IGNORED

Worst Fans In The Country

chivers88

Crystal Palace fans are the yardstick at the moment.

Love em or loathe em, the singing section of the Holmesdale End gives it absolutely everything whether they are winning, getting stuffed or playing out a boring draw.

They are just superb. Their "You've got the money but we've got the soul" banner display against Man City was class.

People on here wax lyrical about the East End of the last few seasons. It was nothing compared to the East End of the '70s and '80s and it was nothing compared to the atmospheres of other clubs like Palace.

They work positively with the club to try and ensure that every possible bit of potential 'home advantage's fully maximised.

The odd rendition of 'come on you reds' from the Williams is getting tired.

And chaps around Ashton Gate who know them will tell what they do would not be allowed past Bristol City's safety officer.

Singing section in the Williams rest of the ground ur all ******* shit we are top of the league so sing ur bunch boring *****

What a lot of ex Wedlock, now Williams, fans fail to realise is the noise you can hear when you're in the middle of a group of people is not the same as can be heard in the rest of the ground. Get rid of that chip on your shoulder and start respecting supporters in other parts of the ground.

What a lot of ex Wedlock, now Williams, fans fail to realise is the noise you can hear when you're in the middle of a group of people is not the same as can be heard in the rest of the ground. Get rid of that chip on your shoulder and start respecting supporters in other parts of the ground.

If you read it again he could be suggesting ALL the ground was poor. If he is as a Williams user I would agree. The Williams singing section is failing.

If you read it again he could be suggesting ALL the ground was poor. If he is as a Williams user I would agree. The Williams singing section is failing.

Could this be something to do with the stand? On player you can hear them and the commentary commented on them a couple of times.

Genuine question as I haven't made it to a home game yet this season.

Could this be something to do with the stand?

Yes. From the lower deck the sound does not carry well, and it is hard due to lack of space for the former groups to gather together beyond small groups in the upper singing section. The competing with the away fan has also gone.

It is still a surprise how poor it has become, and how quickly given the teams form.

I have read it again and it is a bit ambiguous. Perhaps the O P could clarify what he / she meant.

It's weird. When we last got into the Championship the Gate was rocking every week from each side of the ground. Then we had to put up with 5 years of increasingly shite football which understandably made the atmosphere worse (apart the eastend who kept going). This season we're finally good again and it feels like people don't know what to do!! Can't wait to get out the Dolman at the end of the season its embarrassing how quiet it is

The Williams singing section should have been either in the Atyeo or the other side of the Williams near the away end.

It's positioned really poorly for atmosphere.

Agree 100%. The club missed out on a trick there. 300 - 400 away fans singing in the corner of the Atyeo can be loud due to the acoustics. Were in Williams block A....hardly hear Williams singing. 

Worst fans in the counrty?

An interesting title for a thread, I'm only 45 but have watched City in all 4 divisions and at too many away grounds that I care to mention. Some of the people I go with have far more experince than me. If you think we are some of the worst fans around, give me a PM and we'll discuss over a pint how we are "bad fans'

Archived