comparison at all to the the PL infatuated masses in and around Bristol.

If City got to the PL half the crowd would be made up of either opposition fans or neutrals.

No Jesus needed.

Read into it a little more.

Yes once Palace were the Nigels now things have altered.

The approach of CPFC has benefits, encouraging fan engagement and involvement has benefits. CPFC have taken the bold approach that the overwhelming majority of what a section of fans do is good, and this should be allowed to happen. The space allowed fans creates positive support, even if two sticks featuring Punk album covers and juvenile sloganeering is not to everybodies taste. That bold approach can foster a feel of us rather than them.

Fan owned German clubs by their very nature foster that us feel further. Entire stands are dedicated to creating noisy colourful spaces. These sections are considered a essential part of the club. German supports are renowned for their size and noise.

At Bristol City waving a flag in the air was greeted by a team of Stewards.

Which approach above is of the most thoughtful, and will be of the most benefit to creating a noisy stadium?

Being myopic and refusing to consider what other clubs, and nations do e.g Suburban tools, planks won't help improve City's support.

The trouble with comparing German clubs to City, is you're comparing English football with a much larger country with considerably fewer professional clubs. Of course support for big Bundesliga teams is massive.

I do accept your point though that we can learn and take on board the lessons from other clubs. Re-reading my last post I may have come across as unnecessarily dismissive.

I still bridle at the Palace love-in however. Their fans may now be noisier, but they still are a bunch of twunts though...

Odd 2 clubs to highlight.

The people of Stoke and Burnley traditionally very much support their local clubs, and in enviable numbers, no comparison at all to the the PL infatuated masses in and around Bristol.

If City got to the PL half the crowd would be made up of either opposition fans or neutrals.

Sorry I didn't mean plastics showing up. Bad choice of words.

Having been bought up just down the road from Stoke I know how well supported they are. I also know how many of the people i knew who only went sparingly suddenly became season ticket holders.

I meant fans who suddenly become more interested when top flight football becomes available. The same could be said of city- you only have to look at the big games we sell out at championship and league one level. When we are successful people who have only been to one game in two years are suddenly there every game.

I was gulity of being dragged into negativity yesterday by the match day experience. No passion (or very little) from the home stands (me included!) I even ended up slagging our players off using language that I was embarrassed about (apologies E block Atyeo). I know that performances rouse crowds (that crunching tackle or ferocious challenge) but I, as a ST holder and a fan for around 50 yrs could do more. Our glass is still more than half full. We are top of the league and the fans need to push on with positivity. I spoke to a mate after. I cannot recall us winning a league title since I've been going down the gate. Please let it be this year but everyone needs to be positive. It could be a lot worse entering the festive period than it is!!!...

Atyeo was embarrassing as usual . Cant wait to move away from the library and funny stares every time I try to get a song going

Yesterday was quieter than usual but I have to say I've been impressed with the passion shown towards away fans - there has been good vocal support in some games but it could be better.

The first season with any kind of success in 4 ywads and it coincides with everyone having to move round. Of course its not going to be great.

As for the Atyeo, its our family stand ffs. What do you want them to do? I know a few dads who take their kids in thier precisely because there is no swewring, hostility etc.

Makes it even more amusing when a group of scabby turds turn up and start goading them like yesterday. What on earth were they doing?

I think the atmosphere is always lacking when we play teams we have no great dislike for,remember when we played Watford under John ward,1st v 2nd and like a morgue, compere that to when we play Millwall,Cardiff ,Leeds etc,and in this division who is there to really dislike.It also doesn't help when people turn up expecting us to win at a canter,we have no devine right to win games and really need to back the team(and that doesn't mean you've got to indulge in non stop singing),let's see if just for once we can actually win something.

Archived